KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Blizzard's Overwatch

Blizzard's Overwatch
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
Lucio is too good because he has more utility than any other support.

He has:
- decent damage for a support with his main gun
- A knockback on his secondary fire
- A speed buff aura and a healing aura on a toggle, sharing one ability
- The ability to increase the effectiveness of those auras
- Very solid mobility for a support
- The highest survivability for a support
- A huge team-wide shield buff with his ultimate that makes trying to team fight his team nearly impossible

He's just a champion who has no real weaknesses for his class, and quite a few strengths.

He's not as bad as McCree because there is at least more value in picking other supports like Mercy or, depending on the situation, Symmetra (though I'd want to have a healer on my team if Symmetra was there regardless), but it's a matter of his kit being inherently powerful.

The weakness of playing Lucio is having to play as Lucio though and putting up with his shit design and character.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2016 01:43 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Originally posted by Nephthys
The weakness of playing Lucio is having to play as Lucio though and putting up with his shit design and character.

lmao get a load of this guy.

Howdy!

Old Post Jun 8th, 2016 03:50 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Source: Bastion main

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jun 8th, 2016 03:57 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

So what about them loot boxes? I find Bastion boring and yet the game felt like giving me all of bastion's legendary skins... -___-

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jun 8th, 2016 05:18 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Inhuman
Just cause I dont run with L33t MLG pre made groups doesnt mean im a shitter kek.

No, I just get the impression that you're a shitter from your opinions about the game. But that's okay, I am also a shitter, and because I am intelligent enough to realize that my subjective game experience does not mean anything when talking about balance, me shitting on McCrees does not factor into the discussion.

quote:
Maybe I am though but he certainly doesnt bother me enough to join all the nerf fegs crying about him.

Whether or not he subjectively bothers you or me doesn't even begin to factor into the game when talking about game balance.

Junkrat is probably my personally most hated hero, but I recognize that he isn't overpowered and doesn't need nerfs.

I play McCree more than any offense but my main man Genji, but I recognize he needs nerfs.

quote:
If they nerf him great. No biggie. If they dont then he will be a minor nuisance to those that can counter him most of the time besides the lucky 1 or 2 sneaky flash bang kills he gets on me.

If you don't mind him being nerfed, why are you arguing that he isn't overpowered? Is this some way for you to stroke your own dick on the forum?

You are aware that your anecdotal evidence means less than dick, right? You understand that it serves no purpose in an objective discussion on the game's balance, right?

You don't play at a high enough level to encounter good McCrees. Your own ability to counter bad McCrees is as irrelevant as mine is when faced with the fact that he is the best offense hero by a wide margin.

quote:
Funny I seen some f@gs try to go 5 McCrees one time and my team went all Winston besides me and we totally wrecked the McCrees.
1 Bastion ( even though its a shit tactic) was enough to stop the MCrees as well in the last point.

Whoa now, McCree being too strong doesn't imply that he is so strong he doesn't need any other kind of class on his team. You still need a support or two and a tank or two.

quote:
And yes his ULT is shit when youre playing with non-Noobs.

You don't play with non-noobs.

quote:
When you have all 12 players wreking shit in the last capture point and both teams are @ 99% and its overtime. McCrees ult is useless. he gets destroyed in seconds when everyone hears "Its High Noon".

Now imagine there is a Reinhardt shielding him.

Whoa, suddenly you can't just snipe him as Widowmaker, huh?

Now, he isn't guaranteed to kill your team, but it is a solid zoning tool as well. It is by no means the best ultimate in the game (I think that honor goes to Lucio), but it's not as bad as, say, D.Va's.

quote:
Only effective McCree is the one hiding waiting for opportunities.

No, you're wrong, and I don't know why you think your opinion as a shitter is more valuable than players many times better than you. If he were so easy to counter he wouldn't be the most-used hero in professional play by a wide margin.

quote:
Either waiting to surprise with his flash bang or hiding and shooting his left click from afar.

He doesn't need to catch you off guard with flash bang. Zarya is the only hero who can 100% counter it without any chance of counter play on the part of McCree, using her shield.

quote:
Which means he isnt contributing to the objective.

Why can't he just flash bang people who try to contest the objective? He can.

quote:
Im not saying he is not powerful, he is. But he can be countered just like every other character in the game. I think he may need some tweaks but I dont think he is broken to the point of the massive whining going on about him.

Massive whining? I just acknowledge that he is factually too strong, and needs nerfs so that he isn't clearly a step or two above the other heroes in his class.

quote:
Almost always if a McCree gets 1 flash bang hammer kill on them they start whining about it all game. Its like MCcree isnt suppose to kill them not even once, let alone with his flash bang.lol. Because that is just too much and he is soo overpowered because he got 1 lucky flash bang shit on them.

A good McCree wouldn't need to get lucky to do it. It's not exactly the hardest combo of abilities to use.

quote:
Hanzo actually merits a nerf to the arrow hit boxes. So many videos pointing this out. Where people are behind a wall and he still kills then with a regular (non burst) arrow by shooting the corner of the doorway.

I actually wasn't aware of this, but apparently this is an intentional design choice. thumb up

Projectiles have larger hit boxes.

Anyway, Hanzo isn't very good, so he doesn't need nerfs at all.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2016 09:35 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Zack Fair
So what about them loot boxes? I find Bastion boring and yet the game felt like giving me all of bastion's legendary skins... -___-
I got Safari Winston once. Felt good man.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2016 09:35 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I got Okami Hanzo and more recently one of the legendaries for Widowmaker. Just wish I could rack up the in-game currency a little faster so I could more quickly buy most of the sprays instead of getting them as new in loot.

Yeah, when testing McCree out again after seeing the talk about him here, came to realize he's a lot more powerful in most situations than previously conceived. erm

Old Post Jun 8th, 2016 09:49 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

I have gotten no legendaries

Lots of sprays though smile

Howdy!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2016 12:01 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

No, I just get the impression that you're a shitter from your opinions about the game. But that's okay, I am also a shitter, and because I am intelligent enough to realize that my subjective game experience does not mean anything when talking about balance, me shitting on McCrees does not factor into the discussion.
Whether or not he subjectively bothers you or me doesn't even begin to factor into the game when talking about game balance.
Junkrat is probably my personally most hated hero, but I recognize that he isn't overpowered and doesn't need nerfs.
I play McCree more than any offense but my main man Genji, but I recognize he needs nerfs.
If you don't mind him being nerfed, why are you arguing that he isn't overpowered? Is this some way for you to stroke your own dick on the forum?
You are aware that your anecdotal evidence means less than dick, right? You understand that it serves no purpose in an objective discussion on the game's balance, right?
You don't play at a high enough level to encounter good McCrees. Your own ability to counter bad McCrees is as irrelevant as mine is when faced with the fact that he is the best offense hero by a wide margin.
Whoa now, McCree being too strong doesn't imply that he is so strong he doesn't need any other kind of class on his team. You still need a support or two and a tank or two.
You don't play with non-noobs.
Now imagine there is a Reinhardt shielding him.
Whoa, suddenly you can't just snipe him as Widowmaker, huh?
Now, he isn't guaranteed to kill your team, but it is a solid zoning tool as well. It is by no means the best ultimate in the game (I think that honor goes to Lucio), but it's not as bad as, say, D.Va's.
No, you're wrong, and I don't know why you think your opinion as a shitter is more valuable than players many times better than you. If he were so easy to counter he wouldn't be the most-used hero in professional play by a wide margin.
He doesn't need to catch you off guard with flash bang. Zarya is the only hero who can 100% counter it without any chance of counter play on the part of McCree, using her shield.
Why can't he just flash bang people who try to contest the objective? He can.
Massive whining? I just acknowledge that he is factually too strong, and needs nerfs so that he isn't clearly a step or two above the other heroes in his class.
A good McCree wouldn't need to get lucky to do it. It's not exactly the hardest combo of abilities to use.
I actually wasn't aware of this, but apparently this is an intentional design choice. thumb up
Projectiles have larger hit boxes.
Anyway, Hanzo isn't very good, so he doesn't need nerfs at all.

We both are most likely shitters of the highest order.
We are both in agreement on McCree just that we have different views as to why he needs a nerf. Not a big deal to me but whatevs.
So instead of acting like some hardheaded f@ggots lets just leave it at that.
All im saying is that the nerf cries are loudest with him and I hope that the other players that need tweaks dont get ignored because of how much people are bitching about him.

No surprise people are also bitching about Widowmaker. Every fuqing FPS game were there is a sniper class , you hear people moaning sniper nerf.

Also im not saying Hanzo is good but this kinda shit is infuriating in game when it happens.
Fuq Hanzo tbh F@m

http://webmshare.com/ov8Bn

Originally posted by Zack Fair

The only good skins ive got was the Lucio Ribbit skin, Reaper Mariachi and the Pharah Anubis skin and Anubis isnt even legendary skin.

The rest is useless sprays and things for characters I dont main.

Originally posted by Tzeentch
The arrows don't have a large hit-box, and his arrows aren't the only weapons in the game that interact with targets that way.

All characters in the game have larger headshot hitboxes when hit by projectile weapons, and smaller headshot hit-boxes when hit by hitscan weapons. This is a deliberate balance design made by Blizzard, to compensate for hitscan weapons having no travel-time compared to projectile weapons, which do.

Then they need to fix this issue. Even though they may think its not an issue. At least make the hitboxes a bit smaller. Not just Hanzo but with whatever character has this hitbox issue.
Your vid even shows arrows stuck in the air next to the barrel. Thats just dumb.
Check out the link I posted of getting headshoted even though your hiding inside a building.
http://webmshare.com/ov8Bn

Last edited by Inhuman on Jun 9th, 2016 at 12:54 AM

Old Post Jun 9th, 2016 12:41 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

My favorites are Mcree, Reaper, Genji and Widowmaker.

Genji is fun to play as but getting used to his playstyle is tough.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 9th, 2016 12:37 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Kind of sucks WM will get nerfed -_-

BBies man.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2016 08:35 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

What the heck do people expect when they get hit by a sniper? So stupid.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2016 08:44 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I play on PS4 so there is a chance WM won't get nerfed there since Blizzard did say they would balance consoles and PC differently.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2016 10:31 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Inhuman
We both are most likely shitters of the highest order.
We are both in agreement on McCree just that we have different views as to why he needs a nerf. Not a big deal to me but whatevs.
So instead of acting like some hardheaded f@ggots lets just leave it at that.
All im saying is that the nerf cries are loudest with him and I hope that the other players that need tweaks dont get ignored because of how much people are bitching about him.

I would agree. In particular I hope that D.Va gets a buff or two, since right now she is probably the worst tank. She provides so little to her team.

quote:
No surprise people are also bitching about Widowmaker. Every fuqing FPS game were there is a sniper class , you hear people moaning sniper nerf.

Idk why Widowmaker is apparently too strong. I suck far too hard with her to say.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 10:29 AM
NemeBro

Why do you have such awful shit taste?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 10:30 AM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

So with all this talk about buffs and nerfs, does anyone here actually know when the updates will drop?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 03:49 PM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I would agree. In particular I hope that D.Va gets a buff or two, since right now she is probably the worst tank. She provides so little to her team.

Idk why Widowmaker is apparently too strong. I suck far too hard with her to say.

They said they would give her a buff, but nothing about buffing her damage or hit points.

I think they should buff her criticals hit box.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 03:56 PM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

I honestly don't see why Widowmaker would need nerfed. The only real problem you could have with her isn't a mechanical one, but rather that which is simply characteristic of snipers in general (the obvious)...

...that's why you play as Winston. big grin

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 05:52 PM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

One thing that "just bugs me" is the meme of D.Va drinking Mountain Dew and eating Dorito's. It just annoys me, she's ****ing Korean you twits they don't have that shit over there, they have tons of unique local junk food. It's another case of nerds having no perception of things outside their own experience, like how Peridot in Steven Universe is a dorito as well despite looking nothing like one at all because shitty nerds are only aware of the crap they shovel into their stupid fat neckbeard mouths and can't see anything beyond that. Shes a ****ing angry slice of pie, they even say it on the goddamn mother****ing show! I hate the internet so much!

That just bothers me a little.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 09:21 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

^ Nerd.

Widow Maker's problem is people being salty crybabies tHat scream OP wHenever a skilled player owns tHem.

Now I'm not saying all WMakers are skilled, but tHat skill scales a lot witH her and a really good Widow Maker is a force to be reckoned with. Then you have the majority of Widow Makers who suck with her and are simply wasting a slot. So if I were Blizzard I'd be really careful approaching any rebalance regarding her.

Its just a case of good snipers being a pain in the ass like in every single game.

My 2 cents anyway.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2016 11:05 PM