KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Battlefield 1

Battlefield 1
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 08:51 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

This game is absolutely stunning. It has some of the finest maps i've ever played. Just wish the campaign was a bit longer.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 11:13 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, this game is awesome.

And yeah, most maps are pretty damn stellar.

I wish the campaign was longer as well but it was a pretty sweet ride and the tank war story is freaking amazing. Really well done. I also liked the airplane war story too. The last one though is fantastic in my opinion. Sniping enemies from afar just felt great and the amount of ways you can do things was a welcome edition.

But....that operations mode is the best. I loved how it combination of rush and conquest with a cool mechanics of sectors and the amount of defense/attacks.

It's a very good game.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 11:24 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Does anyone know exactly how the take downs work? I'm sick of melee'ing someone two or three times just for them to turn around and stab me in the heart lol

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 11:41 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm not sure.

I think it depends on what melee weapon you have. If it's a knife than it's faster but less powerful while the hatchet is the other away around.

I think if you attack from behind it's instant death but if you attack from in front, it depends on factors like weapon type and if the other player reacts. And I'm pretty sure charges are instant no matter what location.

Personally, I think the melee system is better in this game than the other. It felt in BF4 that the melee animation was always blocked if you attacked from the front.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2016 02:39 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Fking love this game.

PWNT

Old Post Oct 29th, 2016 05:04 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

This game is amazing.

About the takedowns like another poster said, it seems to be a instant kill if you can sneak up behind them. A bayonet charge kills them in one shot.

What class do ppl prefer?

Old Post Oct 29th, 2016 08:52 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Edited the title.

I just bought this game today for PS4 and I'm currently installing it. I've heard a lot of good shit about this franchise and this is my first time playing any of the games.

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Oct 30th, 2016 at 06:38 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2016 06:32 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Really?

Holy shit. Well, Battlefield 1 is like a new updated version of Battlefield 1942 using WW1 as subject matter.

Such a great series. Multiplayer has this "choas" aspect to it that no other series has even whiffed at. Most other shooters matches play out roughly the same way. However, in Battlefield, crazy shit is the norm.

For instance, just tonight I got over 40 kills in an Operations. Not because I'm amazing but due to me being the light tank overlooking a point. For some reason the other team were not going after me and I was just murdering them.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2016 02:53 AM
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Edited the title.

I just bought this game today for PS4 and I'm currently installing it. I've heard a lot of good shit about this franchise and this is my first time playing any of the games.
It will be rough at first, but once you get the flow of gameplay and find a weapon you like, you will murder the fk out of others.

No multiplayer game comes close

Originally posted by Insane Titan
This game is amazing.

About the takedowns like another poster said, it seems to be a instant kill if you can sneak up behind them. A bayonet charge kills them in one shot.

What class do ppl prefer?
Scout and support for me, but for the first time, all the classes are all pretty great

PWNT

Old Post Oct 31st, 2016 03:25 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by Arachnid1
It will be rough at first, but once you get the flow of gameplay and find a weapon you like, you will murder the fk out of others.

No multiplayer game comes close

Scout and support for me, but for the first time, all the classes are all pretty great
thumb up same for me, at first I wanted to snap my controller in half lol.

Assault and scout for me, like the shotguns best of all.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2016 06:20 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

This game needs a patch. It's such a pain in the ass not be able to quit a game in between matches. You should also be able to choose what medal you want to work towards. It's so annoying when the medals keep changing between matches or game types. You also shouldn't have to unlock the medal achievements in order.

The spotting function also needs tweaked. That used to be such a tactic in past games. In this game i be standing directly in front of someone and i won't be able to spot them, other times, however, i can call out an enemy that is across the map and nowhere near my reticle.

The most annoying element that Battlefield has NEVER offered is the ability to customize loadouts and classes at the main menu or in between matches. It makes no sense that the only time i can edit loadouts is during a match.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Nov 10th, 2016 at 11:50 AM

Old Post Nov 10th, 2016 11:47 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

They are adding the ability to customize loadouts after starting the game.

But I don't agree with spotting. I like how you have to actually see them before spotting. In BF4, it was too much. It's really hard to actually surprise somebody when you can be spotted through a door in a gas filled room.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2016 12:50 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Smasandian
They are adding the ability to customize loadouts after starting the game.

But I don't agree with spotting. I like how you have to actually see them before spotting. In BF4, it was too much. It's really hard to actually surprise somebody when you can be spotted through a door in a gas filled room.

Thats good to hear. I still can't believe that Battlefield has never had this option.

Yeah, the spotting in past Battlefields was broken but at least it worked. If i wasn't shooting i was mashing the Spot button. The area and distance required to spot enemies was too broad. This time it rarely works regardless of how close the enemies are. I get killed more times than not when i try to spot enemies

Old Post Nov 12th, 2016 03:06 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Do you guys need to sign up with an EA account in order to play the multiplayer or can you play without the EA account? Is that what's required for other shooters like Titanfall 2?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Nov 19th, 2016 at 02:25 AM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2016 02:15 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I didn't have to sign into or register for anything.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2016 06:22 PM