KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Will the First Order make the old Imperial regime look weak ?

Will the First Order make the old Imperial regime look weak ?
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Will the First Order make the old Imperial regime look weak ?

Do you also believe like myself that the new trilogy of villains will eclipse Palpatine and his old regime in terms of power and combat abilities. Snoke may very well >>Palpatine thus undermining his history and accomplishments.

A big takeaway from this particular Force Awakens advertisement is that the tone is more dark and serious when compared to the other ones. Viewers get the impression that the galaxy is in dire times, with the Galactic Civil War still raging on 30 years after Emperor Palpatine was defeated. The First Order is shaping up to be an intimidating force that’s even stronger than the old Imperial regime. Their army observing what is most likely the Starkiller base weapon in action is an image that immediately conveys the magnitude of their power and the tremendous odds stacked against the Resistance as they fight for freedom in the galaxy.

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-7-t...snoke-kylo-ren/

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 12:24 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I really doubt it. While potentially quite individually badass, they don't have near the scale or resources.

It's dark and serious because the characters facing it are on one planet (or whatever) and are locally going to be pretty badly outmatched.

Note how the darkest of the original trilogy was the only one without a Death Star, the Imperials deployed the smallest amount of forces there.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 12:34 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I wonder how they'll compare to the Imperial Remnant/Chiss Empire

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 12:58 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Not at all.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 01:20 AM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

That range, or even stronger, is quite possible.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 02:05 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I sense there is a lack of faith in the First Order. I do not doubt the power of the first order.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 02:15 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I mean, they've lost much of the galaxy and are a group aiming to reverse those loses and expand again. That pretty much states that they don't have the power of the Empire.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 02:25 AM
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Q99
I mean, they've lost much of the galaxy and are a group aiming to reverse those loses and expand again. That pretty much states that they don't have the power of the Empire.
Greater numbers doesn't necessarily mean greater power. Star killer should give you an idea of what the First Order is capable of in this new film. I get that it's all speculation at this point but I have a feelin'.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 02:35 AM
Q99

Originally posted by quanchi112
Greater numbers doesn't necessarily mean greater power. Star killer should give you an idea of what the First Order is capable of in this new film. I get that it's all speculation at this point but I have a feelin'.

It means more military power at least.

As for personal power... I doubt they're going to surpass Vader or Sidious, but there could be more darksiders among them.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 02:36 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Q99
It means more military power at least.

As for personal power... I doubt they're going to surpass Vader or Sidious, but there could be more darksiders among them.
Well I personally think the star killer is going to be a lot more powerful than the Death Star.

If the starkiller base is greater than the deathstar then to me it makes sense to make Snoke > Palpatine. Hell, if he turned out to be Darth Plagueis then that's pretty much a given.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 02:41 AM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by quanchi112
If the starkiller base is greater than the deathstar then to me it makes sense to make Snoke > Palpatine. Hell, if he turned out to be Darth Plagueis then that's pretty much a given.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 03:13 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Trocity
Ok, pm me and I'll explain it all to you so it makes sense and your brain doesn't have to hurt anymore.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 03:16 AM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 03:44 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

It is yet to be seen.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 03:55 AM
Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Trocity
Ah, a masochist.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 04:10 AM
The Merchant

Probably not. The SK base is more than likely going to be some chain reaction weapon, while the Death Star is all power. Oh, and SW>ST.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 04:15 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by The Merchant
Probably not. The SK base is more than likely going to be some chain reaction weapon, while the Death Star is all power. Oh, and SW>ST.
If the chain reaction has greater power than the Death Star beam then it is more powerful.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. That's a vague statement. What do you mean by it ? In what capacity ?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 04:22 AM
The Merchant

That doesn't make much sense to me. Like, for example the Sun Crusher in the old SW EU used some missile that released some weird thing to make stars to go Supernova, yet when it hit the Death Star prototype, it just dissolved some of it and didn't do any real damage. Could be the same case with the Starkiller base.

Pretty much everything barring exotic technology. And of course God like beings but when I talk about SW vs. ST I usually refer to the Empire vs. Federation.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 04:25 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

I doubt it; the technology of the SK from what we've seen seems decidedly superior to the Death Star.

That being said, using that as evidence for Snoke being more powerful than Palpatine is beyond retarded.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 04:27 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Has any new info of the SK even been revealed? All I know is that it destroys entire star systems. However that works hasn't been revealed to us as of yet, well as far as I know.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 04:33 AM