KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Samurai Jack

Samurai Jack
Started by: Demonic Phoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Yeah. All of the Daughters were. The mom dropped them in hot coals and it basically turned into a body scab.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2017 10:07 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Then how did Jack not realize they weren't robots?

Old Post Apr 29th, 2017 10:55 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Jack has banished his evil side and got his sword and outfit back. Aishi has defeated her mother out of nowhere. And the gods even had the courtesy of giving Jack a clean shave!

Hopefully, they kill Aku and go back in time in the next episode as I don't see anything else worth covering.

I think I changed my mind on whether Jack is gonna hook up with Aishi. Recent two episodes have made it clear she's waifu fodder.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2017 03:32 AM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Then how did Jack not realize they weren't robots?

He'd basically been fighting robots for 50 years straight. Even some of them resembled humanoids and animals. Also they didn't speak, moved in unison, and had superhuman strength, agility, etc... All the hallmarks of robots.

And he was also mired in so much self doubt and anger and etc... that he was focused purely on survival. And as of the most current episode, it's obvious that his anger personified was manipulating him to an extent.

So there's plenty of reasons.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2017 07:20 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Is it the same sword? They shot some eyebeam things at Jack.

Wondering if maybe they took Jack's worthiness and forged another sword from it. Or at least imbued his power into it.

Sort of like Inuyasha's fang repairing Tetsusaigi, so that he was symbolically relying on his own strength instead of his father's.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 1st, 2017 12:45 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

It's the same sword. Just they made a show of giving it back to him. The eyebeams simply bestowed him with his sword once again, as well as restoring him to his true classic appearance which was basically a way of showing that Jack was really back.

Old Post May 1st, 2017 02:20 AM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Go have a stupid question. Was ashi naked the entire time?
not a stupid question. I was watching that episode with my roommate and we both went "wait wut" when she started scrubbing the black stuff off that we thought was clothing.

Old Post May 1st, 2017 05:18 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

LOL @ anyone that didn't see that inevitability coming a mile away.

"Nah bruh its a father daughter relationship bruh".

laughing out loud

Old Post May 7th, 2017 03:32 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Totally father/daughter relationship. thumb up

Next week looks to be a visit to the portal guardian. Or whatever's left of him.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 7th, 2017 03:34 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

The music, though.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post May 7th, 2017 10:29 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by CosmicComet
LOL @ anyone that didn't see that inevitability coming a mile away.

"Nah bruh its a father daughter relationship bruh".

laughing out loud
Everyone expected this to happen my man. The more intelligent among the fanbase merely hoped it wouldn't. thumb up

Old Post May 7th, 2017 08:14 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Genndy's pretty much just screwing around, from the look of it. Out of left field tone changes and no real pacing.

Probably never even had an endgame when he started this series, and is just in it for the money.

But why should Toriyama get all the fun? More power to him, nobody gave a shit when he was working his ass off on good stuff.

Last edited by cdtm on May 7th, 2017 at 08:51 PM

Old Post May 7th, 2017 08:47 PM
CosmicComet

Originally posted by NemeBro
Everyone expected this to happen my man. The more intelligent among the fanbase merely hoped it wouldn't. thumb up

That's certainly an opinion, even those among the unwashed masses like yourself are entitled to them.

thumb up

Old Post May 7th, 2017 10:56 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's certainly an opinion, even those among the unwashed masses like yourself are entitled to them.

thumb up

Oh snap, you're gonna get called a phaggot. Try not to be blown away by the cleverness and non-childlike nature of the insult.

Old Post May 7th, 2017 11:23 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

I really feel this season blew away a lot of its potential with some of the storytelling decisions. Take for example Scaramouch. He knows (or rather, knew) Jack didn't have his sword. As of episode 6, he was even headed back to Aku to let him know Jack doesn't have his sword. This added a EXTRA THICC layer of tension to the plot and kept viewers on the edge of their seats as to how things were going to play out. Then, lo and behold, in the next episode, Jack suddenly gets his sword back, hence immediately destroying the tension created by Scaramouch rushing back to inform Aku of his discovery.

Old Post May 8th, 2017 05:04 AM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Agreed completely.

Old Post May 8th, 2017 05:23 AM
NemeBro

thumb up
It's an opinion, but one far more well-substantiated than those who wished them to become an item my man. For one, them being a couple is somewhat creepy. More importantly, Jack being a paternal figure to Ashi is far more fulfilling to her character arc and to the story as a whole. Do you know why my son?

Old Post May 8th, 2017 11:20 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
I really feel this season blew away a lot of its potential with some of the storytelling decisions. Take for example Scaramouch. He knows (or rather, knew) Jack didn't have his sword. As of episode 6, he was even headed back to Aku to let him know Jack doesn't have his sword. This added a EXTRA THICC layer of tension to the plot and kept viewers on the edge of their seats as to how things were going to play out. Then, lo and behold, in the next episode, Jack suddenly gets his sword back, hence immediately destroying the tension created by Scaramouch rushing back to inform Aku of his discovery.
thumb up

Why even bring Scaramouch back?

Old Post May 8th, 2017 11:21 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Surtur
Oh snap, you're gonna get called a phaggot. Try not to be blown away by the cleverness and non-childlike nature of the insult.
I only do that to retarded phaggots like you my nigga, CosmicComet is okay by me.

Old Post May 8th, 2017 11:24 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Is Surtur trying to ruin my beloved Samurai jack with his phaggotness now? God damn it, not on my watch.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 8th, 2017 11:34 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote