KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Into the Badlands

Into the Badlands
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I am hoping Quinn is still alive. I liked him as an antagonist. He did get stabbed through the chest, but we never see him die. And when the one writer was asked about it, he just said not to make any assumptions, and that Quinn is a "survivor".

They wasted no time with that one. Not even a few episodes, they were like "**** it, Badlands without Quinn isn't Badlands."

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 03:33 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh, and Sunny only has himself to blame for the betrayal.

All he had to say was "You can come. If you can't keep up, I'm leaving you behind". Instead, he gives the finger to the one man who can out him..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 03:59 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by cdtm
They wasted no time with that one. Not even a few episodes, they were like "**** it, Badlands without Quinn isn't Badlands."

I'm glad though. Even though he is a villain, and a total dick, he is still one of my favourite characters. My only question is, how the f*** is he still alive? From what I can recall, even without the getting stabbed through the chest thing, he only had a few months to live due to the brain tumor. It's 6 months down the line, and he doesn't seem particularly worse for wear. I know Veil was giving him treatments, but she seemed convinced that it wouldn't make any difference, IIRC.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 07:16 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by cdtm
River King is why Sunny's in the mines, right?

I forget, how did it happen? Was he literally stabbed in the back or poisoned?

He got taken down by the 3 Dark Monks, and woke up on the River King's boat.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 07:22 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Dreampanther
Ho. Lee. Sheeeit. Now THAT'S how you make a freaking awesome series about martial artists who have been trained to kick your ass so hard you still feel it when you get reborn.

Are you paying attention, Iron Fist? Because boy howdy, the fighting scenes in the first episode of the new season are so great if I were the people who made Iron Fist I would literally go and beg them to teach me how to do it.

Yeah, after the overall disappointment with the Iron Fist fights, I am glad this is back on the air.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 07:29 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I'm glad though. Even though he is a villain, and a total dick, he is still one of my favourite characters. My only question is, how the f*** is he still alive? From what I can recall, even without the getting stabbed through the chest thing, he only had a few months to live due to the brain tumor. It's 6 months down the line, and he doesn't seem particularly worse for wear. I know Veil was giving him treatments, but she seemed convinced that it wouldn't make any difference, IIRC.

They just introduced chi users who can heal. I'm betting that has something to do with it.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2017 12:21 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

It seems M.K. is truly above other Dark Ones. The Master of all of them got a broken forearm blocking his punch. And she was clearly surprised at the damage.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2017 01:03 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by KingD19
It seems M.K. is truly above other Dark Ones. The Master of all of them got a broken forearm blocking his punch. And she was clearly surprised at the damage.

That's probably why she took over his training. But it makes sense. Even relatively untrained, he stomped a Baron, a Regent, and their guards, with casual ease. And even managed to oneshot-KO Sunny with a punch to the chest, when it took multiple hits from the other Dark Monks, smashing him through two solid walls, to KO him.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Mar 21st, 2017 at 05:06 AM

Old Post Mar 21st, 2017 05:03 AM
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

Season 2 out right

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 03:09 PM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
Season 2 out right

Sunday nights. Just started.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 03:10 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Will start season 2 sometime this week

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 04:23 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I actually missed a lot of season 1.

Had to see the dark monks on Youtube. They're pretty insane..

I still don't buy them holding Sunny, though. It doesn't look like they starve or torture them, and let them rest (Tired and unhealthy workers are useless workers), so yeah.. If attempt one failed, just try again.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2017 02:19 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

So does Quinn think the child is his?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 01:46 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

He knows the kid is Sunny's, but he has been trying to get his hooks into Veil since season 1. Also, Ryder is an embarrassment, so he probably thinks that this is his second chance, seeing as Sunny is seemingly out of the picture.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 07:06 PM
Arachnid1

How is this show so far? Is it worth picking up?

PWNT

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 08:31 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Arachnid1
How is this show so far? Is it worth picking up?

It's pretty entertaining. It's set in a post-apocalyptic, feudal-style world, with supernatural elements to it. And the fight choreography shits on most other shows, especially recent disappointments like Iron Fist.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2017 06:04 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Sunny once again showed why all the other Clippers fear him. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Even after being mostly inactive for 6 months, he still beat another "legendary" Clipper in combat, despite having a far inferior sword.

And Quinn is in for a nasty wake-up call at some point.

Also, I found the bit where they took that one Dark One's "gift" away interesting. It links back to what the Widow said in season 1 about how she used to be one of them.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2017 08:02 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

At the moment it's my favourite show on TV.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2017 01:33 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Its way more fun then TWD to be honest.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2017 10:42 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Agreed, awesome show.

I don't trust wheelchair guy. Usually, when something seems too good to be true, it is, and a guy like that staying loyal to anybody but himself is too good to be true.

He's just using her, if not outright setting her up.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2017 10:59 PM