KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Into the Badlands

Into the Badlands
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
That was the Master. 135-odd-year-old top dog among the Dark Ones. And she actually seems to be the only one who truly harnesses the Gift how it should be used, considering that, unlike all the others, it's notably lengthened her life instead of shortening it, she has repeatedly shown healing abilities, and her eyes turn gold instead of black when she goes into Gifted mode. And she's stated more than once that was how the Gift was actually intended to be used. Not for violence.

And Widow has always been stupid tough. Remember back in season 1 where she shook off being dropkicked through a stone wall?

Eh, you either need AMC, pirate it off a streaming/torrent site, or wait a bit for the whole season to come out on Netflix or something.

thanks Vault

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 29th, 2019 03:53 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
other than amc, where else can i watch into the badlands

Couchtuner

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 29th, 2019 06:46 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Also Widow seems to have legitimately improved [SPOILER - highlight to read]: She was forcing Sunny to retreat in their fight underneath the wooden rafter, forced his blade back after they were locked and she was downed, and disarmed him/held her blade to his throat. She legit won their fight in the marketplace

next episode looks sick

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2019 06:14 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Yeah, she improved, but let's not oversell it. Fact is, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: given the shape Sunny was in, I would have been shocked if she didn't win. He'd been beaten up by MK twice (and nearly had his skull crushed the first time), beaten up by Pilgrim (and nearly killed), beaten up by Red Lotus guys (before arriving at Pilgrim), and had a huge gash in his side and a bum leg. He was literally using a walking stick before the fight started. And he was fighting in blind rage, as visible by his expressions and attitude throughout the fight. In comparison, Widow had her injuries healed by the Master, and was shown to be fully fit while dueling Bajie earlier. So, she should be winning that fight, under those circumstances, given her other feats.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2019 04:01 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Was it just me or does it look like [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Silver Moon and her have a match next episode?

Old Post Apr 5th, 2019 09:31 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Would be kind of weird, considering he's her Regent. But stranger things have happened. I know [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the Master and Pilgrim have a showdown at some point. And based on how the last episode ended, that's probably coming soon. But unless Pilgrim has some more hax he hasn't revealed yet, the Master should kick his ass, based on current showings. Even a fully fit Sunny couldn't handle the Widow like the Master did. She schooled her like she was a child. And Pilgrim seems roughly on par with Sunny where H2H is concerned.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2019 02:54 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Did not see that coming.

The show was full of "Ohmygod! (ECW! ECW!) moments.

Judging by the previews, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Master was holding back against Pilgrim. Which makes no sense, why not just break him, remove the head, and end the threat?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2019 01:41 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Pilgrim is a punk. He [SPOILER - highlight to read]: couldn't beat the Master fairly so had to resort to his shutdown trick, which even works on her, to gain the advantage.

But that fight, along with the one against the Widow, did make it pretty clear that the Master is top dog in the Badlands in terms of pure skill. At least IMO.

I will say that Pilgrim is ridiculously strong in Dark One mode though. He straight up just plows through cinder block walls like it's cardboard.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Apr 9th, 2019 at 05:12 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2019 05:09 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Also, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: not totally sure I am buying Bajie dying there. They could still have the Widow show up right at the very last moment, at the beginning of the next episode. Admittedly, he'd need to pull a Quinn to survive that one.

But yeah, all in all, looks like this new guy, Magnus, and his crew might actually be the most dangerous threat out of them all. I mean those guys actually rock [SPOILER - highlight to read]: grenades and shit.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2019 06:02 PM
cdtm

Magnus and his crew are practically the Decepticon Justice Division from IDW Transformers.

Megatron's elite group that hunts down traitors to the Decepticon cause, and casually took down CIVILIZATION KILLERS, e.g. super duper soldiers that could chew up and spit out Optimus Prime, combiners, armies, you name it.

Magnus seems like that type. He's who the Boogey Men looks under their bed for.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2019 11:12 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Yeah, everyone who knows who they are seem terrified of them. Not to mention I recall three fodder Black Lotus guys giving Sunny some trouble during his first encounter with them, when he can normally take out three fodder in seconds.

It was crazy how laughably easily they [SPOILER - highlight to read]: took out Ankara when Sunny and them had such a hard time with her. They did mention the Black Lotus use special gear and techniques to fight Dark Ones though. And seems Magnus can turn the Gift off even faster than Pilgrim or an Abbot, with just the use of pressure points.

I will say I am disappointed by how, after a promising debut, Gaius has been getting shit on to make the girls look better. Runs after the Widow like a little puppy, needs Tilda to deal with his mother and the Widow to deal with his sister, while he performs the role of damsel in distress. At least Silver Moon (another character sorely neglected since the show's return), while not getting any fights, is getting action in other areas.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2019 02:49 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Not going to lie. This show has become quite a mess at this point. Not sure if it's the cancellation that caught them by surprise or what, but there is just too many characters, too many loose threads, too much jumping around etc, as well as characters doing 180s on issues without any real justification.

Also, MK needs to die.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 06:11 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

MK is just a little punk b×tch at this point. All he does is whine and ignore how he's worse than Sunny. Funny had no choice in killing MK's mom as Quinn would have killed him if he didn't. And he was a complete savage back then. MK has a choice in following Pilgrim and is doing it only to hurt Sunny. He didn't even know it was his mom iirc.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 06:41 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

MK is a POS. He's been one ever since he had his opium addict phase. And yeah, Sunny himself admitted that he didn't remember, but also acknowledges that he was a bad person then, who did bad things. And MK's a hypocrite to boot. He hates Sunny for making him an orphan, keeps talking about how awful Sunny is, but was happy to try and kill Sunny and leave Henry an orphan himself. Yet somehow, when it's him, he acts like he is some hero and savior.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 06:48 PM
KingD19

I want the Master or Nix or some Dark One to just...body MK into the dirt and teach him every lesson he needs. Actually, no. Even better. Sunny needs to get his gift back, and then let him be the one to teach MK a lesson.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 11:39 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Nah, MK deserves to die in some embarrassing b!tch way at this point. He doesn't deserve to go down to an important character. He's become exactly what Sunny was (little more than an attack dog who serves someone else), but he chose this path (unlike Sunny), yet acts like he is so much better than Sunny (and this is on top of the Henry thing I already mentioned). He acts like he's had it so bad, but pretty much everyone in the Badlands has had a shitty life, barring a very small handful of elites, like Juliet Chau. Even Quinn's son got kidnapped, tortured and one of his feet permanently maimed at one point, simply for being related to Quinn. Honestly, MK deserves to die by slipping and breaking his neck while going down some stairs.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 03:09 AM
KingD19

By lesson I meant with physically violent harm to his body.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 03:26 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by KingD19
By lesson I meant with physically violent harm to his body.

Okay, I can get behind that. Have someone like Sunny or Bajie etc. kick the crap out of him. And then, in his dazed state, have him slip on a banana peel, hit his head and die.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 04:04 AM
KingD19

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Okay, I can get behind that. Have someone like Sunny or Bajie etc. kick the crap out of him. And then, in his dazed state, have him slip on a banana peel, hit his head and die.

The season can only end that way.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 04:07 AM
cdtm

They just HAD to stick in heavy handed abortion and lgbt messages.

"Please, we can do this!"

"Not we. Only "I" can do this."

Must be executive meddling. "Metrics show a lot of 'X' group 'watch the show, so we'd like you to stick in nods to these social issues "

Last edited by cdtm on May 3rd, 2019 at 02:02 AM

Old Post May 3rd, 2019 01:59 AM