KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Going to marry my sister

Going to marry my sister
Started by: SamZED

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ascendancy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
This is an emotional argument. You make some good points otherwise, but it's so, so easy to let reactions like these form our opinion on the matter. And I think it's instructive to see how infused into the discussion this sort of statement is.

Psych eval. + consenting, emotionally stable adults. It's weird for me to think about too, but no more or less repugnant than other scenarios if we control for those potential pitfalls. You might still be right; a part of me really wants to agree with this in full. But I want to hear a rebuttal to that that makes sense to me.

Which is why, earlier, I said that it would be instructive to see what the rates of birth defects are for older women. We don't look down on or contemplate legislation on women over 40 having babies. Or 50. Or whatever. But there are proven risks involved. Is it a double standard? Or are the risks MUCH higher for incest? I don't know the answer, but I think the answer would reveal a lot about our possible preconceptions.

I think when you have to start talking about mandatory psych evals before relationships can begin you're talking about a situation where the alternative of the couple having to find others to be with is more viable than doing what it takes for them to be together in a "healthy" way. Premarital counseling is certainly something that I think most professionals would recommend for any couple, but if it's essential, then there's something of merit in considering the possible flaws that may arise as reason for keeping the practice outlawed.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2015 06:04 AM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

I do not care what other adults do. Mind your business.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2015 06:25 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Any relationship that needs a psych eval to begin is probably doomed. It's sort of like those relationships where the people get together because one person cheated on their significant other with them. They then get together not realizing a relationship that required adultery to begin is all kinds of tainted.

There is also the very real fact that an older sibling or a parent can indeed have a bad influence on their child/younger sibling.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2015 09:56 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

BUMP

I enjoy watching all the uncomfortable responses.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2018 09:59 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Re: Going to marry my sister

Originally posted by SamZED
Made you look.

laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing

You did make me look!!!!!!!

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Mar 30th, 2018 10:02 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Gooooood... evil face

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2018 10:03 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Incest is sorta where I draw the line on being open-minded about relationships and marriage, simply because of how many consequences it carries with it.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Mar 30th, 2018 10:08 AM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

What if we add eugenics into the mix? Say Sam and Sally Incest want to get married and have a child. "NAY" screams everyone. Cries of "It's gross" and "Think of the children" echo all around. But let's say the Incests (yes that's what I'm calling them) are taking advantage of cutting technology that allow them to eliminate any and all potential hazards that come from their unholy union? That's right ladies and germs, no defects AT ALL. What say ye? Yuck btw

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Mar 30th, 2018 10:37 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

I remember seeing a headline about a mother and her adult daughter being arrested for their consensual incestuous relationship not long ago.

While I still think it's weird and disgusting, I don't it's anyone else's business, much less something to be arrested for.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2018 10:45 AM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

What if one or both parties were incapable of having a child? Would that change matters further?

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Mar 30th, 2018 12:13 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

This must be the Sis-gendered thing I keep hearing about...

Old Post Mar 30th, 2018 12:18 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nibedicus

laughing

Old Post Mar 30th, 2018 02:05 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Nibedicus

Well done.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2018 05:55 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I forget. This is two sisters wanting to marry right?

Making it Homo makes it more Better/Ok right?

Old Post Mar 30th, 2018 05:57 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badasucks1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Phuck you Badabing

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 03:26 PM
Badasucks1 is currently offline Click here to Send Badasucks1 a Private Message Find more posts by Badasucks1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The.D0minator
Restricted

Account Restricted

Incest is hot af, I've been peeping the incest subreddit lately. Good stuff.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 03:31 PM
The.D0minator is currently offline Click here to Send The.D0minator a Private Message Find more posts by The.D0minator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by Eternal Idol
I remember seeing a headline about a mother and her adult daughter being arrested for their consensual incestuous relationship not long ago.

While I still think it's weird and disgusting, I don't it's anyone else's business, much less something to be arrested for.
That's hot.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 12:14 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Great bump, r.

SamZED, the new king of GDF laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 12:35 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Great bump, r.

SamZED, the new king of GDF laughing out loud
My hopes are that any new member gets to see everything we've done to evolve intellectual boundaries. thumb up

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 12:45 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

How hot do you think Digi's sister is to have him rethinking everything he thought he knew about brother sister relationships?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 12:52 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote