KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Into the Badlands

Into the Badlands
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Into the Badlands

Anybody else watch this? Daniel Wu (who's been training in wushu since he was 11) makes being a badass look effortless. It is such a welcome relief seeing somebody who is an actual expert in fight scenes, instead of the usual hamfisted choreography we have to put up with in action sequences on television.

Here's hoping the story will be as good as the asskicking...

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 11:34 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I saw the trailer and it looked pretty interesting. I still haven't gotten around to checking out the first episode yet, but I definitely plan on doing so soon.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 12:23 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Lots of potential for awesome here. The fights were way over-choreographed, yet if they tone it down and get a good story going, this could be great.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 03:10 PM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I watched it and it managed to hold my interest but I didn't see anything on it that I hadn't seen before.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 05:47 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

We shouldn't expect it to be a game changer. But I think it'll be a fun action show with just enough plot to keep things interesting.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 06:01 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Pretty decent first episode. I'll definitely keep watching.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 09:00 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Pretty disappointing, probably won't get renewed.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 09:02 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Plan on watching the first ep, but I expected it to be shit from the previews and Mindset confirmed sad

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 09:12 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I dvr'd it on sunday, will watch prolly sometime on Saturday

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 09:18 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindset
Pretty disappointing, probably won't get renewed.
Sigh.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 09:28 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by quanchi112
Sigh.
I know how you feel.

We'll get through this though.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 09:47 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Mindset
I know how you feel.

We'll get through this though.
Hold me.......on skype.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 09:53 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I enjoyed the first episode for what it was... But I see this getting really old, really quick, unless the story picks up tremendously.

Sword-play can only carry a show so far.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 09:58 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

finally watched the 1st show last night.. I liked it.. I enjoy martial arts tv shws..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2015 07:32 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Those headaches really are a momentum killer for Quinn.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2015 05:42 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Well he does have an apparently inoperable brain tumor that will kill him in the next few months. But I'm glad to see Barons aren't just fat administrators who only have political power. They're all basically Regents who took control of their own territories by being the most baddest of asses around. Plus his sword is pretty baws.

Without his headaches he was just a step better than Widow, and probably would give Sunny a big run for his money before going down.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2015 05:48 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, that is what I meant. He had Widow dead to rights and she knew it too. His damn tumor headache just hit him at the absolute worst time.

I agree. Having the barons actually be the barons because they are some of the toughest SOBs around is much better than having them be a bunch of fat bastards who need other people to do everything for them.

I am almost reminded of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms with some elements of this story so far actually. But then it is still early days in terms of the plot.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2015 07:04 AM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, that is what I meant. He had Widow dead to rights and she knew it too. His damn tumor headache just hit him at the absolute worst time.

I agree. Having the barons actually be the barons because they are some of the toughest SOBs around is much better than having them be a bunch of fat bastards who need other people to do everything for them.

I am almost reminded of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms with some elements of this story so far actually. But then it is still early days in terms of the plot.

Which parts have ROTK elements?

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2015 02:04 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I like this show. I hope it gets picked up for another season.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2015 04:00 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Which parts have ROTK elements?

Well, the show feels to me like a post-apocalyptic take on Feudal era kingdoms, with the seven Barons controlling the various factions and different lands etc. Then you have Quinn's seemingly great dynasty on its last legs (like the Han dynasty), and you have the various groups of enemies and allies, squabbling to try and seize control and take advantage of the situation. Like I said, it is only very basic elements really, but it just kind of struck me as familiar when watching the first few episodes.

Of course, like I said, it is really early days for the plot, and there are plenty of elements in Into the Badlands that are most definitely NOT in ROTK.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2015 04:17 PM