KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Star Trek: Discovery

Star Trek: Discovery
Started by: Bashar Teg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

PR, DarthThor, what do you two thing about Ash Tyler?

As it's now blatantly obvious that Ash Tyler (or who we assume is the real Ash) is a Klingon sleeper agent, but his surgical altering is curious. Is he a really a Klingon and if so, is he Voq? He vanished around the same time Tyler appeared.

Stands to reason they could bring in the and use the Klingon Augment virus story as a means for a Klingon to become very human-like, then surgery (as was noted in the last ep) to turn him into a copy of Starfleet Officer Ash Tyler. Then a memory wipe/implant to top it all off.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 06:31 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ I guess something similar to the Kelvin timeline Enterprise?

The show does have movie level effects. So yeah, could look real neat.

As long as they don't go too Kelvin-y, I won't mind them sprucing it up a fair bit.

Originally posted by Robtard

As it's now blatantly obvious that Ash Tyler (or who we assume is the real Ash) is a Klingon sleeper agent, but his surgical altering is curious. Is he a really a Klingon and if so, is he Voq? He vanished around the same time Tyler appeared.

Stands to reason they could bring in the and use the Klingon Augment virus story as a means for a Klingon to become very human-like, then surgery (as was noted in the last ep) to turn him into a copy of Starfleet Officer Ash Tyler. Then a memory wipe/implant to top it all off.

I've seen a few people say he's Voq, and it wouldn't surprise me if he is, but I dunno. It almost seems too obvious, in a way. I'm expecting them to go in a different direction with it.

There's also a theory going around that it'll be revealed that Lorca himself is from the Mirror Universe, and that his "disappearance" was him coming to the prime universe and replacing the "real" one.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Last edited by -Pr- on Jan 11th, 2018 at 07:41 PM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 07:29 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I wanted him to be a good guy, but damn that murder caught me by surprise.

Glad this show isn’t afraid to kill characters off like that.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 10:11 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

He could still be a good guy, seems his instinct to neck-shape was out of his control, like a programmed response if his cover is threatened.

He even seemingly isn't aware he broke the doc's neck, unless he's a sociopath now.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 10:24 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

He could still be a good guy, seems his instinct to neck-shape was out of his control, like a programmed response if his cover is threatened.

He even seemingly isn't aware he broke the doc's neck, unless he's a sociopath now.

I mean even if he’s a good guy deep down, he’s clearly a threat.

Thinking the sociopath thing is where they’re headed.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 01:03 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Weird how they made a convincing Human with apparently just surgery? You'd think a simple genetic scan would have revealed the truth. Do expect Ash-Voq to be explained further.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 05:13 PM
Flyattractor

Weird how they made a convincing Human with apparently just surgery? You'd think a simple genetic scan would have revealed the truth. Do expect Ash-Voq to be explained further.

Lol! Yes. I can see how Robbie would believe this.

eek!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 08:10 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Apparently that was the intention from day 1. The guy who originally played Voq was Shazad Latif but billed as some made up pseudo name.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 12:29 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

The Tyler thing came out of left field for me, good to see some writers have some guts with moments like that, as long as they follow through with it of course.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jan 18th, 2018 01:33 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

caught up with this now.. last 2 shows have been better...

the Tyler thing was obvious the moment the actor joined the show...

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 19th, 2018 03:48 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Interesting twist with Lorca...

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 04:11 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I'd like to say this is better then Voyager.

But for all the bad, I can think back and fondly remember moments.

Can't say that about this show. It's like chinese food, it's ok when you're eating it, but you aren't going to look back about that fantastic meal you had.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 04:31 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Kind of weird how the most popular fan theories turned out to be right.

Originally posted by cdtm
I'd like to say this is better then Voyager.

But for all the bad, I can think back and fondly remember moments.

Can't say that about this show. It's like chinese food, it's ok when you're eating it, but you aren't going to look back about that fantastic meal you had.

Yeah, it's not bad, and it's easily digested, but it doesn't leave a lasting impression imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 06:56 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Lorca's not surprising at all, he was from the start not your usual ST Captain. He was shady and you didn't really know where he stood. All in all, I like what they're doing with him.

I'm assuming that since evil Lorca came to the prime universe, the prime universe Lorca went the the mirror, as a trade-off. Wondering if he died as presumed or is still somewhere out there and will make an appearance and possibly take over the Lorca role eventually. Discovery still needs its Captain.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 07:06 PM
Darth Thor

^ Yes and I still want Lorca as the captain.

But honestly I like the MU Lorca. And technically if hes against the Empreror then wont he be a good guy?

The Emperor only gave her version of the whole “grooming” thing.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 12:13 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by -Pr-
Kind of weird how the most popular fan theories turned out to be right.

Yeah Thats annoying. I suggest people put fan theories in spoiler tags from now on.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 12:14 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Lorca's not surprising at all, he was from the start not your usual ST Captain. He was shady and you didn't really know where he stood. All in all, I like what they're doing with him.

I'm assuming that since evil Lorca came to the prime universe, the prime universe Lorca went the the mirror, as a trade-off. Wondering if he died as presumed or is still somewhere out there and will make an appearance and possibly take over the Lorca role eventually. Discovery still needs its Captain.

they'll make Burnham the Captain big grin

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 03:18 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

^ Yes and I still want Lorca as the captain.

But honestly I like the MU Lorca. And technically if hes against the Empreror then wont he be a good guy?

The Emperor only gave her version of the whole “grooming” thing.

He's the best character on the show, just can't see Starfleet keeping a guy from a parallel universe; one that is build on fear, subjugation and murder, as Captain to one of their ship

MU Lorca tried to overthrow the Emperor, but likely to become Emperor himself. Stands to reason this guy is as cutthroat as any human in his universe.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 06:20 PM
Darth Thor

He's the best character on the show, just can't see Starfleet keeping a guy from a parallel universe; one that is build on fear, subjugation and murder, as Captain to one of their ship

MU Lorca tried to overthrow the Emperor, but likely to become Emperor himself. Stands to reason this guy is as cutthroat as any human in his universe.

Maybe they dont tell starfleet his true origins? I mean This is all classified stuff that Kirk and crew clearly have no clue about.

Im hoping hes fighting for Liberty. There is still that chance right?

On another note, think I will wait and binge watch the last 3 episodes.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 11:16 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Maybe they dont tell starfleet his true origins? I mean This is all classified stuff that Kirk and crew clearly have no clue about.

Im hoping hes fighting for Liberty. There is still that chance right?

On another note, think I will wait and binge watch the last 3 episodes.

Dunno, he's seems pretty MU'd out now. But certainly possible.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 12:04 AM