KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Into the Badlands

Into the Badlands
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

I got caught up in this. Great show, though the story can be hit or miss. Awesome characters though.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Unfortunately this season killed off both Ryder and Quinn who were damn entertaining (Ryder in a love to hate kind of way). I'm not sure Widow could carry the next season as a main big bad. I love her character but she's not big bad material.

Also, I wasn't a fan of Quinns motivation. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: His fixation on a child that isn't his to the point of being willing to sacrifice every single one of his clippers and himself was horrible character motivation. He should have just killed Veil and Henry and focused on bigger things like rebuilding his empire while Sunny was thrown in as a wild card hunting him down for revenge. Waste of a great villain.

PWNT

Old Post May 24th, 2017 07:27 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Don't forget about Baiji. Damned pair of scissors.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 24th, 2017 11:11 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Unfortunately this season killed off both Ryder and Quinn who were damn entertaining (Ryder in a love to hate kind of way). I'm not sure Widow could carry the next season as a main big bad. I love her character but she's not big bad material.

Maybe the Master will make a return as well. Bajie and M.K. stirred up a lot of shit at the monastery, so she has good motivation to come after them.

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Also, I wasn't a fan of Quinns motivation. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: His fixation on a child that isn't his to the point of being willing to sacrifice every single one of his clippers and himself was horrible character motivation. He should have just killed Veil and Henry and focused on bigger things like rebuilding his empire while Sunny was thrown in as a wild card hunting him down for revenge. Waste of a great villain.

Well, to be fair, he was completely batshit insane at that point, because of the brain tumour. He also wanted to leave a legacy after what happened with Ryder (which really seemed like a tipping point where his sanity was concerned). After everything he'd worked for during his life, at one point becoming the most powerful individual in the entire Badlands, he was in danger of having absolutely nothing left to show for his life once he died. It was a combination of desperation and a fracturing mind.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on May 24th, 2017 at 12:39 PM

Old Post May 24th, 2017 12:35 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by cdtm
Don't forget about Baiji. Damned pair of scissors.

I couldn't really appreciate the gravity of it at the time, because Bajie's indignation about the scissors reminded me of this:

Old Post May 24th, 2017 12:37 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Maybe the Master will make a return as well. Bajie and M.K. stirred up a lot of shit at the monastery, so she has good motivation to come after them.

Well, to be fair, he was completely batshit insane at that point, because of the brain tumour. He also wanted to leave a legacy after what happened with Ryder (which really seemed like a tipping point where his sanity was concerned). After everything he'd worked for during his life, at one point becoming the most powerful individual in the entire Badlands, he was in danger of having absolutely nothing left to show for his life once he died. It was a combination of desperation and a fracturing mind.

Exactly.

And you ask me, Veil sent him off the deep end. It was his hallucination warning him against her that started the trip into madness.

Would he have lost it if Veil was genuinely loyal to him? Maybe.. But from her perspective, Quinn had the means to care for her kid, and seemed to genuinely want to give him the keys to the kingdom. I'm not saying give up on escaping, but there was no reason for the desperate measures she took.. She could have easily waited until her kid was old enough to, say, eat solid foods.

Instead she acted like leaving immediately was a matter of life and death, and kept pressing the issue and doing a terrible job of hiding her intentions until it TURNED INTO a matter of life and death.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 24th, 2017 01:31 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Maybe the Master will show up and Heal Quinn up and get rid of his Tumor and he can go full on SUPER VILLAIN!!!

Eh... I can dream can't I?

Old Post May 24th, 2017 06:39 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I was wondering where they were going to take this after the death of Quinn, and this looks promising:

Old Post Apr 4th, 2018 01:02 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Pilgrim and those assassin chicks that were powering through those levels of wooden floors look OP

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 4th, 2018 04:50 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

The two at around 1:08? They're Dark Ones. You can see the black eyes in some of the shots.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2018 05:06 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I wonder which faction Lewis Tan's character will be a member of. Get a good look at him at 1:58, but his outfit doesn't seem to match any of the Barons.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2018 05:09 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Tilda legit looks to be on another level this season than on the past
I wonder if she could take the Widow, yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGiB5saooHQ

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 07:36 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

It's hard to say much as of yet. After all, it looks like the Widow herself has become good enough to at least match Silver Moon.

I'm curious to see what MK can do when he gets his Dark One powers back, now that he actually has a decent bit of combat training under his belt. Even as a relative noob, he could stomp a Baron, their Regent, and their backup, while in DO mode.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Apr 12th, 2018 at 01:10 PM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 01:08 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Solid opener. Really set things up for an interesting and potentially very spectacular season. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I wonder how they are going to deal with Dark Baby Henry.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 06:39 PM
Flyattractor

I dunno if this show will be as much fun without the Baron Quinn.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 07:18 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Quinn will definitely be missed, but there was a lot shown in the season pilot that got me intrigued for the new story arc.

Like the Pilgrim, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: who seemingly led his people from Azra. As well as his two Dark One bodyguards, who look like they could actually be siblings.

I mean hell, they gave a baby super powers. And not the fun, Disney kind either. Rather the kind that makes you go into a bloodlusted rage and murder everyone around you. So, I want to see how that's going to be portrayed in this scenario.

Edit: So, the two Dark Ones are apparently called Nix and Castor, and Pilgrim's partner is described as a "sorceress and a seer" in the one character description.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Apr 24th, 2018 at 02:45 AM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 02:40 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The amount of worldbuilding in this show blows my minds. It’s a shame for the level of scenery/sets it makes and the depth of its characters, it’s. Or as popular as drek like the Walking dead. Between this Legion and Westworld it’s going to be a Great spring season

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 03:38 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Am I seeing things, or did Sunny actually tear the door off that car?

Also, interesting to note the NYC on the side. The Badlands (or at least parts of it) are maybe located where New York City used to be?

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on May 7th, 2018 at 12:54 PM

Old Post May 7th, 2018 12:47 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Tilda did her best against Silver but she was thoroughly outclassed. Imagine if she had completed her training with Sunny, 10 years she’d very easily be on their level

Old Post May 7th, 2018 01:07 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

(If) yeah I’m aware he wasn’t her original teacher

Old Post May 7th, 2018 01:07 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Also [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I can believe Nathan’s affection for Lydia. Though obviously they go back a long time, it just adds layers to his character for not wanting to betray her

Old Post May 7th, 2018 01:28 PM