KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Mace Windu and Quinlan Vos DD vs ROTS Sidious

Mace Windu and Quinlan Vos DD vs ROTS Sidious
Started by: redpill

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Beniboybling
It was two comic panels in which we see Maul kick Aayla in the face while blocking an attack from Mace, that tells us next to nothing other than that he can contend with them.

Point.
quote:

In the end Maul fled (because yes Mace Windu is a threat to him) after Windu was caught off guard by a missile. This too tells us very little about a pair of Mandos ability to handle Mace in a straight up engagement, in which evasion would probably be involved.

Point.
quote:

All in all we can surmise next to nothing from the fight other than 1. Maul is an exceptional duelist 2. a missile blowing up in your face hurts. Nothing we didn't already know.

Point.

Glad you agree with me, Benni. cs is also making assumptions and being a total hypocrite. thumb up

Old Post Nov 14th, 2015 01:19 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Glad you agree with me, Benni. cs is also making assumptions and being a total hypocrite. thumb up

1. It's spelled Beni.
2. He actually agrees with me.
3. I made no assumptions. Your deranged opinions of it doesn't make it so.
4. Which doesn't make me a hypocrite.
5. You are all talk, no show. Can you actually do anything else than trash-talking? Even in that you aren't very good, Ant is better on his off-days.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2015 01:26 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Freshest is a great trash talker, tbh. smile

Old Post Nov 14th, 2015 01:40 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
You should really stop saying that.

1. That fight was hella short to draw any conclusion from it.
2. Maul didn't win, he exploited the intervention of the Mandos and ran away.

First do you know what point I'm even making?

1. The fight ended with Mace and Secura KO'd. Or at least lying injured and helpless. Pretty sure that's a win. Might have been a cheap shot, but it was still a win. The likelihood of Maul + 2 Mandos beating Sidious like that though is pretty low which is my point.

2. Yes Maul had the help of his 2 Mandos. I never said different.
Dooku escaped with Maul, does that mean Dooku ran away from his fight as well?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2015 01:44 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

A win? Yes. But was it due to Maul's abilities really at all? No. Mace was KO'ed by a missile blowing him up, Sidious probably wouldn't be KO'ed by that. But what does that tell us? What relevancy does that have to Windu's ability to use Vaapad in non-extenuating circumstances? None.

I agree with you're overall claim but this ABC logic is flawed imo.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2015 01:50 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by Darth Thor
First do you know what point I'm even making?

1. The fight ended with Mace and Secura KO'd. Or at least lying injured and helpless. Pretty sure that's a win. Might have been a cheap shot, but it was still a win. The likelihood of Maul + 2 Mandos beating Sidious like that though is pretty low which is my point.

If Sidious would be shot in the back with a rocket he'd feel it too. Probably he could keep going, but that proves nothing, since Aayla and Mace had to resort to their own endurance, so it doesn't equal Mace + Aalya.

quote:
2. Yes Maul had the help of his 2 Mandos. I never said different.
Dooku escaped with Maul, does that mean Dooku ran away from his fight as well?

Eh, yeah that's exactly what it means. blink

Could've Dooku beat Kenobi? Sure, but he didn't. He ran. So did Maul.

Likely Maul is not even superior to Windu. Saying that he legit beat Windu + Aalya is incorrect.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2015 01:52 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Dooku vs Anakin in AOTC and Windu vs Sidious ROTS. Shall I list the many differences in that battle? laughing out loud See the difference.

No you didn't. It explains his boost and thus makes it clear that he would never receive that boost ever again.
You still speculate and act like you know for a fact he can't use this again. That's your opinion which isn't a fact.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2015 04:34 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

You should really stop saying that.

1. That fight was hella short to draw any conclusion from it.
2. Maul didn't win, he exploited the intervention of the Mandos and ran away.
Owned him.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2015 04:38 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Make an actual argument (if you are capable of that) or stop bothering me.

ROFL @ thinking SWTOR fodder can make demands to KMC elites.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 14th, 2015 04:56 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

BTW CS, are you claiming Maul was on the losing end of the battle, hence the retreat, or naw?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 14th, 2015 05:13 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by quanchi112
Owned him.

So you agree that Mace>Maul? Good to know.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2015 05:58 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

If Sidious would be shot in the back with a rocket he'd feel it too. Probably he could keep going, but that proves nothing, since Aayla and Mace had to resort to their own endurance, so it doesn't equal Mace + Aalya.

It's actually not that easy to shoot Sidious in the back. And fighting Maul certainly isn't enough of a challenge for Sidious for him to easily be shot in that back.

Eh, yeah that's exactly what it means. blink

Could've Dooku beat Kenobi? Sure, but he didn't. He ran. So did Maul.

So you admit Dooku wasn't running specifically from Kenobi right? Good to know. Hence Maul wasn't running from Mace and Secura. Especially so since they were basically KO'd.

Likely Maul is not even superior to Windu. Saying that he legit beat Windu + Aalya is incorrect.

Who said Maul is superior to Windu?

I never said he legit beat Windu + Aalya by himself. Where are you getting that from?

I said Maul + 2 Mandos legit beat Windu + Aalya.

Whereas Sidious ripped through Maul + Opress combined.

Therefore feats support ES2's argument that Mace stalemating/defeating Sidious was a Peak performance for Windu. Because looking at their respective battles against Maul & Co., Windu's clearly not as Powerful a Combatant as Sidious (normally).

Last edited by Darth Thor on Nov 14th, 2015 at 11:42 AM

Old Post Nov 14th, 2015 11:35 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Beniboybling
A win? Yes. But was it due to Maul's abilities really at all? No. Mace was KO'ed by a missile blowing him up, Sidious probably wouldn't be KO'ed by that. But what does that tell us? What relevancy does that have to Windu's ability to use Vaapad in non-extenuating circumstances? None.

I agree with you're overall claim but this ABC logic is flawed imo.

Sidious wouldn't even get hit by that. His Pre-Cog, Speed and Agility is just too good, and battling Maul really isn't such a big distraction for him to get hit by such a shot.

By the way how did Maul know to leap away from the shot? Because it seems his soldier shouted at him to move, so that should have given Aalya and Windu the same warning Maul got. Only difference was they were aiming at the Jedi, not at Maul.

Hence Maul + his 2 Mandos legit best Windu + Secura honestly.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2015 11:41 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Sidious wouldn't even get hit by that. His Pre-Cog, Speed and Agility is just too good, and battling Maul really isn't such a big distraction for him to get hit by such a shot.
What your argument essentially boils down to though is that Windu - in general - doesn't show Sidious-tier Force ability outside of his final duel. I think we all know that, but I think we also know that Windu isn't applying Vaapad when say, getting blown up.
quote:
By the way how did Maul know to leap away from the shot? Because it seems his soldier shouted at him to move, so that should have given Aalya and Windu the same warning Maul got. Only difference was they were aiming at the Jedi, not at Maul.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...+mace+aayla.jpg

So yes essentially, and though I feel it equally irrelevant, as Maul's soldiers we should expect him to be more coordinated and aware of their actions/presence than the Jedi.

Fact is though Windu has demonstrated more than enough speed, precog and agility to be capable of evading such an attack.

Last edited by Beniboybling on Nov 14th, 2015 at 12:56 PM

Old Post Nov 14th, 2015 12:54 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

So you agree that Mace>Maul? Good to know.
I have always been of that opinion despite Maul being my favorite character. I'm objective and don't just side with who I like more. I always go with logic and the evidence.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2015 03:19 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

The amount of irony in that statement would make Mars blush.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2015 04:00 PM
Deronn Solo
King Yami

KEK.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2015 04:10 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

The amount of irony in that statement would make Mars blush.
I just proved I'm not biased. You should try it sometime.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2015 04:19 AM