KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » 7th Grader Forced By Teacher to Say God is Not Real

7th Grader Forced By Teacher to Say God is Not Real
Started by: Star428

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

thumb up

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Nov 5th, 2015 12:40 PM
Spawns is currently offline Click here to Send Spawns a Private Message Find more posts by Spawns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Silly, but a conversation starter (For some. For some just a reason to rant.).
The teacher was wrong in using that question. Why? Because it opens up a can of worms for no real gain.
The statement on the test IS correctly defined as an opinion, but really, you, as a teacher, want to argue this point with a kid? There's no winning there.

So teachers should be scared of the students?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 5th, 2015 01:39 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

Originally posted by Bentley

Only the white ones

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Nov 5th, 2015 01:40 PM
Spawns is currently offline Click here to Send Spawns a Private Message Find more posts by Spawns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

I'm Asatru but what thst teacher did was wrong.

Thats because youre black thor

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Nov 5th, 2015 02:10 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Silly, but a conversation starter (For some. For some just a reason to rant.).
The teacher was wrong in using that question. Why? Because it opens up a can of worms for no real gain.
The statement on the test IS correctly defined as an opinion, but really, you, as a teacher, want to argue this point with a kid? There's no winning there.

Silly test too, sure. That line about God sticks out like a sore thumb.

Doesn't mean that people aren't overreacting either, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 5th, 2015 02:12 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Bentley

Where did i say anything about being scared?
Dont project your fear of children on me, bro. stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 5th, 2015 02:34 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by -Pr-
Silly test too, sure. That line about God sticks out like a sore thumb.

Doesn't mean that people aren't overreacting either, though.

Too right.

You know, if this test were a thread, i'd say it was trolling. Maybe the teacher was just trying to stir something up.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2015 02:37 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Where did i say anything about being scared?
Dont project your fear of children on me, bro. stick out tongue

Why wouldn't a teacher want to argue something with an student? Teaching is all about challenging notions and stimulation.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 5th, 2015 02:46 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Once again, Christians cry wolf.

(please log in to view the image)

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2015 02:48 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

The God question does stick out like a sore thumb and based on how the child was raised they would most likely answer that question differently.

That's more of a question I would leave open ended for debate with older children. I would also frame it more of what can you prove vs what you believe type debate.

I would also say if he told them they would get an incorrect if they only labeled that question a certain way could be him pushing his agenda.

There is some genuine concern that parents could have here. I would be livid if that teacher told my child if they didn't answer the is god real question with a fact response they would get an incorrect. For once because it is not fact two because I could see that question being extremely stressful for a young child who has to decide whether to go against their parents or possibly get a bad grade.

I do find the overall theme of this thread funny though. Considering it is bashing a teacher for pushing their opinions on an 'impressionable' child which is exactly how religious indoctrination works.

Also I would to point out I have no problems with Christians. I have problems with Christians are hypocrites and try to force their agenda on the rest of the populace.

EDIT:
Okay I just read the title more clear. At first I thought it said 7 year old but I now I see it says 7th grader. At this point I would still have issues with the overall question in how it was presented but I think that age group should be more than up to the idea of discussing God as Faith vs Fact issues.

sig by Rao Kal El

Last edited by Newjak on Nov 5th, 2015 at 03:27 PM

Old Post Nov 5th, 2015 03:24 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Everyone literally coming up with every excuse and side reasoning here, what the teacher did was wrong.

Its sad that most here make fun of Christians, then blow their lid when they see bias against Muslims.

You are all a bunch of filthy hypocrites and you should all be ashamed of yourself.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Nov 5th, 2015 04:08 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

My thoughts exactly. Course most if not all of them are liberals which is why i didn't even bother reading their hypocritical troll responses. I knew they were just coming in here to troll, as usual.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Nov 5th, 2015 at 04:14 PM

Old Post Nov 5th, 2015 04:09 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Everyone literally coming up with every excuse and side reasoning here, what the teacher did was wrong.

Its sad that most here make fun of Christians, then blow their lid when they see bias against Muslims.

You are all a bunch of filthy hypocrites and you should all be ashamed of yourself.

Hey, it's a message board. It's supposed to be fun.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 5th, 2015 04:10 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

I agree what the teacher did was very wrong. Religion has no place in a school and you should never try convert someone of their religion. This teacher deserves to be fired for their ignorance

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Nov 5th, 2015 04:10 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

People make fun of Christians that are pushing their beliefs unto other people or trying to us their beliefs to discriminate. Most Christians are not this way but there is a vocal segment that are. As for Muslims most people blow their lid at the clear discrimination people want to push unto the average Muslim.

You need to see the difference. If you do not then this is a moot point in discussing with you.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 5th, 2015 04:11 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Star428
"It takes a special sort of coward to pick theological and philosophical battles with children. If there's a bullying problem in our schools this is it". thumb up

Very well said. It's also refreshing to see that, judging by the comments beneath article, there's still plenty of people who haven't turned their backs on God or just outright believe He's a myth as so many do on this forum. This gives me a sense of renewed hope for our country.

First off, what about the cowardice of not allowing children to make up their own minds about the world and who and what they want to believe in? Wait we must do this already, right? This is why they asked me before hand if I wanted to have a First Communion. They asked me if I wanted to go to Confession as well. They asked me if I wanted to participate in Confirmation too. Such non-cowardly people, since it would be cowardly to not give kids a choice. I am also not sure how I communicated to my parents as a baby that I wanted to be baptized, but hell I must of just hinted at it with my eyes.

Oh and dude God isn't a myth. No more then Superman or Doctor Doom are "myths". He is a fictional character.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2015 04:15 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Newjak
People make fun of Christians that are pushing their beliefs unto other people or trying to us their beliefs to discriminate. Most Christians are not this way but there is a vocal segment that are. As for Muslims most people blow their lid at the clear discrimination people want to push unto the average Muslim.

You need to see the difference. If you do not then this is a moot point in discussing with you.

Oh look at you, coming back for more? You know what are doing is wrong and now you just looking for excuses, didn't you blow your lid about the clock boy?

I bet you didn't say anything about the students in Tennessee that were forcing thir students to write down and recite "There is no God but Allah."

Every last stinking liberal here loses their shit about Christianity, but you cower in shame and bend over back wards for Muslims, and come up with every excuse under the book for any situation that comes up for them.

Pathetic, disgraceful, shameful and down right hypocritically liberal bias. I feel bad for you people, I really do. One day you will wake up and realize the people you elect to save you, don't give two shits about you.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2015 04:15 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Surtur
First off, what about the cowardice of not allowing children to make up their own minds about the world and who and what they want to believe in? Wait we must do this already, right? This is why they asked me before hand if I wanted to have a First Communion. They asked me if I wanted to go to Confession as well. They asked me if I wanted to participate in Confirmation too. Such non-cowardly people, since it would be cowardly to not give kids a choice.

Oh and dude God isn't a myth. No more then Superman or Doctor Doom are "myths". He is a fictional character.

Nobody asked me if I wanted to do communion or confirmation. I just ended up doing it.

The money was nice, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 5th, 2015 04:16 PM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Jesus McBurger
I agree what the teacher did was very wrong. Religion has no place in a school and you should never try convert someone of their religion. This teacher deserves to be fired for their ignorance

I appreciate you standing up for this matter.thumb up I believe you more now that you are not partial to religion and do not take sides.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2015 04:16 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
Nobody asked me if I wanted to do communion or confirmation. I just ended up doing it.

The money was nice, though.

That's true, the best thing my Communion did for me was get me a Super Nintendo.

I do find it funny that in the gas station down the block from my church they sell candy wafer "UFO's" made of the exact same material as communion. The only difference is color and they put sprinkles inside.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2015 04:19 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote