KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » What are Superman's Top 5 Speed Feats?

What are Superman's Top 5 Speed Feats?
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

What are Superman's Top 5 Speed Feats?

In your opinions?
Running is preferred, flight is acceptable if running cant fill out a top 5.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 20th, 2015 11:44 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Quantifible or not?

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2015 11:44 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Well, Flash is usually said to have outrun Death when posters give high end examples of how fast HE is, so, use your best judgement.
I really dont like to spell out every little detail of an OP, it takes the fun out of things for everyone IMO.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2015 11:53 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Not wanting to sound like a smart ass but I am guessing you want post crisis feats or pre crisis too or any era?

Btw the pre crisis flash races are canon to post crisis superman. They were retconed

Old Post Nov 21st, 2015 02:11 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

-sigh- laughing

Old Post Nov 21st, 2015 05:35 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

That's the problem with DC. Too many reboots and retcons.

Those were for charity, Clark.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2015 05:45 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Superman wasn't actually serious there. He was just surprised by it. It's nothing new. He does it when the less powerful whip up something nice. He even paused to marvel at Deathstroke's speed before.

Superman has chased down and caught and outran every single Flash on several occasions.

Barry himself said he believes Superman holds back the upper end of his speed, keeping himself just around his level on purpose.
Wally has said pretty much the same.

Barring speedforce related effects [time travel, dimension hop, etc], Superman is faster.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Last edited by Juntai on Dec 18th, 2015 at 01:56 AM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 01:46 AM
Juntai is online now! Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Lol

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 03:44 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
That's the problem with DC. Too many reboots and retcons.

Those were for charity, Clark.
On the other hand...

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 07:11 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

There are also showings like this, though:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Obviously I don't believe that Superman is 'only' on par with Jay, I'm just pointing out that there are contradictions/inconsistencies all over the place when it comes to Clark vs. the Flash Family. /shrug

As for Clark's *best* speed feat, I'd think something like this would be up there:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 2nd, 2016 at 01:08 AM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 01:00 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by Galan007
There are also showings like this, though:

*pics*

Obviously I don't believe that Superman is 'only' on par with Jay, I'm just pointing out that there are contradictions/inconsistencies all over the place when it comes to Clark vs. the Flash Family. /shrug
thumb up

He's somewhere between Barry/Wally [whomever is Flash at the time] and Jay.
He'll always be regarded as the main Flash rival among the heroes, though the times where he can be debated to be faster are long gone, eventough a bone is thrown from time to time, like this:

[img](please log in to view the image)[/img]
[post Flash Rebirth, too]

Which is...certainly not something to hold against him, since Wally/Barry are insane.

Last edited by Philosophía on Jan 2nd, 2016 at 11:50 AM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 11:45 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Tbf, it did look like Clark was expending a lot more effort than Flash(who was being mind-controlled at the time)... And Flash's comment at the end of the issue kind of substantiates that:

"I LET you catch me today."

Again, contradictions/inconsistencies run rampant on this topic. stick out tongue

Honestly, I believe in an all-out race, Flash would beat Clark every time. Speed is just what he does. That definitely doesn't diminish Clark, however--like you said: where heroes are concerned it has been made pretty clear that he is Flash's closest rival in terms of raw speed... Which says a lot about Clark's speed as well. thumb up

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 2nd, 2016 at 05:49 PM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 05:47 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

That can also be chalked up to Barry covering his ego.

How much control could he possibly have with his speed, since he couldn't control the fact that he was running? Even after Superman bear hugged him and lifted him off his feet, his feet were still moving, he was frantic and looked maniacal in Superman's arms.

"I let you catch me" he says, and yet he specifically came to Superman, despite there being other speedsters he could have gone to get them to take the kryptonian band off of his head, if he had a major enough control of his speed to slow down to their level.

He didn't even go to Wally, he looked all over the *world* for Clark specifically.

Then there is also that time Supes said something akin to "Wally is fast enough to see me coming, but not fast enough to do anything about it".

Then there was the time he also casually matched Professor Zoom in sheer speed, by Zoom's own admission, and then even undoing Professor's Zoom's time storms/wind funnels with his own sheer speed.

I remember him being caught in some Time stop crystal, might have been some New God tech (iirc), and he succeeded to break out of it. Despite the fact that...time was stopped.

That being said, Barry is probably a faster runner than Supes, but I feel like their reaction time/perception speed might be the same. Akin to the difference between the top olympic sprinter and the runner up. Wally is probably below Barry by a comparable amount.

Last edited by CosmicComet on Jan 2nd, 2016 at 07:02 PM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 06:57 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by Galan007
Tbf, it did look like Clark was expending a lot more effort than Flash(who was being mind-controlled at the time)... And Flash's comment at the end of the issue kind of substantiates that:

"I LET you catch me today."

Again, contradictions/inconsistencies run rampant on this topic. stick out tongue

Honestly, I believe in an all-out race, Flash would beat Clark every time. Speed is just what he does. That definitely doesn't diminish Clark, however--like you said: where heroes are concerned it has been made pretty clear that he is Flash's closest rival in terms of raw speed... Which says a lot about Clark's speed as well. thumb up
Eh, that's just Barry poking around. stick out tongue The rest I agree with thumb up

Being the second fastest hero in his Universe is no joke. Either way, even Flash Rebirth emphasized the speed difference between Barry/Supes and the rest:

Also, what's important to remember is that after Infinite Crisis, Superman became faster, to the point that he made Jay Garrick look like he was standing still:

And Jay also admitted that he wasn't the fastest in the group containing Superman:
http://s1093.photobucket.com/user/K...erjay4.jpg.html
http://s1093.photobucket.com/user/K...erjay3.jpg.html

In the same instance Superman boasts femto-second reaction time:
http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums...eactiontime.jpg

So yeah.

---

Also, post Infinite Crisis we have Reverse Flash saying Superman rivals him in speed:
quote:

I'd put it like:
Barry/Wally>Superman(post Infinite Crisis)>>>Supes>=Jay>>any hero that is a non-speedster.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 09:57 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ I agree.

Wally, Barry, and maybe even adult Bart are faster than Superman, but the difference between them is relatively marginal. That is to say: the Flashes would win a race every time, but Supes is at least fast enough to keep pace. The rest of the heroes are not. Imo.

Though where perception/reaction are concerned, I'd put Supes on equal footing with any Flash.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 2nd, 2016 at 10:21 PM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 10:19 PM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

I think Flash is around 20% faster than Superman on foot (20% being a huge difference on this level of speed)

Flying Superman vs running Flash is up for grabs imo

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2016 08:19 PM