KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Star Trek: Discovery

Star Trek: Discovery
Started by: Bashar Teg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 29 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Picard is pretty good. Star Trek Discovery isn't necessarily all bad. It has some good parts.

The new animated series aimed at adults(Lower Decks) is excellent.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2020 06:34 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

And they’re all on CBS all access?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2020 06:53 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire

Yes, though you could probably buy them on Amazon Prime.

The first season of Discovery is going to air in cbs this fall. Though if you only watch one of the shows mentioned then watch Lower Decks.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2020 07:24 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

So are any of the new Star Trek shows any good?

some don't but i like picard... don't like discovery much.. lower decks is good fun

yes... you can watch all and let us know which ones you hate and like

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Last edited by BruceSkywalker on Sep 3rd, 2020 at 07:28 PM

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2020 07:25 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

One of the things I hear people complaining about when it comes to Picard and discovery is that they’re kind of darker and less optimistic portrayals of the future. Is that true?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2020 07:48 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

One of the things I hear people complaining about when it comes to Picard and discovery is that they’re kind of darker and less optimistic portrayals of the future. Is that true?

Yes. They're more "dark for dark's sake" than just exploring dark themes because they're interesting.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2020 07:59 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

that depends on how you perceive what you feel dark means to you. discovery takes liberties because of the unexplored time period. picard , imo isn't dark for dark's sake.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2020 09:47 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Maybe I should watch the new ones. I’ve always had trouble getting into the older series. Maybe it’s because I don’t find the light hearted tone particularly compelling. Might like these new ones more.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2020 07:23 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Maybe I should watch the new ones. I’ve always had trouble getting into the older series. Maybe it’s because I don’t find the light hearted tone particularly compelling. Might like these new ones more.

let us know what you think

Old Post Sep 4th, 2020 08:10 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Season 3 Trailer:

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 09:10 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by -Pr-
Season 3 Trailer:

looks............. looks........... looks,,,,,,,

Old Post Sep 9th, 2020 12:30 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

...Like more of the same, I think. So if you liked previous seasons, you'll like this one.

"The Burn" seems awfully on the ****ing nose, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 9th, 2020 06:58 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It looks...potentially intriguing?

Old Post Sep 9th, 2020 09:17 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Apparently this new show "Strange New Worlds" featuring Pike and Spock is going to be a lot more episodic in nature.

Good, that is how trek should be.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2020 04:38 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

They've made promises before, but fingers crossed.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 10th, 2020 06:39 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Surtur
Apparently this new show "Strange New Worlds" featuring Pike and Spock is going to be a lot more episodic in nature.

Good, that is how trek should be.

i just want young kirk in the first season

Old Post Sep 10th, 2020 08:45 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Eh, depending how they did it I wouldn't care if there was some brief cameo, but I want this to focus on Pike and #1 and Spock.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2020 09:15 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Surtur
Eh, depending how they did it I wouldn't care if there was some brief cameo, but I want this to focus on Pike and #1 and Spock.

no, kirk has to be in this at some point, besides anson mount is an ******* so he might get fired

Old Post Sep 11th, 2020 02:20 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I read this article that had an interesting theory about what "the burn" is. It argued that one thing that would devastated the federation is if they lost all warp capability.

So the theory is someone tried to stabilize omega molecules at a massive level and the result was a lot of destruction(7 of 9 said they could set the skies on fire) and also warps space in most of the galaxy so warp drive doesn't work.

It goes further to say that due to the spore drive the discovery will be able to circumvent any problems caused by the omega molecules when it comes to travel.

I figured it was interesting. Certainly possible.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2020 06:56 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

So, season 3 started... lol.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 16th, 2020 12:09 PM