KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman Vs Reed Richards

Superman Vs Reed Richards
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Superman Vs Reed Richards

(please log in to view the image)

With perfect recall, computer quick calculating ability, and understanding of Kryptonian tech, is Superman smarter than Reed Richards?
Given that the characters operate in completely different ways and play totally different roles in their heroic communities, i understand one character has more feats of mental acumen than the other, so yes i'm asking for more than A punches B.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 10:41 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

B punches A? stick out tongue

But yeah - Superman has a bit of an unfair advantage, with his tech. It's like me vs Albert Einstein, but I have modern day tech with me.

Based on that, Reed is smarter than Superman.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 11:04 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Superman has always struck me as being very knowledgeable and clever, whilst Reed impresses more as a *grand creative* genius. But this is a vague differentiation, given, as you've said, that they 'operate in completely different ways and play totally different roles in their heroic communities'. *Being a brain* is what Reed does. Superman: he typically saves the day with brute physical power.

This reminds me of the "Who's-more-agile?" question: Superman or Spider-Man? Superman is so much faster, and speed is a big part of agility. But generally, who do we think of as being the more agile hero?

Depends what you focus on.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 11:18 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

All I know is, Abhi's signal watch is pinging like crazy.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 11:26 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Cool responses, you guys got what i was thinking of when i made this, thanks; Very much like the agility question.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 11:40 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Yeah...imagine what Reed could achieve with Kryp tech. On an equal footing, my money's on Reed.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 11:44 AM
riv6672

My money usually is too. Dont much like the character, but he's hella smart.
Still, If anyone has a shot here, i figure Superman...

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 11:46 AM
Dante158
The Soul Stealer

Supes takes the majority

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 02:22 PM
Dante158 is currently offline Click here to Send Dante158 a Private Message Find more posts by Dante158 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Huh. huh

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 02:26 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Reed is smarter.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 02:32 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

People do forget Superman is a super genius. He is no Doom or Reed Richards or any high end comic genius, but he utterly blows any real world scientist out of the water.

I suppose it is possible some versions might be smarter then Reed. Kal Kent was said to have an IQ 10 times that of Einsteins as well as the whole "can process billions of things in a second" going for him. Combine that with the ability to read entire libraries in the time it takes Reed to get through a single book..

Last edited by Surtur on Nov 25th, 2015 at 02:53 PM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 02:51 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Richards is regularly written smarter now a days.

If this will be PC Superman I will be different. Post Crisis Superman is smart but not enough to say he is above Richards

I also agree 100% with what mindship wrote.

I also hope that people notices that We Superman fans do not always give the win to Superman over anyone. Just over the ones We think He could win smile

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Last edited by Rao Kal El on Nov 25th, 2015 at 02:57 PM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 02:51 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
People do forget Superman is a super genius. He is no Doom or Reed Richards or any high end comic genius, but he utterly blows any real world scientist out of the water.

I suppose it is possible some versions might be smarter then Reed. Kal Kent was said to have an IQ 10 times that of Einsteins as well as the whole "can process billions of things in a second" going for him. Combine that with the ability to read entire libraries in the time it takes Reed to get through a single book..

Don't forget, Alt. Reeds are also smarter than 616 Reed...

10 times Einstein isn't all that, considering he was meant to have an IQ of 150. Batman 1M had an IQ of 1045, and consideriNg Kal was meant to be this godlike being....

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 02:56 PM
Silent Master

Reed

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 02:59 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Richards is regularly written smarter now a days.

If this will be PC Superman I will be different. Post Crisis Superman is smart but not enough to say he is above Richards

I also agree 100% with what mindship wrote.

I also hope that people notices that We Superman fans do not always give the win to Superman over anyone. Just over the ones We think He could win smile

I like how you capitalize the H in he... laughing

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 03:03 PM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by riv6672
I like how you capitalize the H in he... laughing

Force oh habit. In spanish grammar I always do the same stick out tongue

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 03:05 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

está todo bien.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 03:16 PM
riv6672

Swap to English
me da risa cómo sintió que tenía que hacer un ejemplo de abhi haciendo lo posters comieron supone que debe hacer , ya que nunca lo hace.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 03:19 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Don't forget, Alt. Reeds are also smarter than 616 Reed...

10 times Einstein isn't all that, considering he was meant to have an IQ of 150. Batman 1M had an IQ of 1045, and consideriNg Kal was meant to be this godlike being....

But I think some of the alt. Reeds could somehow stretch their brains to increase their intelligence.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 04:47 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Superman's ability to perceive/process/recall/apply bulk information is greater than Reed's, imo(see the Miracle Machine feat, to name one.)

However, I'd say that Reed is portrayed as smarter on average--uber intelligence is all he's really got, after all, so naturally Marvel is going to wank that above all else.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 05:09 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote