KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Star Trek: Discovery

Star Trek: Discovery
Started by: Bashar Teg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

Yeah thats what I thought. That they were just being A Holes.

I just hope the quality doesnt decline due to the shake up.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 11:02 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I think Stewart could return if it was a future scene in a series about his youth, you know, he has his 38 grandkids with him and he starts reminiscing about his academy days, he plays that phucking flute and the pilot episode begins. That could be okay I guess.

They know what we all want though. Brand new Trek with completely new characters but I have little regard for for the courage of writers to try and take that on.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 12:16 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
That's what I read, but then I double-checked, and apparently they were just straight-up assholes to the writing staff. So a justified firing either way.

I really hope season 2 is an improvement either way.

I kind of figured.

The cast was a little too good at acting "miserable", and you know what they say about the best acting coming from real life..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 12:42 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 09:31 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

How has this been so far? Has it gotten better since the pilot?

PWNT

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 09:48 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

rebecca romijn has been cast as number one...

http://comicbook.com/startrek/2018/...rebecca-romijn/

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 10:29 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Arachnid1
How has this been so far? Has it gotten better since the pilot?

It does get better. How much better? ymmv.

==

Season 2 trailer:

https://streamable.com/wf3mu

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2018 07:47 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 09:17 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by -Pr-
It does get better. How much better? ymmv.

==

Season 2 trailer:

https://streamable.com/wf3mu
Thanks. I'll give it a go to tune into season 2 at least then. That trailer actually looks pretty good

PWNT

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 10:58 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ You should definitely watch S1 in the meantime IMO.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 11:00 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Spock has been cast....

http://comicbook.com/startrek/2018/...ock-actor-cast/

Sweet, was hoping he'd be in this.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 24th, 2018 05:25 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Thanks. I'll give it a go to tune into season 2 at least then. That trailer actually looks pretty good

The first two eps suck, then it improves from there. There's a few dips alone the way but it definitely gets better on a nice solid upwards trajectory. The season final did seem rushed though, trying to fit too much in the allotted time.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2018 05:28 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I can honestly say I've enjoyed more Voyager episodes then Discovery.

Granted, that's not a fair comparison on sheer number of episodes, but it's still not something I should be saying. smile

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2018 05:50 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Well, I also enjoyed Voyager. Was it as good a TNG or DS9, not by a long-shot. But I liked it as a whole. It's not for everyone and that's okay.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2018 06:25 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 07:07 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Don't know shit about that guy's acting ability, but looks wise, not bad. Tall and wiry/fit, how I best picture Vulcan anatomy.

Let's just hope he can do Vulcan emotionless logic all day, while being torn with his humanity.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 08:26 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Trek: Discovery Klingon Look Will Change In Season 2

Discovery's Klingons looked radically different compared to the ones seen previously in the Star Trek franchise, with pale skin and a noticeable lack of hair. Prior to Discovery's debut, producers attempted to explain the new look by suggesting that different Klingon Houses would perhaps have different features. This would prove to be one of several instances where fans took exception to Discovery seemingly contradicting Star Trek canon, but producer Aaron Harberts has promised any inconsistencies will be addressed in the narrative. -snip

t now appears as if the inhabitants of Qo'nos are getting another restyle, as Discovery's Head of Makeup Effects, Glenn Hetrick, has claimed that the Klingons will have a different design in the show's second season. He also teased how the reason for this, as well as for their radically different initial look, will be explained in the show itself. -snip

The new look is something that did not sit well with, so I'm happy they're redoing the Klingons. Honestly can't see it getting worse; least I hope not.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2018 03:43 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'll believe it when I see it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 07:10 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

None of the 80's-90's-00's iterations of Star Trek and I include the three recent movies have stood up to the test of time like the original series or are a patch on it. I enjoyed TNG at the time, hated Voyager, enjoyed 50% of DS9 and about the same of Enterprise. Discovery I found unwatchable and hated the new films tbh.

TOS is the greatest TV show of all time.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 02:27 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

wasn't it supposed to be different "races" of Klingons that confederated and just blended into one race with defining features over time?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2018 01:10 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote