KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Crossguard Lightsaber

Crossguard Lightsaber
Started by: Kickballjedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

I noticed in the movie that the crossgaurd lightsaber did have a purpose as I had expected.

Ren basically presses the crossgaurd edge into Finns shoulder while there sabers were pressed against each other. Good enough for me for the practicality of it.

Also thought it was cool how the Sabers were evaporating snow during the fight scene

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 02:29 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

A few factoids about the Crossguard saber, from TVD:
http://i.imgur.com/sW56wXz.png
http://i.imgur.com/b9G4Qj3.png

In a nutshell: because the saber's kyber crystal is fractured, the purpose of the quillons is to shunt power away from the primary blade in order to help stabilize it... Kind of cool that the quillons serve a legitimate mechanical/functional purpose as well. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 2nd, 2016 at 04:14 AM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 04:09 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

That crossguard lightsaber looks like it would be horribly unbalanced. Probably heavy too, as it looks like a lump of iron.

With the crossguard, plus shape of the hilt, it would probably restrict wrist movements to the point of making deflection unfeasable. And being stuck hacking away like a meat cleaver is a huge disadvantage when a lighter, more practical weapon does exactly the same amount of damage, while allowing greater range of movement.

Not that I'm an expert on dualing, but just a few observations. It's no wonder Rey and Finn could hold him off, using that thing..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Jan 3rd, 2016 at 06:37 PM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2016 06:32 PM
Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

So, did anyone notice that Kylo did indeed use the lightsaber as a crossgaurd in TLJ......

Guess that makes his lightsaber a superalloy....

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 10:28 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mark92

It's not a cross-guard. It's exhaust. I also have a crossguard lightsaber but it was a so exhaust. We don't know why Kylo Ren is carrying this unique version of the elegant weapon for a more civilized age, but there have been plenty of theories.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2022 06:21 AM
Click here to Send mark92 a Private Message Find more posts by mark92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote