KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » RoTS Obi Wan runs a gauntlet

RoTS Obi Wan runs a gauntlet
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Shaak Ti wasn't amped because Marek shifted the balance again, cuz any presence can do that. Duh.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2015 10:26 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Well, since it immediately turned Dark when she passed, one could argue she was hindered due to the containing of a Planet's worth of Dark Side Energies (please log in to view the image)

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2015 10:38 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

thumb up

Old Post Nov 16th, 2015 10:39 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

So Sidious was hindered by maintaining imbalance in the Force across the galaxy?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2015 10:43 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Nah. The Force just surrendered like a cheap whore. It's not the same.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2015 10:46 PM
cs_zoltan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Nope:

A vergence is a place where the Force concentrates like a whirlpool in a flowing river. That place may be a small cave or an entire planet where light and dark constantly vie for surpremacy.

One lesser known vergence that Nexus of Power introduces to Force and Destiny is the Wellspring of Life, a type of legendary, light side vergence that can only be found with the Force as your guide.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/...nexus-of-power/

Shaak Ti was amped confirmed. (please log in to view the image)

1. It depends how you treat Legend and Canon sources. Since that is a new Canon sourcebook. Yet Legend is full of Force Nexuses that logically should be Light Side, yet they aren't. Such as the Pool of Knowledge, and the Sacred Spire.

The Dark Side was strong on Felucia, and Shaak Ti was a beacon in that Darkness
—The Force Unleashed Graphic Novel

Shaak Ti being weakened confirmed(please log in to view the image)

Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
I was always under the impression that THE VALLEY OF THE JEDI was pretty close. wink

Felucia didn't Shaak use Kinatite on that planet, an ability not even Darth Vader could use without being close to a force boosting artifact. So yea there are light side nexus as well as Dark Side. Most likely aren't as well known, but still.

Also Dooku and Vos are greater than Ti and Galen in terms of deuling. So yes I see Vos taking Galen down with his blade, so I'm not seeing your point.

How could the Valley of the Jedi be a Light Side Nexus when Jerec used it? confused

Vader couldn't use Kinetite, because he can't use lightning.

Dooku is a better duelist than Galen, no doubt. But Galen has superior force feats, even that early.

Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Sidious caused an imbalance by massacring thousands and performing Rituals.

It was Shaak's will that kept Felucia in balance, and her battle meditation of the Felucian race (please log in to view the image)

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Nah. The Force just surrendered like a cheap whore. It's not the same.
It didn't put up much of a fight no, but as soon as Palpatine died the dark side undeniable receded, so clearly he was holding back something.

Surely, by this logic, that would have demanded a degree of exertion? A cheap whore isn't going to plough herself. thumb up
Originally posted by Selenial
Sidious caused an imbalance by massacring thousands and performing Rituals.

It was Shaak's will that kept Felucia in balance, and her battle meditation of the Felucian race (please log in to view the image)
So his power and presence in the Force had nothing to do with it? Strange that it would all be undone by his death then.

Last edited by Beniboybling on Nov 16th, 2015 at 10:51 PM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2015 10:49 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Nope. He ignored it because he got what he wanted from it.

As for what cs said, and because the quote function isn't working again, it's a source about a legends nexus, calling it a light side nexus. Just admit you're wrong and move on.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2015 10:53 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Kek, all joking aside, even if Light Side Nexuses exist now (which is retarded, given the very nature of Light vs Dark) it doesn't mean she was amped. I fail to see how someone whose maintaining a Nexus can draw upon it at the same time. Even if you argue she was influencing the Felucians as some people here do, surely doing such while fighting offsets any potential nexus...

Old Post Nov 16th, 2015 10:55 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

quote:
1. It depends how you treat Legend and Canon sources. Since that is a new Canon sourcebook. Yet Legend is full of Force Nexuses that logically should be Light Side, yet they aren't. Such as the Pool of Knowledge, and the Sacred Spire.
It was originally Legends then made Canon, and as a result, blends the two. As for the rest, that's your opinion Manneus, seem like light side nexuses to me. Which makes perfect sense considering the Ying/Yang nature of the Force.

@Sel Palpatine maintained a DS nexus on Byss and benefited from it. Its a reciprocal relationship, you put power in, it gives more back. thumb up

Old Post Nov 16th, 2015 10:57 PM
cs_zoltan

Kek, all joking aside, even if Light Side Nexuses exist now (which is retarded, given the very nature of Light vs Dark) it doesn't mean she was amped. I fail to see how someone whose maintaining a Nexus can draw upon it at the same time. Even if you argue she was influencing the Felucians as some people here do, surely doing such while fighting offsets any potential nexus...

Pretty much. DE Sidious was a DS Nexus, doesn't mean he could draw power from himself. That's just asinine.
Plus Ti was multitasking with the Sarlacc and stuffz.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2015 10:57 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

@Sel Palpatine maintained a DS nexus on Byss and benefited from it. Its a reciprocal relationship, you put power in, it gives more back. thumb up

He benefited from it by Force Draining them, which in and of itself was a huge Dark Side perversion that furthered the Nexus. You can't do that with a Light Side nexus, that's not how the Light Side works.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2015 10:59 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Light Side nexus existed before. Even in TOR, Tython is noted to be a Light Side nexus. Not sure why it's so unbelievable that the Light Side just isn't the only natural form of the Force anymore. Force and Destiny definitely paints that picture.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2015 10:59 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Light Side nexus existed before. Even in TOR, Tython is noted to be a Light Side nexus. Not sure why it's so unbelievable that the Light Side just isn't the only natural form of the Force anymore. Force and Destiny definitely paints that picture.

Quote? All I've heard is the "unlike Tython, Odessen is entirely balanced" thing, which could just as easily be referring to the fact there were numerous Dark nexuses on Tython mixed in with the rest. It's not unbelievable, just confusing, since per Che publication dates don't matter when dealing with contradictions, it's an interesting change of direction.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2015 11:04 PM
cs_zoltan

As for the rest, that's your opinion Manneus, seem like light side nexuses to me.

Mhm, except, you know, how come Abeloth became something dark and covetous after using the Pool of Knowledge and the Font of Power (ds nexus)? Shouldn't they cancel each other out? Also how come Nyax could use a nexus that was in the Jedi Temple? Are you implying that the whole Jedi Order was sitting on a DS Nexus? Even though it was called a Force Nexus, so yeah...

As for Byss, quote? Causing and maintaining is not the same, brah.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2015 11:04 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

He benefited from it by Force Draining them, which in and of itself was a huge Dark Side perversion that furthered the Nexus. You can't do that with a Light Side nexus, that's not how the Light Side works.
No it's not, the DS drains life, the light side gives it.

Consider that for a moment, in terms of entire planet teeming with life forms fauna and flora alike, all now thanks to Shaak Ti's influence tipping the scales, drawing on the light side of the Force, generating light side energy. The planet would be saturated with the stuff, Marek himself says as much:

The entire jungle was alive with the Force, from the tiniest spore to the mightiest rancor, and the Felucians themselves were alive with it, too-so alive, in fact, that they tapped into the Force as naturally as humans breathed an oxygen-rich atmosphere.

And it was all at Shaak Ti's fingertips.

This is what I mean when I say a reciprocal relationship, Shaak Ti helped the light side win the war on Felucia, and to the victor goes the spoils. And of course let's not ignore the fact that Marek would have likewise had his powers stifled while in enemy territory.

#AhsokaForMostPowerfulTogruta thumb up

Old Post Nov 16th, 2015 11:10 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Watching Zoltan and Beni discussing SW concepts is like listening through https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C4uTEEOJlM&t=0m04s

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 16th, 2015 11:12 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Mhm, except, you know, how come Abeloth became something dark and covetous after using the Pool of Knowledge and the Font of Power (ds nexus)? Shouldn't they cancel each other out? Also how come Nyax could use a nexus that was in the Jedi Temple? Are you implying that the whole Jedi Order was sitting on a DS Nexus? Even though it was called a Force Nexus, so yeah...
Because the dark side is dominating & corruptive. thumb up

And we are referring to the Sacred Spire, not the nexus locked away beneath the Temple, where presumably it could not be swayed.
quote:
As for Byss, quote? Causing and maintaining is not the same, brah.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...60187-19943.jpg
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Watching Zoltan and Beni discussing SW concepts is like listening through https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C4uTEEOJlM&t=0m04s
I understand that anything beyond hype and feats is beyond your comprehension but there is no need to be salty about it.

Last edited by Beniboybling on Nov 16th, 2015 at 11:17 PM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2015 11:14 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

>implies superior knowledge over how the Force works
>http://www.comicvine.com/profile/be...th-spir/105225/

(please log in to view the image)

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 16th, 2015 11:18 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote