KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Prove God Exists...

Prove God Exists...
Started by: Esau Cairn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Esau Cairn
Contagious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Astner
But they couldn't be proven. Are you implying that things can exist without evidence?

They were proven by the heat we felt from the sun.
They were proven by the fact that living beings needed UV to thrive & grow.

Man has also proven they can thrive & grow with & WITHOUT religion, faith or God.

They were only labelled & given (scientific) names as part of evidence in the knowledge of how things worked.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 01:00 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
They were proven by the heat we felt from the sun.
They were proven by the fact that living beings needed UV to thrive & grow.

So as long as something exists it proves itself regardless of whether or not there's evidence or theories supporting it?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 01:09 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Astner
So as long as something exists it proves itself regardless of whether or not there's evidence or theories supporting it?

I have no idea where you're coming from but I hope you can see I'm being respectful & not heated in my responses to you.
Not like some Christians on this thread...

If something exists, isn't that solid evidence that it does?

I exist.
You exist.
The evidence is our dialogue together.

If you had never responded or I never made this thread then our existence would not have been proven to eachother.

And wouldn't you conclude that being a fact & not a theory?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 01:16 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

What are you wearing btw?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 01:17 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I have no idea where you're coming from but I hope you can see I'm being respectful & not heated in my responses to you.
Not like some Christians on this thread...

If something exists, isn't that solid evidence that it does?
No, as determining something's very existence will actually require evidence for said existence. If reality worked as that sentence of yours, then anyone (theists included) could assert God's existence by saying simply: "God exists, isn't that solid evidence that He does?" And you'd be right to laugh at their conceit and call it an ipsedixetism.

I exist.
A solipsist would say otherwise.

You exist.
Most likely.

The evidence is our dialogue together.
That could all be taking place in your mind, just like the "dialogue" between a die hard believer and God.

And wouldn't you conclude that being a fact & not a theory?
Ehhh, chalk one up for proper use of the word theory:

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 11:08 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

All you've hypothesised is that there's a 50/50 chance that either Astner or myself are God moonlighting on KMC.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2015 11:44 PM
Van Hohenheim

Using deductive arguments to prove god's existence is a double edged sword, because you can literally argue anything exist or that it doesn't. You can just keep adding premises or make a premise that is true but leads to false conclusions.

Ex.)
1.)Billy is fast
2.)Billy is human
Conclusion: Any human named Billy is fast.

True premises;false conclusion.

There's a reason why natural philosophy switched from deductive reasoning, to inductive reasoning.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2015 02:10 AM
Van Hohenheim is currently offline Click here to Send Van Hohenheim a Private Message Find more posts by Van Hohenheim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Van Hohenheim

Anyway, there's no persuading evidence to convince anyone with functional faculties that god exists.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2015 02:16 AM
Van Hohenheim is currently offline Click here to Send Van Hohenheim a Private Message Find more posts by Van Hohenheim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I've been hyphotesizing Astner is an AI for a while now. That's true and you shall believe.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 12th, 2015 02:26 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Van Hohenheim

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I've been hyphotesizing Astner is an AI for a while now. That's true and you shall believe.

AI? What is that?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2015 02:28 AM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Artificial Intelligence.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2015 04:51 AM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

All you've hypothesised is that there's a 50/50 chance that either Astner or myself are God moonlighting on KMC.
50/50. 100% chance that your both fanciful peasants who don't realize that God is a spambot.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2015 05:29 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Van Hohenheim
Anyway, there's no persuading evidence to convince anyone with functional faculties that god exists.

See, I was expecting multiple posts from every Christian or Catholic to express how their blind faith in God was ample proof to his existence...but surprisingly no one has.

And yet isn't blind faith what it's all about?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2015 12:04 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

1.)Billy is fast
2.)Billy is human
Conclusion: Any human named Billy is fast.

True premises;false conclusion.

You don't arrive at the conclusion from the premises.

There's a reason why natural philosophy switched from deductive reasoning, to inductive reasoning.

No. Deductive reasoning is generally not used in natural philosophy because we don't have a proper understanding of nature.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2015 12:17 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Star428
We all (including babies and mentally retarded) inherited the sinful nature from Adam and Eve:

http://www.gotquestions.org/inherit-sin.html

That's an undeniable FACT.

Okay you are legitimately insane. Why do you think this is a fact? All he does is pull stuff from bible passages. You can't truly believe the things you say.

Last edited by Surtur on Dec 12th, 2015 at 03:09 PM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2015 03:07 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

See, I was expecting multiple posts from every Christian or Catholic to express how their blind faith in God was ample proof to his existence...but surprisingly no one has.

And yet isn't blind faith what it's all about?

Blind faith is real faith. The Bible teaches this.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2015 03:33 PM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

But then people need to realize faith isn't proof. That is the whole thing with faith, you don't have proof. Now people will say well they don't need proof and that is fine and dandy, but if the thread is specifically asking for actual proof there is zero.

At this point in time, God is as real as Santa Clause or the Easter Bunny.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2015 05:12 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Why can't everyone be happy with their own ideology without attacking the others?

Asking to both groups.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 12th, 2015 05:12 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Because people rule and form laws based on there favorite book.

I'd like to pass a law that all men must dress accordingly based solely on which side of the tracks they live on. Wouldn't want our women being besmirched by them greaser punks.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2015 07:13 PM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Why can't everyone be happy with their own ideology without attacking the others.

Because that's boring?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2015 08:10 PM