KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Samurai Jack

Samurai Jack
Started by: Demonic Phoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CosmicComet

I've seen no numbers listed anywhere, I'll assume she is an adult with that figure.

Regardless, thats legal where I am anyway. lol

Old Post Apr 9th, 2017 07:45 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Genndy didn't disappoint, he's definately playing out the "chose their path" angle.

Good thing I manually set my dvr that would have skipped the "repeat".

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2017 08:15 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

No shipping please. Shipping has f-cked up otherwise great shows and is probably what killed the Naruto series aside from the author's constant asspulls.

Besides, Ashi seems more akin to a daughter than a romance. I think a reluctant father/daughter dynamic would do a lot more for Jack's character at this point. If he were to romance someone, it'd need to be someone who was more or less Jack's equal mentally speaking.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2017 09:01 PM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

**** that, Jack and female Aku 4life. wink

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2017 10:20 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

So, does the destroyed time portals include the Guardians? I thought he was destined to fight Jack in a rematch (And didn't he defend the portal from even Aku in the past?)

Last edited by cdtm on Apr 12th, 2017 at 05:47 PM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2017 05:43 PM
cdtm

Nice to see Scottsman again.

Ashi was too easily convinced. Nothing Jack showed her is really proof Aku was personally evil (Anyone could commit evil acts in someone elses name).

Old Post Apr 20th, 2017 03:21 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

So him constantly helping her and saving her life after she calmed down. And showing her things and people Aku destroyed. And that big evil guy getting full permission to kill a village of kids and puppies on Akus order isn't enough? While her mother basically disowned her and threatened her life because she didn't blindly murder for the benevolent Aku. Come on man.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2017 03:45 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Yeah, but she was raised her entire life to believe just one thing.

Think of a brainwashed cultist. They can justify anything to support their warped vision of reality, and often take months/years to deprogram.

But Jack up and convinced her everything she was raised to believe is bunk in five minutes. (Yeah, it's a 20 minute show, but she could have put up a little more resistance, and maybe only started asking a few questions now, and come around some episodes down the line.)

Old Post Apr 20th, 2017 12:43 PM
cdtm

Can Aku destroy Scottsman's soul, I wonder?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2017 12:45 PM
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

I personally don't like how quickly Aishi changed her mind. I was execting something a LOT more gradual. Payoff would've been much better in the end.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2017 04:48 PM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

So, it's pretty obvious the sword will be recovered, but is there anything else that could be used against Aku?

He's never been completely untouchable. The guardians of that water jewel held him off, at least. And I bet the wish fairy could do something against him.

But those are all pretty narrow use plot devices. Is there anything actually obtainable?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2017 11:35 PM
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
So, it's pretty obvious the sword will be recovered, but is there anything else that could be used against Aku?

He's never been completely untouchable. The guardians of that water jewel held him off, at least. And I bet the wish fairy could do something against him.

But those are all pretty narrow use plot devices. Is there anything actually obtainable?
Aku himself maybe? Dude is depressed. Almost suicidally so.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2017 01:09 AM
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

And Jack is suddenly over his depression and psychological issues. Meh. Pacing is way too fast here, IMO.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2017 03:54 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

He literally had to fight a ghost samurai that was feeding his despair because of his own personal failures in death. Ashi had to nearly die and show him that he'd made her life do a complete 180% despite killing all of her sisters. As well as reminding him that he did indeed save basically the entire planet in some fashion at some point in the past 50 years. In fact if the ghost didn't try to kill her, he might've still gone through with it.

Also, it was the "death" of the children that pushed him over the edge. He could handle everything else. So once she told him they were alive, why would he stay depressed to the point he was willing to commit Seppuku when he never went that far before>

Dude, it's a single season. How slow do you want it to go? There's not gonna be another 5, it's this and that's it.

Pacing's pretty spot on, just seems like you're complaining to complain.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2017 09:24 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Originally posted by KingD19
He literally had to fight a ghost samurai that was feeding his despair because of his own personal failures in death. Ashi had to nearly die and show him that he'd made her life do a complete 180% despite killing all of her sisters. As well as reminding him that he did indeed save basically the entire planet in some fashion at some point in the past 50 years. In fact if the ghost didn't try to kill her, he might've still gone through with it.
All covered in the timespan of like three minutes. The idea is fine overall. It's the execution which I found lacking. Same with Ashi suddenly realizing the error of her ways. These are great ideas, but there are so many better ways to execute them when you've ten episodes to play around with. Genndy strikes me as just being too impatient.

quote:
Also, it was the "death" of the children that pushed him over the edge. He could handle everything else. So once she told him they were alive, why would he stay depressed to the point he was willing to commit Seppuku when he never went that far before>
My understanding was that he was depressed and psychologically traumatized because Aku destroyed all the time portals and there was no way to undo his evil and thus no point in his journey. Hence the "There's no way home! There's nothing to fight for!" tagline which we've heard hundreds of time via the teasers for this season. I don't see why Ashi reminding him that he's done plenty of good over the years would convince Jack that everything is going to be fine.

quote:
Dude, it's a single season. How slow do you want it to go? There's not gonna be another 5, it's this and that's it.
You can properly pace this kind of subplot in a single season. 10 episodes is plenty of time to wrap up the whole Jack's inner conflict storyline. Frankly, I was expecting it get resolved during the climax of this season (9th or 10th episode). You know, that one moment where everything ties together and the hero finally overcomes his self-doubt in a spectacular fashion right before (or even during) his final showdown with the villain. I might end up changing my mind once I've seen the entire season, but right now, it just feels premature.

quote:
Pacing's pretty spot on, just seems like you're complaining to complain.
And it seems like you're just fanboying to fanboy. One can appreciate Samurai Jack (which I certainly do) while also being aware of its flaws.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2017 04:25 PM
cdtm

How old are those blind archers? Assuming they're the same trio Jack saved (And they talked like they were), they can't be human.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2017 04:51 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
And Jack is suddenly over his depression and psychological issues. Meh. Pacing is way too fast here, IMO.

Maybe the real storyline is going to be Jack and Ashi spending 90% of the season helping Aku get therapy, so he can destroy him properly. wink

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2017 04:54 PM
CosmicComet

I think that was my favorite episode of Jack to date.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 12:01 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 08:15 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Go have a stupid question. Was ashi naked the entire time?

Old Post Apr 29th, 2017 09:45 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote