KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Jessica Jones

Jessica Jones
Started by: Time-Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

Finally got through this. Great show IMO, but a bit disappointed with the ending. And not sure how the show will be without Kilgrave.

Looking forward to Daredevil S2 now, and to Defenders.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2016 12:02 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So is this show worth watching? How does it compare to Daredevil?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 04:34 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Its full of people with totally messed up lives because they aren't smart enough to fix their own problems and they continue down the shit spiral that is their lives....and they have super powers.

So yes.

Now if it only had zombies.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 04:38 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
So is this show worth watching? How does it compare to Daredevil?

I liked it. The villain is done well. Maybe not as action heavy as DD but there is action . Luke Cage is also pretty good in it. It's the same universe as DD so there are some cameos in there as well from DD.

I think it's worth a watch.Especially if you're itching for more Netflix DD type shows. thumb up

Last edited by Inhuman on Mar 22nd, 2016 at 04:45 AM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 04:42 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Cool, I'll check it out. Thanks. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 04:44 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by Galan007
Cool, I'll check it out. Thanks. thumb up

The woman (Trinity) that gave Foggy an interview for a job at her firm is a pretty big character in JJ.

Last edited by Inhuman on Mar 22nd, 2016 at 04:58 AM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 04:48 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Personally, I thought JJ was even better then Daredevil, overall.

Spot on actor for Cage. They're usually great with casting, but they outdid themselves with him.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 01:17 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

i thought it was very entertaining. man, Marvel vs DC cable television universe is where the real battle is at! Cinema..well, not so much lol

Old Post Apr 4th, 2016 03:43 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by cdtm
Personally, I thought JJ was even better then Daredevil, overall.

Spot on actor for Cage. They're usually great with casting, but they outdid themselves with him.
S1 JJ was better than S1 DD, but not S2 DD.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Apr 4th, 2016 04:15 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Started watching this and am rather enjoying it. 3 episodes in so far.

I certainly hope they start using the myriad of people who have been controlled by Kilgrave to testify and justify the girls claim to innocence, otherwise the show could get a little annoying.

And I must say, I never would have expected quite so much fu#king in a Marvel Netflix show.. heh

Old Post Oct 15th, 2016 04:02 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Started watching this and am rather enjoying it. 3 episodes in so far.

I certainly hope they start using the myriad of people who have been controlled by Kilgrave to testify and justify the girls claim to innocence, otherwise the show could get a little annoying.

And I must say, I never would have expected quite so much fu#king in a Marvel Netflix show.. heh
Marvel is all about that phucking, dawg.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Oct 15th, 2016 06:04 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

It's essential to the plot!

Old Post Oct 15th, 2016 09:32 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

I was kind of bored with the villain for this, Kilgrave, until about episode 8 or so, when JJ returns home. I just had trouble believing him as this villain, but now I see why they cast him. His Britishness makes more sense now.

5 more episodes left, really enjoying this show..

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 01:49 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Though this show had some problems, can't go wrong with David Tennant.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 02:13 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I actually really enjoyed JJ. And not just for all the f***ing.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 12:42 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I liked it too. The gritty realism makes the superhero thing work without getting very CGI dependent.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 03:09 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by queeq
I liked it too. The gritty realism makes the superhero thing work without getting very CGI dependent.

This.

I am loving the lack of stupid superhero costumes and ridiculous CGI. Just great character acting and an intriguing premise.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 10:10 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Just finished this show. Brilliant. Great modern noir, detective vibe.

Is there a release date for Season 2?

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 11:48 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Old Post Feb 8th, 2018 01:00 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

^ Thanks for posting, I had been meaning to watch it.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 12:35 AM