KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » The OFFICIAL 'Is there more than one Matrix?' thread

The OFFICIAL 'Is there more than one Matrix?' thread
Started by: killerarg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

But it ISN'T a choice. The choice isn't about being free or not, it is about beiong in the Matrix or not from an objective sense. It is no point you saying the ones in Zion THINK they are free so therefore the choice is made. The ones in the Matrix THINK they are free as well.

The POINT is that the humans subconciously realise they are not in the real world, regardless of what they consciously think. So putting them into a simulated Zion makes no difference. They have to be not in any form of computer Matrix at all.

Neo does not necessarily have to be communicating for the part of humself in the Matrix for it to be useful to him.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 29th, 2003 02:55 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

Good point Ush, I will elaborate by saying that Neo said it was "different" he could "feel" them. So obviously being that close to the source changed him and the code he carries.

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post May 29th, 2003 04:57 PM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
apple

I donīt think Zion is a Matrix. The end of the movie was not clear, but I think Zion was destroyed, for the sixth time. Someone says that that virotic copy of Smith was the only survivor of Zion destruction.
The point is: the real world is the new Matrix. Thereīs only one Matrix. The old one, after Neo reached the mainframe, was reloaded as the real world. Thatīs why Neo managed to stop the sentinels.
Everybody is still plugged in but only Neo and that survivor know that.

Old Post May 29th, 2003 05:10 PM
apple is currently offline Click here to Send apple a Private Message Find more posts by apple Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

Bane/Smith was not the last survivor of Zion he was the last survivor of the counter strike that Locke planned to stop the sentinels from digging.

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post May 29th, 2003 05:36 PM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
apple

Thanks Chico. I didnīt catch that information in the movie.
Well, but my point still stays on.
Everybody is still plugged in!

Old Post May 29th, 2003 06:39 PM
apple is currently offline Click here to Send apple a Private Message Find more posts by apple Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UofMguy

I'm with ya Ush, as well as some others. I don't think there is more than one matrix. Zion is the real world. I can't explain exactly how Neo stopped the sentinels but it has something to do with his trip to the source and his encounters with Smith where they rubbed off part of themselves on eachother.

Old Post May 29th, 2003 07:01 PM
UofMguy is currently offline Click here to Send UofMguy a Private Message Find more posts by UofMguy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tuur

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak The POINT is that the humans subconciously realise they are not in the real world, regardless of what they consciously think. So putting them into a simulated Zion makes no difference. They have to be not in any form of computer Matrix at all.

I like this part. But I'm not convinced yet. My problem is this...

quote:
Neo does not necessarily have to be communicating for the part of humself in the Matrix for it to be useful to him.

Please explain?

Old Post May 30th, 2003 07:42 AM
Tuur is currently offline Find more posts by Tuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tuur

quote:
Originally posted by apple
The point is: the real world is the new Matrix. Thereīs only one Matrix. The old one, after Neo reached the mainframe, was reloaded as the real world. Thatīs why Neo managed to stop the sentinels.
Everybody is still plugged in but only Neo and that survivor know that.

I like this a lot. It could explain the coma Neo is in...

I have to see the movie again. How did the transition take place (back to the ship) after Neo saved Trinity? I can't remember.

Last edited by Tuur on May 30th, 2003 at 07:53 AM

Old Post May 30th, 2003 07:50 AM
Tuur is currently offline Find more posts by Tuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

There really wasn't a transition they cut from [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the scence where Noe saves Trinity to the scene with the crew of the Neb talking in the kitchen of the Neb.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 08:19 AM
Tuur

Cheers! That's a lot of options then.

But what if Neo's world is the new Matrix? The crew of the Neb could enter it, right? It doesn't fit.

Another small prob: the reboot with Neo's code was only supposed happen if Neo left using the other door...

Last edited by Tuur on May 30th, 2003 at 08:34 AM

Old Post May 30th, 2003 08:31 AM
Higgypop
Randomness personified

Why does everyone keep saying that Neo and the Smith-human are the only survivors?
If they are the only survivors then who put them in the medical room beds?
The attack on Zion has just started, it has not been destoryed it's is set to be destroyed in the next film, quote "we have 24 hours to save Zion".

Old Post May 30th, 2003 08:59 AM
Higgypop is currently offline Click here to Send Higgypop a Private Message Find more posts by Higgypop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I dunno, some people seem to think that everything was going to blow up in moments after he went to get Trinity.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post May 30th, 2003 09:43 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myndon
I'm the one who talks

I think that that there might be 2 levels of the matrix this is just a thoery though , The Matrix is the 1st level it is where the Humans are kept and are happy not knowing what they are being used for, teh 2nd level the real world, they are "not" infact free from the matrix however, they have freedom to go in and out of teh Matrix and have some control over it.
SO in other words the Machines Have to real world so they can control teh Humans and teh Humans have the matrix so that they get control over soemthing.
Also they have accepted The Real World as teh Real World because they think they are free

Or another theory is the Reloaded theory which i think is better than my one above

Ergo, open your yapper one more time and i'll architect a world of pain all over your candy ass! Ergo! Concorditly! vis-a-vis!

Old Post May 30th, 2003 10:00 AM
Myndon is currently offline Click here to Send Myndon a Private Message Find more posts by Myndon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Higgypop
Randomness personified

Yes I agree with that but Zion hasn'r been destroyed whether it is in a second Matrix or not.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 10:26 AM
Higgypop is currently offline Click here to Send Higgypop a Private Message Find more posts by Higgypop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Man_Childe

I think Zion is not in the Matrix. It is in the real world. I do not think that NEO used a EMP to stop the sentinels, the effects used do not coincide with the effects used from the first movie for an EMP. I am not sure about what he did though. I do think that the architect lied to Neo in order to destroy his self confidence. If Neo doesn't believe he is the one then he isn't the one.

Old Post May 30th, 2003 06:45 PM
Man_Childe is currently offline Click here to Send Man_Childe a Private Message Find more posts by Man_Childe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tevesh

Neo and Bane (Smith-human) were the only two survivors of the first attack against the machines. The commander was planning a counter-attack against the sentinals, but an EMP was discharged before all the ships got out of range of one another EMP radius, causing 5 ships to die immediately. (Bane was the one to discharge the EMP). After that, all went into chaos, and the sentinals slaughtered the ships. That counter-attack, which failed horrendously, had only one surivivor, Bane. He was unconscious when they found him, and put him on the medical bed. When the Neb was attacked, Neo stopped the sentinals somehow (EMP? don't know. but he did it somehow) and he too became unconscious. By only two survivors, I don't mean of the entire world, or entire matrix, but just the only two survivors of the first attack against the machines

Unless the question is: What isn't the answer?

Old Post May 30th, 2003 07:34 PM
Tevesh is currently offline Click here to Send Tevesh a Private Message Find more posts by Tevesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the baldy man

Good analysis Tevesh. That was my interpretation of it as well..

I posted the stuff below over in another thread also but I think it's relevant here also:

>> At the end of the Movie, Neo says "something's different - I can feel them" about the Sentinels. Then he goes on to stop them just like he can with bullets inside the Matrix. To me, this suggests one of the following:

1. The world "outside the Matrix", i.e. the tunnels, Zion, everything that (up to now) we thought was "Real" is actually some sort of additional part of the Matrix / another layer / whatever....

Or...

2. Neo has gained some kind of real-world power as "The One" to be able to stop the Sentinels but the shock of this realisation was so great it knocked him into a coma.....

Or...

3. They've all been duped and the Matrix has tricked them into thinking they've jacked out after Neo saved Trinity but they're actually still in a "Reloaded" version that now includes a virtual world complete with a fake Zion / tunnel system / sentinels etc....

Finally, could it be possible that whilst both Neo and Smith/Bane appear to be unconscious that they are actually now disconnected from the system and in another "realm" which could be revealed in the final movie? Perhaps the scene of the fight between them that was hinted at in the trailer?

Old Post May 30th, 2003 08:44 PM
the baldy man is currently offline Click here to Send the baldy man a Private Message Find more posts by the baldy man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

And as been pointed out muchly before, the computer game tells us that part of Neo remained inside the Matrix, this is far more likely to be part of the explanation.

BtVS

Old Post May 30th, 2003 08:45 PM
the baldy man

Ushgarak, haven't played the game - only seen the movie hence the 3 options.... However, If it was the case, wouldn't Neo realise this straightaway?

Old Post May 30th, 2003 08:59 PM
the baldy man is currently offline Click here to Send the baldy man a Private Message Find more posts by the baldy man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Apparently- no. There you go.

BtVS

Old Post May 30th, 2003 09:02 PM