KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Battlefield 1

Battlefield 1
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Told ya its WWI. Its an alternate history WWI though. That could solve the lack of attachments and customization. Also, wtf is up with that numbering

http://www.theladbible.com/articles...n-leaked-060516

I guess they don't want to call it Battlefield 5.

It's definitely peaked my interest and I will probably buy it if no major issues pop up but I would rather have a true sequel to BF1942.

There is so many things they could do with World War 2 and so many iconic battles they could create maps for. And all the awesome tanks, weapons, planes and other stuff....ahhh, I ****ing hope they make a World War 2 game again. Hell, you don't even need to add the "alternate history" angle that this game has (because if it didn't, it would be ****ing boring and depressing).

Old Post May 6th, 2016 11:32 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah the numbering for it is whacked, Makes you think they've remade 1942 but then you watch the trailer.....yeah.

Old Post May 7th, 2016 12:01 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I like the idea of revisiting older wars but I don't see why we can't have a game that spans generations. Battlefield 2 proved that we could have a game that includes modern warfare and Vietnam so why can't we have one that spans them all. I love battlefield. Their gameplay is leagues superior to COD games but I think the WWI gimmick will wear thin

Old Post May 7th, 2016 12:38 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Their gameplay is leagues superior to COD games but I think the WWI gimmick will wear thin

Except for the Campaign modes, COD wins that out of the two.

Old Post May 7th, 2016 02:42 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RadZoa

I'd take it over jet pack wall run simulator 3000 Aka every f'n Call of Duty game.

Old Post May 7th, 2016 04:12 AM
RadZoa is currently offline Click here to Send RadZoa a Private Message Find more posts by RadZoa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Gamespot has a closer look regarding gameplay.

There will be more emphasis on dogfighting and planes will have turrets as well. It will have assault rifles, submachine guns, heavy machine guns and bolt action rifles. As well, the coolest thing is that you can use battleships and bombard emplacements and stuff. There is other stuff as well but I belive this is the closest BF has been to the original 1942. As for vehicles, heavy tanks, light tanks, armored cars and horses.

It looks very cool and I'm happy that the game will be more skill based than before. The single player campaign will try to be more Bad Company 2-ish and I think they said will revolve around flying, land and water parts. In the end, the game is about air, land and sea and I believe most maps will have all three....but I'm not sure.

Old Post May 7th, 2016 06:40 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I noticed a blimp at the end of the trailer. Surely that's gonna be in the multiplayer too, yes? Better be.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post May 7th, 2016 08:44 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

From what they said, the guy who saw the game behind closed doors saw the blimp but it wasn't being used. He was unsure if you can use the blimp or not. He did say that planes were flying around it so it had a physical space in the game world.

Does that mean you can fly it? Maybe.....or it could be similar to how the AC-130 was used in modern BF's. However, it would a bit strange if you can control massive destroyers (and probably smaller cruisers and hell, maybe even subs) but not control that airship.

My best guess would be that the airship is part of mode and whoever controls are point get to use it and it's on rails.

Speaking of modes, I wonder what they are. I would assume conquest, rush, air superiority, and I'm guessing some sort of naval superiority.

Old Post May 7th, 2016 11:45 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Turns out Battlefield 1's gonna have a campaign. What was it DICE was trying to explain to the rest of the world why their last game, Battlefront, couldn't have story? Something about nobody wanting one and that it was pointless? Friggin hypocrites man erm

Old Post May 8th, 2016 03:30 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Lets hope the campaign is on par with Bad Company 2 otherwise it's just going to be another pointless shit one.

Old Post May 8th, 2016 03:35 AM
Arachnid1

Battlefield 1 is now by far the most liked trailer on YouTube.

Infinite Warfare is now by far the most disliked trailer on YouTube.

PWNT

Old Post May 14th, 2016 08:45 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

LoL.

Reminds me of the E3 reveals of PS4 and Xbone

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post May 14th, 2016 09:20 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

There is gameplay footage of an actual match on Polygon. From what I've seen, I'm looking forward to it because it feels like it's back to the original 1942 where there isn't a lock on in sight.

Also, when the airship crashes, it crashes on the map in any location and obliterates anything beneath it and the remnants stay there until the end of the match. Also, it seems all the vehicles have multiple gunnery positions which I loved when I played BF3 and 4.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2016 11:58 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Heard the new trailer is alot more cohesive compared to the first one which was just bits & pieces

and here it is

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 12:24 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It looks fun.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 01:48 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

If you want to play the French you'll have to buy the premium DLC first.

http://www.pcgamer.com/french-force...-battlefield-1/

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 18th, 2016 at 02:37 AM

Old Post Jun 18th, 2016 02:30 AM
Arachnid1

So? Who cares what faction you play as in multiplayer? It has no real impact on gameplay if previous BFs are followed.

Plus, I don't want to play a quitting simulator.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 18th, 2016 02:34 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Arachnid1
So? Who cares what faction you play as in multiplayer? It has no real impact on gameplay if previous BFs are followed.

Plus, I don't want to play a quitting simulator.

It's just odd you would exclude the French from a game about WWI. Didn't most of that war happen around their turf?

The French didn't quit 'til WWII.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2016 02:49 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yes. It's a strange decision to add the United States instead of French due to what you said and the fact that US didn't join WW1 until very late.

However, I assume US was added because it's probably costing the devs big bucks to develop and thought not having US would hurt sales in the US. I'm guessing that's the reason behind it.

The Russian Empire is not in as well.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2016 11:29 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I heard somewhere that there's going to be a multiplayer map for Anzac Cove, Not sure about the actual story mode for the Australian stuff.

Last edited by Kazenji on Jun 20th, 2016 at 12:45 PM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2016 12:32 PM