KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Batman, a TellTale games series

Batman, a TellTale games series
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-

I REALLY like the idea of choosing between Bruce and Batman. That's something games have never really given us before.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Mar 19th, 2016 07:03 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

Normally I wouldn't want to play as Bruce without the cape and cowl, but sounds like they'll have an interesting way of how you use him that affects the story and state of Gotham. Guess I'm in.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Mar 19th, 2016 at 08:00 AM

Old Post Mar 19th, 2016 07:57 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Normally I wouldn't want to play as Bruce without the cape and cowl, but sounds like they'll have an interesting way of how you use him that affects the story and state of Gotham. Guess I'm in.
I just think its cool whenever they think Bruce Wayne is a pansy rich dude and he ends up whooping some ass.

The point is, even in the Arkham games, we didn't get to actively pick Bruce Wayne as even a costume.

X1 Respect Thread

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 05:02 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 01:15 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

The artstyle looks fresh & interesting for Batman (compared to Arkham at least) and what I'd expect of TellTale, though still tired of Troy Baker being everywhere.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 01:46 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

Full Trailer:

Have never been a huge TellTale guy, but I can't wait. It's out soon too, which is comforting.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2016 02:33 AM
ares834
Grand Moff

TellTale games have become really stale lately, and this doesn't look any different. And by god, they have to update their engine.

--- You May Fire When Ready ---

Old Post Jul 20th, 2016 02:46 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

Said staleness is why I'm not even feeling it for their Walking Dead season 3. Had tried out the WD Michonne game but it was just average at best, playing off the same tired formula. Not really convinced from the trailer that this game will be any different, though may still give it a try if I have not much else to spend on while waiting for other games.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2016 03:07 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, Michonne was a bit disappointing. The story wasn't that good and for a Telltale game to work, it needs to be solid.

However, there isn't a ton of devs doing something like this and they are the best. I have enjoyed most of their current work (Walking Dead to Tales of the Borderlands) so I'm looking forward to this.

I would just be happy if they added the ability to be a detective in it.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2016 03:40 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

I guess I'm lucky I haven't played a lot of their stuff, so that staleness will be less apparent to me.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2016 05:37 AM
Kazenji

The newer work form them is alright....Guess I just prefer their more older work, Where the games felt more like the old adventure games from the 90's.

Last edited by Kazenji on Jul 20th, 2016 at 07:02 AM

Old Post Jul 20th, 2016 06:51 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I disagree

I've always hated how downplayed Batmans normal life is. It needs to be balanced like Peter Parker/Spiderman. It adds sooo much more to the stories IMO

PWNT

Old Post Jul 20th, 2016 07:02 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by -Pr-
I guess I'm lucky I haven't played a lot of their stuff, so that staleness will be less apparent to me.

Meh, as long as the story is solid, I could probably play a Telltale game for years because that's what is important to me.

WD: Michonne didn't have a great one and due to that, it showed the ugly side of these games and how the "choices" you make didn't really mean anything. As well, you rarely had a chance to explore your surroundings like you did in earlier Walking Dead games.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2016 12:33 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I wanna play this right now dammit.... big grin

Thanks Steve... The Darkside of the force...

Old Post Jul 20th, 2016 06:55 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Relentless

I'm definitely playing this on the release day. I haven't played every Telltale game made but here is my list:

TWD season one is nothing short of perfection.

TWD season two is a bit muddled and not as good as season one, but good and worth multiple playthroughs.

TWD: Michonne wasn't very memorable and very short. Good, but kinda forgettable.

The Wolf Among Us is a solid game that is definitely worth multiple playthroughs.

"We are not children of celestial f*ckin' light, walkin' arm-in-arm into the Age of Aquarius. We are wankers who
wreck the planet an' piss on each other, 'til half the world's starvin' an' the other half's busy findin'
new ways to keep from noticin' it. That's the f*ckin' limit've our potential, believe me."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2016 11:04 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I really enjoyed The Wolf Among Us. I know it's based on a comc/graphic book but it doesn't mean it wasn't an interesting take on an old story. I thought it was great.

Game of Thrones wasn't that bad either. Tales of the Borderlands was kind of funny and neat too. I was surprised Telltale could make a game based on a loot driven shooter.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2016 12:54 PM
-Pr-

Came out today, wanted to get it but the PC port is awful, apparently.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2016 10:19 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It would probably be fixed right?

Make no sense to have a shitty port from Telltale. It's not like they haven't released any previous PC games.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2016 10:56 PM
-Pr-

I'm hoping they fix it, because I really want to play it. The port is just awful; mouse, resolution and FPS issues abound. Even on Steam it was being rated pretty poorly up until a while ago.

They did release a patch today, but people are still saying it hasn't fixed all of their issues.

Our machine here is well above the minimum specs; I'm just annoyed I have to wait to spend that sweet, sweet birthday steam credit. Hoping they fix it soon, anyway.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2016 10:15 PM
Kazenji

I'll most likely wait until season 1 is finished for this game, Before i play it.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2016 05:48 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote