KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Star Trek: Discovery

Star Trek: Discovery
Started by: Bashar Teg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
samhain
The Demon Hunter

laughing out loud

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 10:13 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
ds9 is frikin excellent but really fizzles out at the last season. still my favorite.

Will never get over how underwhelming the finale was.

That said pretty much every character got a suitable ending. As did the story itself.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 12:37 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
chief obrien is way more useful in ds9 as well

(please log in to view the image)

Poor Chief, though he did sort of get one moment to shine on TNG when he gets to sing a song with that murderous starfleet captain who went a little bit nutty.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 05:25 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Will never get over how underwhelming the finale was.

That said pretty much every character got a suitable ending. As did the story itself.

I just always found it very odd that Sisko has his last talk at the end with his new wife instead of his son. It was more or less "f*ck off I'm gonna go be an energy being for a bit". Poor Jake.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 05:26 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Jake's a tool anyway.

The finale, from what I heard, did suffer from budgetary issues. It's why they re-use a lot of battle footage during it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 09:12 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by -Pr-
Jake's a tool anyway.

The finale, from what I heard, did suffer from budgetary issues. It's why they re-use a lot of battle footage during it.

That makes sense. I can deal with some reused action scenes. But the Kai Winn/Dukat stuff really let it down for me. I mean they literally spent several episodes building that up to end in a 2 second tussle.

So I guess they literally ran out of money which is a big shame as DS9 deserved a better send off.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 09:33 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Darth Thor
That makes sense. I can deal with some reused action scenes. But the Kai Winn/Dukat stuff really let it down for me. I mean they literally spent several episodes building that up to end in a 2 second tussle.

So I guess they literally ran out of money which is a big shame as DS9 deserved a better send off.

It did, and it didn't help that it wasn't the favourite child, Voyager getting all the shiny stuff that DS9 should have got.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 09:34 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

The only good thing about Voyager is how easy it is to Riff!

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 09:37 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Episode 3 was an improvement, still doesn't really seem like a Star Trek show but I can live with that as I'm not a huge fan, by which I mean I like Trek but not as much as others seem to. Are they hinting Michael grew up with Spock? Seems like they were.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 01:42 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by -Pr-
Jake's a tool anyway.

He is. Still loved the time bungei episode.

Even without that, I'll still take him over Doctor Bashire, a.k.a. Doctor Death (He literally killed a patient in the early seasons.)

quote:

Effects were pathetic for the finale.

But Dukat's over the top performance more then made up for it. Got to love the arrogance.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 01:54 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Surtur
Poor Chief, though he did sort of get one moment to shine on TNG when he gets to sing a song with that murderous starfleet captain who went a little bit nutty.

And he dies on ds9.

Tachyon poisoning. Time duplicate takes over. No one ever knew, no one to mourn. Saddest thing I've ever seen on Trek outside of Bashire unwittingly helping Wynn assassinate her political rival.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 01:57 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by samhain
Are they hinting Michael grew up with Spock? Seems like they were.
they outright confirmed it.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 03:00 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

So expect an appearance from Sarek and a pre-pubescent Spock at some point then?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 04:39 PM
cdtm

Sarek already happened.

No Spock yet. Hope they don't go there.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 06:37 PM
Flyattractor

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 06:42 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Episode 3 was a bit better, I thought. They're setting up an interesting storyline with these experiments, and it'll be interesting to see where it's going.

The show is still suffering, imo, from a central character that's just all over the place, and a supporting cast that, even with new actors and new characters, isn't terribly well put together. Outside of Saru, anyway, even if they're not terribly consistent with how they use him.

Doug Jones is still the highlight of the show, though.

==

lol @ her being Spock's adopted sister. Terrible decision.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 07:24 PM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

I loved episode 3. Quit watching The Orville because the humour wasn't working for me. Discovery is much more my style, good writing and complex characters.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 08:39 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by cdtm
Sarek already happened.

Yeah, saw him in the first 2 episodes, doubt it's the last we see of him though. Sarek with a young Spock in tow is what I was getting at.

Question. Been going through TNG, and I was wondering, is there a point where I should start watching DS9 and subsequently Voyager? I'm halfway through season 4 on TNG and I don't want to miss any crossovers, whether thematically or outright. Or is it safe to start watching one show when I've finished the previous one?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 10:16 PM
Darth Thor

Episode 3 was a big improvement. Effects have got better surprisingly.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 10:52 PM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

how does transporter tech work? I'm guessing there has to be cooperation between two ships and you can't just beam aboard another ship w/o permission.

i ask because Captain Lorca seems to want to use that large creature for something... would he be able to transport it onto a Klingon ship?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 11:17 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote