KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Star Trek: Discovery

Star Trek: Discovery
Started by: Bashar Teg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 26 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Yep it has not aged well. Especially with the extreme lack of consistency and bit too campy

That's also a problem (albeit less of one to an extent) with TNG: When you have an "anomaly of the week" format, it can really hurt some episodes. When TOS is good, it's REALLY good (Balance of Terror, Doomsday Machine etc), but when it's bad... Eesh.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
January can't come quick enough.. Season two looks good

Fingers crossed it's good.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 05:25 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Looks like they might make Prime Spock hardcore. Would be cool to see him with Burhams combat prowess added to his Vulcan strength.

Prime Spock beat the crap out of Wolverine stick out tongue

(please log in to view the image)

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 08:33 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Premiere was okay. The Burnham-wanking is still as silly as always, but that was to be expected (and I expect it to get worse). It's interesting enough that i'll watch the next ep at least.

It still doesn't "feel" like Star Trek for me, but maybe that will change.

Also, if the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: "angels" are the iconians, i'm saying I called it now. Though I'm sure I'm not the first.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 18th, 2019 11:59 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rick Deckard

I recently watched Star Trek: Discovery Season 1, on Blu-ray. Excellent show! I was extremely impressed by the storyline, effects, acting, and cast. Well-done! Some observations:

-Great opening theme credits & song; it had a retro late 1960's vibe/tone, which was obviously an intentional homage to the Classic Trek series (or, TOS for short).

-The effects were the best I've ever seen for a ST TV series - especially the exterior space scenes with the various colors, etc. - nice.

-It's interesting that in ST: Discovery they depict the Klingons as completely alien, sinister looking, & almost animalistic; I don't think they've been depicted this way in any other TV/film ST series. I'm glad the Blu-ray set had subtitles re: their language.

-Interesting that Sarek (Spock's father) played a critical role in this series, as the mentor to Michael Burnham, who had her parents killed when she was a child, and was taken under the wing of Sarek & his wife.

-The "alternate universe" sequence that was a critical plot point in the last 4-5 episodes was extremely interesting & complex. You really had to pay attention to follow what was going on here. This was obviously a homage to the excellent 'Mirror Mirror' TOS episode.

In closing, though the show was great, I also found it somewhat complicated. I will probably need to watch S01 again in it's entirety at some point in the next year. I always benefit from a second viewing of shows like this, so I can catch what I may have missed the first time around.

Side-note: I know S02 is now airing, but I will probably just wait to watch the entire S02 on Blu-ray as well, so I can watch all of the episodes back-to-back. I suspect this will be released towards the end of 2019 (S01 came out on Blu in November 2018).

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 02:51 PM
Rick Deckard is currently offline Click here to Send Rick Deckard a Private Message Find more posts by Rick Deckard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by -Pr-
The Burnham-wanking is still as silly as always, but that was to be expected (and I expect it to get worse).

Well surely the more they wank Burnham, the better it makes Spock look.

Also was nice the Discovery crew were all in awe over the Enterprise.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 03:17 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Finally watched season 2 premiere... I thought it was okay certainly not great. I hope the Klingons are I 2nd episode. Spock with a beard is disgusting and degrading. That wig that Sonequa Martin-Green is wearing should be burned coz she looks horrid with it.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2019 03:28 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i'm only interested in the Klingons and section 31 so far

Old Post Feb 1st, 2019 03:47 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Looking like another great season so far.

Really thought I was gonna miss Lorca, but damn Pikes looking like he may be as good.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2019 12:46 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i'm only interested in the Klingons and section 31 so far

Same, although I am curious about where Stammets' character will end up.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2019 10:11 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I really enjoyed the second episode, but I thought the third one was poor. Hoping for better next week.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 4th, 2019 05:52 PM
Darth Thor

So rewatching TOS and just wondering, was Lazarus, from The Alternative Factor, not from the Mirror Universe?

I presume that was a different Universe altogether. But just seems a bit strange to me that was a completely different Opposite/Mirror Parrallel Universe.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2019 12:36 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

so finally watched latest episode. it coulda been a little better. they need hurry up and ethan peck though

Old Post Feb 12th, 2019 03:40 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is all Redstones fault. If he didn't split up Viacom, Paramount would still own Star Trek.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2019 03:43 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Latest episode was good, but I really do pine for the days when the ship in the Star Trek show would go to a planet, meet a primitive people, get in to some hijinks, and learn a moral or ethical lesson at the end about what it means to be Human.

The Orville has been knocking that shit out of the park. I mean, you can rag on their comedy, but their drama has been top-notch.

I mean, not every episode of course. But not every episode needs to be "omg the galaxy is in turmoil" either.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 24th, 2019 07:39 AM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

You'll probably not find a bigger fan of all Star Trek up to voyage. For me, it just became to same old same old. Discovery I find unwatchable sadly.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2019 01:00 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor
So rewatching TOS and just wondering, was Lazarus, from The Alternative Factor, not from the Mirror Universe?

I presume that was a different Universe altogether. But just seems a bit strange to me that was a completely different Opposite/Mirror Parrallel Universe.
why not if you have reflections in reflections what not more than one mirror universe?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2019 01:02 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Makes sense to me.

Isn't that kind of what we're getting? The reboot was said to be another universe, and I believe Discovery is set outside the "classic" universe, although uncertain if that's an official stance..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2019 02:35 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
Makes sense to me.

Isn't that kind of what we're getting? The reboot was said to be another universe, and I believe Discovery is set outside the "classic" universe, although uncertain if that's an official stance..
thumb up

Old Post Feb 24th, 2019 02:59 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Ep 6 of season 2 and it's finally somewhat watchable. Definitely not a good start.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 25th, 2019 10:21 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

ethan peck should not be wearing a beard...

Old Post Mar 15th, 2019 02:36 AM