KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Blizzard's Overwatch

Blizzard's Overwatch
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
One thing that "just bugs me" is the meme of D.Va drinking Mountain Dew and eating Dorito's. It just annoys me, she's ****ing Korean you twits they don't have that shit over there, they have tons of unique local junk food. It's another case of nerds having no perception of things outside their own experience, like how Peridot in Steven Universe is a dorito as well despite looking nothing like one at all because shitty nerds are only aware of the crap they shovel into their stupid fat neckbeard mouths and can't see anything beyond that. Shes a ****ing angry slice of pie, they even say it on the goddamn mother****ing show! I hate the internet so much!

That just bothers me a little.
What a ****ing ******

Old Post Jun 11th, 2016 01:00 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Zack Fair
^ Nerd.

Widow Maker's problem is people being salty crybabies tHat scream OP wHenever a skilled player owns tHem.

Now I'm not saying all WMakers are skilled, but tHat skill scales a lot witH her and a really good Widow Maker is a force to be reckoned with. Then you have the majority of Widow Makers who suck with her and are simply wasting a slot. So if I were Blizzard I'd be really careful approaching any rebalance regarding her.

Its just a case of good snipers being a pain in the ass like in every single game.

My 2 cents anyway.
She is one of the most picked characters in competitive though.

I don't really know why that is in particular.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2016 01:00 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

I don't think Widowmaker needs nerfing. She's bullet fodder for someone capable of getting close to her. If only there were some characters capable of flanking!?

People will just mope if there is a character that counters theirs. Simple enough.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 03:01 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

One thing that "just bugs me" is the meme of D.Va drinking Mountain Dew and eating Dorito's. It just annoys me, she's ****ing Korean you twits they don't have that shit over there, they have tons of unique local junk food. It's another case of nerds having no perception of things outside their own experience,

(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 06:43 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

I've realized I can't stand playing with strangers. The game itself is fun but I get so frustrated with poor team dynamics.

I'm addicted to this and can't stop playing.

Hooked on Soldier, Genji, Mcree, Winston.

I have a reinhardt on my go to team that is surprisingly aggressive, but he keeps throwing shield down and moving sporadically - which doesn't help the people actually BEHIND the shield.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 14th, 2016 01:00 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

One thing that "just bugs me" is the meme of D.Va drinking Mountain Dew and eating Dorito's. It just annoys me, she's ****ing Korean you twits they don't have that shit over there, they have tons of unique local junk food. It's another case of nerds having no perception of things outside their own experience, like how Peridot in Steven Universe is a dorito as well despite looking nothing like one at all because shitty nerds are only aware of the crap they shovel into their stupid fat neckbeard mouths and can't see anything beyond that. Shes a ****ing angry slice of pie, they even say it on the goddamn mother****ing show! I hate the internet so much!

That just bothers me a little.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/doritos-mountain-dew

educate yourself nerd

Howdy!

Old Post Jun 15th, 2016 01:58 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Quincy
I don't think Widowmaker needs nerfing. She's bullet fodder for someone capable of getting close to her. If only there were some characters capable of flanking!?

People will just mope if there is a character that counters theirs. Simple enough.
problem people were finding is getting close to her with any decent team is impossible. Winston is supposed to be a counter as well but by the time he gets to her he has already lost a good chunk of her health meaning she just has to clean up.

She is squishy but the only people able to take advantage of that most of the time were other snipers.

I think there are more annoying characters but I can degree why they did this. Widowmaker could make or break games on her own.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 15th, 2016 01:20 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

So the patch itself changed the rapidity of her scope animation and her damage output. That seems pretty fair. More Mcree nerfing though too it seems

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 15th, 2016 02:38 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

So the patch itself changed the rapidity of her scope animation and her damage output. That seems pretty fair. More Mcree nerfing though too it seems
Yeah they apparently needed his fan the hammer damage

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 15th, 2016 03:36 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

I guess that makes sense, he was a real tank killer. To the point that I thought that was his actual role.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 15th, 2016 04:25 PM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Originally posted by Newjak
Winston is supposed to be a counter as well but by the time he gets to her he has already lost a good chunk of her health meaning she just has to clean up.

This probably doesn't mean much, but for what it's worth, I've literally never had this problem.

That said, I'm glad they were at least reasonable about her nerfs. She still does the same amount of headshot damage, which I think is fair. She mostly just had some mild bodyshot and scope frequency adjustments.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2016 05:50 PM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

You guys playing on console or PC?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 15th, 2016 07:25 PM
NemeBro

Now that Zenyatta can't be casually one-shot by a body shot from a full power Widowmaker scoped shot he has no counter. No one will be able to stop him.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2016 07:26 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Synthetics will always surpass and overthrow Organics.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2016 07:28 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Mad respect to all the Zenyatta players out there

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 16th, 2016 12:05 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Pc

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 16th, 2016 03:40 PM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

You guys playing on console or PC?

Console. I don't haz PC.

Mad respect to all the Zenyatta players out there

Thanks. big grin thumb up

Old Post Jun 16th, 2016 04:56 PM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Kinda already not liking Widowmaker's nerf. Sniping doesn't have as much a kick to it anymore unless you happen to make headshots. She's still viable enough to use though, so could've been worse.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2016 05:16 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Gotta get them headshots

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 16th, 2016 06:27 PM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Forgive me if I'm speaking out of turn for lack of Widowmaker play, but isn't that kind of the point to playing a sniper; to quickly kill from afar with precision and efficiency?

If you ask me, I feel like snipers are quintessentially meant to strive for headshots (or other immediately lethal methods) in most cases, so I can't help but suspect that she was originally intended to be designed with that in mind. When you can just as easily fill an enemy with half a mag in the space of two seconds to get the same amount of work done, there's little incentive left to be precise or efficient, which I think is what Blizzard (as well as some of the community) saw as a problem.

Plus, her tagline, "one shot, one kill," doesn't really fit in that case.

Personally, I never had a problem with her or McCree to begin with (this coming from a Zenyatta main), but from what I gather about them, I feel like the changes are at least somewhat reasonable and well-intended, which I'm glad for.

Last edited by Etherean Fire on Jun 16th, 2016 at 07:26 PM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2016 07:21 PM