KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Expanse (Thomas Jane)

The Expanse (Thomas Jane)
Started by: The Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Squirrel Fart

The Expanse (Thomas Jane)

with Thomas Jane

checking this out, it looks like a really good sci-fi show

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 04:59 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Have my dvr set to record the first ep; if it's decent enough, will keep watching.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 05:07 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I liked it. The first episode is already out.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 05:13 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

eps 3 and 4 got leaked so I watched them.

some thoughts:

- its a slower paced show which threw me off a bit (its a space opera, which i didnt know). i was expecting it to be a little quicker

- acting wasn't bad. even though jane is the shows main draw, i found his performance to be average and nothing special

- the cgi was pretty good for the most part and average at times

- the story was pretty good and has me intrested

i will prob watch it till the end of the season. although, i couldnt watch ep 2 so i skipped it and i didnt miss much. may skip some eps to watch the final

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Dec 15th, 2015 at 10:09 PM

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 10:07 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

dvr'd last night, will dvr the other eps and watch later in the week

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 11:02 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Poor Thomas ....appearing in a SyFy movie.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 01:41 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

SyFy shows have been pretty awesome lately. Especially the Friday Night block. Defiance. Dark Matter. Killjoys. Etc...

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 01:43 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

trailer for the new season

Old Post Dec 7th, 2016 11:42 PM
Squirrel Fart

this has been picked up by nexflix. thumb up

http://www.jamessacorey.com/expanse-streaming/

‘The Expanse’ Acquired By Netflix For Global Distribution
expanse streaming If you were following the news out of NYCC last week, you may have already heard the big news: Netflix has acquired the global streaming rights to ‘The Expanse.’ Beginning on November 3rd fans will be able to stream the first season except the USA, Canada, and New Zealand.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2016 12:51 AM
Squirrel Fart

thumb down to the limited distribution rights, can't stream in north america

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Dec 8th, 2016 at 01:01 AM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2016 12:57 AM
Squirrel Fart

this looks good! can't wait for the new season thumb up

Old Post Dec 10th, 2016 11:38 PM
Arachnid1

Has anyone been watching this? It's actually damn good. It's based off a book series called the expanse (first two seasons based off Leviathan Wakes, the first book). The book is cowritten by GRRMs writting assistant.

PWNT

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2017 12:33 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

I watched the first episode a long time ago. Never continued, but probably should give it another chance.

I really like Dark Matter.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2017 02:53 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I watched the first episode a long time ago. Never continued, but probably should give it another chance.

I really like Dark Matter.
You really should. I got all caught up in the show and it blew me away enough for me to go out a buy the entire book series on my kindle. It really is something special. Especially episode from two days ago. Amazing special effects for that battle

PWNT

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2017 10:27 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Has anyone been watching this?

you and i are the only ones that are watching this show from KMC

season 2 so far is much better than the first one

this show is really good sci fi thumb up

my only issue with this show is the acting, very wooden actors, a bunch of no name actors other than thomas jane. and this is the only thing that is preventing the expanse from becoming an amazing show.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2017 12:47 AM
Squirrel Fart

the last two eps were really good thumb up

good writing thumb up

Old Post Feb 10th, 2017 01:25 AM
Arachnid1

Jesus @ last episode

(please log in to view the image)

Originally posted by The Nuul
the last two eps were really good thumb up

good writing thumb up
My bad man, never saw your replies. This show has been great. More people definitely need to get on this

PWNT

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 02:37 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by KingD19
SyFy shows have been pretty awesome lately. Especially the Friday Night block. Defiance. Dark Matter. Killjoys. Etc...

Yeah, and I f*cking miss Defiance.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 04:50 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

sad

i already know what happens to [SPOILER - highlight to read]: miller because i've read the first book. i am going to be pissed and stop watching if they have killed him on the show. he was the best character on the show and best actor in this series.

now this show is without an a listed actor... thumb down

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Mar 1st, 2017 at 01:24 AM

Old Post Mar 1st, 2017 01:22 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

LoL @ Null reading books. Right.

This show is just good enough to keep watching, not great, but it piques your interest to see where the plots are going.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 1st, 2017 05:37 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote