KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Star Trek: Discovery

Star Trek: Discovery
Started by: Bashar Teg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

And all for only $10 a month!

Old Post May 19th, 2017 06:44 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Haha I forgot audiences in the States would have to subscribe to a new channel for it. That's so not gonna work out for them.

Old Post May 20th, 2017 08:35 PM
Darth Thor is online now! Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Especially if that is the only "New"content on the channel.

Fuh dat. It can wait for disk.

Old Post May 20th, 2017 08:47 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

The one thing that bothered me most about the trailer is just how... Generic, it looked. It didn't look like Star Trek bar when the Vulcans were actually on-screen, to me.

I'm not a fan of the Klink redesign, but I wasn't really expecting them to be exactly the same as before either.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post May 21st, 2017 04:00 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

So is this supposed to be in Classic TV Trek or Movie Reboot Verse? Cause the "new klinks" make me think Reboot.

Old Post May 21st, 2017 04:13 AM
-Pr-

When they started the show, the producers said it was going to be the prime universe (main timeline), but now, I dunno. My guess is that it isn't a reboot, but a reimagining. Modernise the shit out of it etc.

Just... They went a bit far.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post May 21st, 2017 05:17 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

I was never into Star Trek before the new movies; the catalog of shows just seems like a lot to jump into.

This seems like a new start, so I'll give it a try.

Old Post May 21st, 2017 06:09 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
When they started the show, the producers said it was going to be the prime universe (main timeline), but now, I dunno. My guess is that it isn't a reboot, but a reimagining. Modernise the shit out of it etc.

Just... They went a bit far.

Very far. I'm not sure why they even bothered with a prequel style series anyways.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 06:53 AM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Very far. I'm not sure why they even bothered with a prequel style series anyways.

Something something Kirk prequel era Abrams etc.

==

http://ew.com/tv/2017/06/22/star-tr...very-diversity/

So-so article in general. The thing that stuck out to me was "never been done before". Why, because an ultra-progressive future where race and gender don't matter is somehow going to be different because she's black (like Sisko?) or a woman (like Janeway?).

There is a lot that Star Trek can do, but I really dislike this attitude that the casting alone is somehow breaking new ground.

Personally, I'm more worried about her being a Mary Sue. First human ever to go to the Vulcan science academy? Yeah, that'll go well, if they follow established canon.

Which they probably won't.

Last edited by -Pr- on Jun 23rd, 2017 at 03:10 PM

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 02:58 PM
Darth Thor

First human ever to go to the Vulcan science academy? Yeah, that'll go well, if they follow established canon.

Yeah that shouldn't be possible, unless she has a genetically enhanced intellect like Dr. Bashir.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2017 04:21 PM
Darth Thor is online now! Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

New trailer:

https://streamable.com/drqpi

The un-Trekkiest Star Trek yet.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2017 02:27 AM
Flyattractor

So is that a Bad Thing then?

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2017 02:37 AM
-Pr-

Originally posted by Flyattractor
So is that a Bad Thing then?

Well... Yeah. Star Trek is supposed to BE like Star Trek.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2017 11:46 PM
Flyattractor

But how long has it been since Star Trek was "Star Trek"?

Old Post Jul 30th, 2017 04:32 AM
Surtur

How long has it been since Enterprise ended? 13 years or so? Yeah. Trek is best when they have a chance to develop the characters. It's easier to do when you have 22 40 minute episodes per season as opposed to 2 hour long movies that come every 2-3 years.

The quality of the movies is dipping though. I have tried 3 separate times to watch Star Trek Beyond. The furthest I have gotten is like an hour into it.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2017 03:42 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Surtur

The quality of the movies is dipping though. I have tried 3 separate times to watch Star Trek Beyond. The furthest I have gotten is like an hour into it.

Not surprising. It's a boring film. Reminded me of the weaker Next Gen films.

It flopped at the BO as well.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 05:55 AM
Talon Fang

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ Haha I forgot audiences in the States would have to subscribe to a new channel for it. That's so not gonna work out for them.

Were/Are they going to only make U.S "fans" pay or subscribe to the service?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 09:53 PM
Talon Fang is currently offline Click here to Send Talon Fang a Private Message Find more posts by Talon Fang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Talon Fang
Were/Are they going to only make U.S "fans" pay or subscribe to the service?

Will be available on Netflix for the rest of us. But apparently won't be available on U.S. Netflix.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2017 08:05 AM
-Pr-

Basically Enterprise. And parts of Star Trek Beyond.

==

So apparently ST: Discovery is gonna be TV-MA. I really hope this isn't Stargate Universe all over again.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 12:49 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this better be good otherwise people will pay

Thanks Steve... The Darkside of the force...

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 03:44 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote