KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Blizzard's Overwatch

Blizzard's Overwatch
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Inhuman
Are you saying you are OK with Hanzo being able to kill people that are behind cover, inside buildings away from his line of sight with his bullshit arrows?
And I do blame Blizzard for not fixing this broken character yet.

Yep, because otherwise there would be no reason to play him.

quote:
I have no issue getting headshoted by Torbjorn's left click. That is a projectile, NOT a hitscan weapon. And it doesn't have the huge retarded hit boxes like Hanzos arrows do.

No, you are 100% wrong here. Hanzo's hitboxes are not some special snowflake exception compared to the other projectile weapons. They all have the same headshot hitbox.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2016 05:35 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Wait that gif was nonsense. Can any other character do that?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 27th, 2016 12:12 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

All projectile weapons have a bigger hitbox than the hitscan ones, But Hanzos hitboxes are bigger than the rest of the projectile weapons.

Ive tested with Torbjorn left click vs. Hanzos arrows in the training room. The horizontal distance of me shooting empty air and still getting headshots was greater with Hanzos arrows than with Torbjorn's projectiles.

Its funny some are ok playing a broken character , yet their cries were the loudest about McCree and Widowmaker.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2016 06:29 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Messed up

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 27th, 2016 06:35 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Inhuman
All projectile weapons have a bigger hitbox than the hitscan ones, But Hanzos hitboxes are bigger than the rest of the projectile weapons.

No, they're not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBUPc8EZOtk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l1gg8ffDv0

On the second video, compare Genji's shot at the very start to Hanzo's 11 minutes in.

quote:
Ive tested with Torbjorn left click vs. Hanzos arrows in the training room. The horizontal distance of me shooting empty air and still getting headshots was greater with Hanzos arrows than with Torbjorn's projectiles.

No it wasn't, you're just really biased so you imagined some larger hitbox with Hanzo.

Do you think that Blizzard just arbitrarily decided to program Hanzo's arrow hitboxes different from every other weapon?

quote:
Its funny some are ok playing a broken character , yet their cries were the loudest about McCree and Widowmaker.

Because both of those characters were actually overpowered when used by players who knew what they were doing, and Hanzo wasn't and isn't. Do you understand the difference?

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 01:42 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

hero stacking drive anyone else crazy?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 01:41 PM
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Originally posted by Quincy

If Torbjorn, yes, because people treat it as some bullshit universally perfect strategy (it barely qualifies as a f**king strategy, by the way), and there's basically no answer to it as of yet to prove them wrong.

If anyone else, I just consider it hilarious (just as I originally did with Torb until it caught on).

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 02:22 PM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

On my team yes, because you have some idiots saying "DUDE! LET'S DO A TEAM OF SYMMETRA'S! I'M SURE THEY WON'T PICK HEROES LIKE D.VA, WINSTON, OR PHARAH TO SHIT ON OUR STUPID CHEESE STRAT".

On the enemy team not really. It's easy to handle (with one exception, which I will go over in a moment) for the most part. Was against a full team of Reinhardts yesterday. I just played Pharah and bombed them from above when they could do basically jack shit to me.

The one exception is indeed a strategy that involves stacking Torbjorn, but only on the Volskaya Industries map. This map's design just lends itself absurdly well to stacking turret heroes like Torb or Bastion, and to be honest I don't actually know how to counter it with anything resembling consistency.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 08:22 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

When everyone picks Torbjorn/Bastion at Watchpoint Gibraltar. Everyone always goes for that stupid stack as a last line of defense every time they're losing to the team moving the payload.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 11:55 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

There is something so rewarding about beating a team that tries to gamebreak by all utilizing the same hero, or the majority of the team as one person.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 29th, 2016 12:16 PM
Quincy
Debaser

Is there any hero that you guys feel is truly overpowered? For awhile I thought Bastion was (Mainly because of teams that would stack Bastions) but Genji can literally tear through him like paper.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 02:30 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Junkrat stands out to me as the most overpowered class currently, purely in the context of "skill vs results". No other character can rack up kills without even having to really aim with as much consistency.

That said, I don't think he's problematic to the point where adjustments need to be made. Like Bastion he's strong but has counter-play, and unlike pre-nerf McCree his kit doesn't really allow him to stray outside of his niche.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 1st, 2016 05:16 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Mercy's Ult is OP, charges way to fast for being the best game changer in the game.

Junkrat is fine. He has many counters. Plus most people play him like retards.
There are a few than know how to play him and give the impression he is OP, but he isnt.

Last edited by Inhuman on Jul 1st, 2016 at 06:55 AM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2016 06:41 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Ran into a team of assholes using the Symmetra Glitch in Dorado. For only the second time, but I think they mainly used it because my team crushed them before the first checkpoint in the first round and they did it out of salt.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jul 1st, 2016 12:30 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

It never fails that when teams are getting their shit pushed in they always switch to Bastion and have a Reinhardt in front of him protecting him.

Competitive play is pretty much "Use any cheap tactic and/or exploit to get the win to raise your rank".

Last edited by Inhuman on Jul 1st, 2016 at 06:34 PM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2016 06:31 PM
NemeBro

Is there any hero that you guys feel is truly overpowered? For awhile I thought Bastion was (Mainly because of teams that would stack Bastions) but Genji can literally tear through him like paper.
Right now?

Mercy is the only character I might single out as being truly too strong. A good Mercy whose team doesn't throw her to the enemy Reaper is very hard to kill and has arguably the best ultimate in the game, which takes no time to charge.

I don't know if I'd say she warrants nerfs like McCree or Widowmaker did, but she's probably the best hero right now.

A more interesting question is which heroes are underpowered right now?

When I think of heroes that are too weak I think of mostly D.Va. She should be the tankiest hero in the game, but in practice she folds like a house of cards under fire because of her ****ing enormous headshot hitbox. She has to remain basically stationary to use her guns (which are useless beyond close range), and her ultimate might honestly be the worst ultimate in the game. A Reinhardt can negate it for his entire team with a basic ability, and the ultimate itself is hugely telegraphed.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2016 10:37 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Competitive play is proving to be a joke. Wanna rank up fast? Stack some heroes because fair balance is dead. I was hoping Blizzard would've gotten rid of that bullshit specifically in that mode but no. If you wanna get anywhere close to being high tier and unlock that golden gun for your character, you better get in there with three Winstons and Torbjorns!

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jul 4th, 2016 at 12:11 AM

Old Post Jul 4th, 2016 12:07 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Well it's only season one, I'm sure they are going to work out the kinks.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jul 5th, 2016 01:25 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Hopefully... Whether I win or lose, dealing with stacking in competitive is much more troublesome than in quick play, with how much more desperate teams/players are to win because of the benefits.

#stackwatch

Old Post Jul 5th, 2016 05:15 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

stacking is stupid. people will drop ow because of it.

#oversalt

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Jul 7th, 2016 at 10:24 AM

Old Post Jul 7th, 2016 10:19 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote