KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Evolution of the Lightsaber Duel

Evolution of the Lightsaber Duel
Started by: Darth Subjekt

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

Evolution of the Lightsaber Duel

So my buddy sent this to me. Apparently Mark Hamill will be hosting this show in ESPN on the 15th, and I wanted to try to post the trailer/commercial link here in case anyone was interested. I'm not sure where to put it, so if it needs moved, by all means...

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14313449

I hope this link posts properly. Also, do you think we'll see another level of evolution or vice verse, for the next set of movies?

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2015 05:41 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Looks nice.

I hope we get a good blend of both the PT and OT. The PT fights were way too slick and sterile for me. I felt nothing during those fight: just very fancy choreography.

While the OT fights were a bit cruder in choreography (although, the ANH fight is very stylish, very 'spiritual' as they say), they were at least filled with emotion and power. You always feel something seriously huge is at stake. Not so with the PT ballet dancers.

Last edited by queeq on Dec 11th, 2015 at 09:11 AM

Old Post Dec 9th, 2015 07:52 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

I liked Ani/Ob1, probably cause I'd waited so long for it. And Ob1 vs Maul was good once QGJ died and Ob1 lost it for a moment. Other than that, I agree with you. But I definitely think they'll cover all that. Can't wait.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 02:01 AM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Me too.

I felt the Ani/OB1 fight was a huge disappointment. All that skipping about on flying droids, weird simultaneous twirling etc... Plus the fact that we have been watching two movies with these two guys that never seem to like each other, didn't help either. They don't like each other so they fight... big deal. And then it turns into a cartoon CGI fest...

Nah... bad build up (on AOTC and ROTS), bad ending. I'd have preferred a lot more grit and genuine emotion in that sequence. Not just grumpy Anakin and a suddenly very brother like emotional OB1... which came out of nowhere...

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 09:14 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

My son wants to watch a movie a day leading up to Thursday when we see 7... Tonight was ROTS... Man, that movie is brutal after having not seen it for a bit. Had they stayed in one spot and fought, it would have been soooo much better. I forgot how choppy and campy it got. Even buzz droids, vulture droids... Ugh. I can't wait to see what JJ has come up with.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2015 03:43 AM
queeq
Chaos

First reviews are out in my country: very positive.

So get your kid ready for a good ride.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 07:57 AM