KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Ranking Star Wars

Ranking Star Wars
Started by: CPT Space Bomb

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

There's only 1 fake fan here and we all know who he is.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2015 12:23 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Best to worst, IMO:

Empire
New Hope
Jedi
Revenge
Clones
Menace

spot on

Thanks Steve.. UI Goku, Jiren and Vegeta

Old Post Dec 13th, 2015 12:42 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

I think we can all agree that pod racing is the best thing that has come from SW.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Dec 13th, 2015 12:55 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Greatest film ever

Originally posted by Darth Thor
There's only 1 fake fan here and we all know who he is.
Goad you outed yourself, pretender.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2015 03:05 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Greatest film ever

As someone who loves both Trilogies I wouldn't say that. Each Star Wars film is very different, so some are bound to appeal to people more than others.

However I can't stand people who Hate on Lucas as a film maker due to their distaste of the Prequels. It's like they completely forget he created the OT as well.

Btw I notice you've put ANH bottom of your list. I can understand watching it now it can seem like the least entertaining, but I just hope you appreciate how that movie changed cinema and changed the fantasy/adventure genre and changed pop culture. Oh and it's the film that gave us Star Wars in the first place.

And for people who hate the Prequels I hope they at least appreciate what the Prequels did for Special Effects. TPM pretty much had the same impact on special effects back in 1999 that Avatar had 10 years on, but doesn't seem to get the same credit for that.

Edit- Oh crap did it again.
That is his list so don't you dare tell him to switch it you pretender.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2015 03:08 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I think ROTJ and ROTS are on an equal level. They both have very good bits and very bad bits.

For me AOTC ranks at the very bottom of the SW list. The most obsolete SW movie ever made to date. And it fails to deliver on the only two plot points it needs to deliver: the origin of the clone program (and I don't mean who actually makes them, but who ordered them and why) and the totally terrible love story that causes Anakin to fall.

Big, major uberphail there. Although it's one of the prettiest of the PT, these major storytelling flaws make it tumble all the way to the bottom for me. Compared to AOTC TPM begins to make sense.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2015 06:16 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Professional

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
No love for the Darth Maul light sabre fight?

Yeah, it was good but I enjoyed the intensity of the race better.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2015 06:20 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage

ROTJ
Empire
ANH
ROTS
TPM
AOTC

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 13th, 2015 06:38 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

For me the OT is the greatest Trilogy of all time.

But the PT doesn't devalue the SW franchise at all Imo. And only adds to the OT making it the greatest movie franchise of all time. And I'm sure Ep.7 will boost the franchise further.

Originally posted by queeq
I think ROTJ and ROTS are on an equal level.

thumb up They are. And they're a great duo to watch back to back.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2015 10:59 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by quanchi112
1. Revenge of the Sith
2. Return of the Jedi
3. Empire Strikes Back
4. Attack of the Clones
5. Phantom Menace
6. A New Hope

As much as I disagree with a lot of your statements in regards to SW, this is basically the exact same list I have.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 14th, 2015 01:34 AM
Emperordmb is online now! Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

ANH below AOTC and TPM? Wow... that is so... incredible.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2015 10:40 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I think with it being the oldest of the films some of the younger lot don't appreciate what a classic it is, and how that movie basically changes cinema.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2015 10:49 AM
-Pr-

That, and it's a solid movie with good performances. It has a simple story, sure, but it's done incredibly well.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Dec 14th, 2015 11:06 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

honestly, take off the nostalgia lenses for a sec... Star Wars as a franchise had its legacy cemented Empire Strikes Back, without that film, Star Wars would have been another Dune... had ESB been a failure, had the story not been up to standard then both films would be a lot less regarded and loved as they are today. Yes, I know Star Wars was huge when it first opened, kids and adults alike were on board and loving it...so it was for Avatar....both films introduced mind blowing spectacle that captured the imagination of the movie going world. The major difference with the two is that Star Wars had an great sequel with possibly the greatest twist in cinema history; that was what made the Star Wars franchise timeless, not the first one, looking back on it now with unbiased eyes A New Hope is bland, aged horribly, too much exposition, not enough visceral action and wooden acting by a lot of the cast save for Harrison Ford really. I respect it for breaking ground and creating this series that I love but other than that its not highly rated on its own merit for me at all.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2015 12:49 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834
Knight of Ren

Nope.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2015 12:52 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by relentless1
honestly, take off the nostalgia lenses for a sec... Star Wars as a franchise had its legacy cemented Empire Strikes Back, without that film, Star Wars would have been another Dune... had ESB been a failure, had the story not been up to standard then both films would be a lot less regarded and loved as they are today.

Nah the Original Star Wars stood out on it's own as a timeless classic. Much like The Wizard of Oz.

I mean sure ESB pushed SW as a movie "franchise", but ANH would never have been forgotten had ESB/ROTJ failed. Just like Wizard of Oz wasn't forgotten after it's sequels/prequels.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2015 01:07 PM
quanchi112
Greatest film ever

Opinions vary and mine rarely match the general consensus.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2015 02:40 PM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Nah the Original Star Wars stood out on it's own as a timeless classic. Much like The Wizard of Oz.

I mean sure ESB pushed SW as a movie "franchise", but ANH would never have been forgotten had ESB/ROTJ failed. Just like Wizard of Oz wasn't forgotten after it's sequels/prequels.

you may be right, i guess we will never know though, unless someone has a time machine and kill GL before ESB is written lol, I still stand by my theory however.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2015 11:23 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

It's not surprising that there are so many different opinions on the movies. It's not surprising that ESB, ROTJ and ROTS all seem to be high on most lists though. God, I can't wait till Thursday! Midnight tickets baby....

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 01:43 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Greatest film ever

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
It's not surprising that there are so many different opinions on the movies. It's not surprising that ESB, ROTJ and ROTS all seem to be high on most lists though. God, I can't wait till Thursday! Midnight tickets baby....
Doing the 7pm showing thing. Probably see it again on Sunday opening weekend with the gf. First showing is reserved for fellow Star Wars fans.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 01:46 AM