KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » THE DISASTER ARTIST: The making of THE ROOM

THE DISASTER ARTIST: The making of THE ROOM
Started by: Inhuman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Haven't had the chance to watch this yet...

Old Post Sep 15th, 2017 06:49 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 04:16 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I just can't watch the original movie; I can't sit through it. The best I have done is Nostalgia Critic's lengthy dissection of it, and that's as far as I can go.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 03:31 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

It helps if you’re watching it with friends to make fun of it and everything, but alone, yeah, I wouldn’t of been able to do it.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 06:32 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

It's a group-mock movie. A drunk group-mock movie.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 03:38 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Oh, yeah. Don't sit through The Room alone. That's torture. But it's fun with friends to make fun of it. It's a masterpiece in that regard.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 12:18 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

This is was goofy/funny/good, Franco absolutely nailed the role. The scene-by-scene recreations were nearly spot on.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 05:43 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rick Deckard

Just watched The Disaster Artist. Great film! I've always been interested in what goes on "behind the scenes" of Hollywood, and this was a fascinating look at the process - while also having a great story & solid cast.

I had never heard of The Room prior to this film, which is not surprising - given that it showed at only one theater back in 2003, and has never been well-known. I know it's supposed to have some kind of cult status, but even so I've still never heard of it - LOL. It's funny that more people have probably seen TDA than have seen The Room

The film also really illustrated how incredibly expensive it is to make movies, and how they rarely (if ever) turn a profit.

TW reminds me a lot of various B.S. artists I've run into in my life, i.e. people who are extremely secretive about their past & when they do let some info."slip through", these details end up being questionably & far-fetched. With these people, you never really know what to believe - or not believe. And, after a while you stop trying to find out more about them because you don't trust that what they're telling you has any element of truth. However, the difference between TW & these people I've run into is that he had the cash to support/back up his unlikely dream - i.e. make a movie.

I also thought the ending was interesting, i.e. TW showing the movie to an actual audience, and everyone laughing their heads off - which increased as the film progressed. Obviously, he intended the film to be a drama, but it had the opposite effect on the audience. However, the audience reaction was very true to life. I.e., I have seen numerous films that try to be too serious & end up being unintentionally hilarious.

Several questions, which I know don't have answers:

1) Where the he$$ did Tommy W. get his $? He was obviously independently wealthy, but didn't appear to have a regular job. Did he clean up on the stock market?! Did he come from a wealthy family?! I guess we'll never know.

2) Where is TW originally from?! I've read that he's supposedly from Poland, but not sure if that's true.

In any case, I plan on seeing The Room next...but I suspect I will still think TDA is the better film

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 02:01 AM
Rick Deckard is currently offline Click here to Send Rick Deckard a Private Message Find more posts by Rick Deckard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote