KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » THE FORCE AWAKENS - discussion with SPOILERS!!!

THE FORCE AWAKENS - discussion with SPOILERS!!!
Started by: queeq

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
The arm OB1 cut off in ANH (cantina scene) had blood all around it on the floor.

Yeah, but lightsabers cauterize wounds after that instance.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 01:07 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by JediRobin23
http://youtu.be/VEIrQUXm_hY

Sounds like Lucas is making it quite clear ep 7 was just all about the money. Sure worked well by making it similar to anh, or the guarantee

Oh, how I miss the days of Lucas delivering us something that has never been done before...

i don't know how you gathered that that's what he was saying, because he wasn't.
as far as the similarity to ANH:

"You see the echo of where it all’s gonna go. It’s like poetry. They rhyme." -george lucas (referring to the similarities of the PT films to the OT)

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 02:53 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

"I *sold* them to the white slavers"

Bro he hates them lol

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 04:19 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Lord Stark

"I *sold* them to the white slavers"

Bro he hates them lol

that look after he said that. "ooooh did i just do something completely unethical right there? shit. hope i don't get sued"

still, the initial claim about what he said was just false.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Dec 28th, 2015 at 04:26 PM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 04:21 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

I knew he was butthurt, but Jesus George! laughing

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 04:26 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

seller's remorse, i guess.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 04:27 PM
queeq
Chaos

I don't feel sorry for him. He gave us something great, he made a ton of money, he can do whatever he wants.
And here I am still waiting for those small art movies he wanted to make so badly... well, where are they? It's not like he hasn't had the time or money to do them...

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 04:51 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You know, I'd still like to see GL make a Star Wars film. The franchise is wide open now; he could make one of the spin-offs.

He won't, of course, but I'd have been interested.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 05:58 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Ushgarak
You know, I'd still like to see GL make a Star Wars film. The franchise is wide open now; he could make one of the spin-offs.

Yeah I'd be interested as well. I'd like him to do Star Wars: Yoda.

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 06:07 PM
queeq
Chaos

Nah... George needs to show us he can still make a great movie. Like THX was, like American Graffiti was, like the OT was, like the Indy movies were.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 07:50 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I greatly enjoyed this movie. Although Han getting killed at the end got spoiled for me the day before I went to watch the movie

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 01:59 AM
Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well, I thought the death was better the second time.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 03:01 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Yeah I still enjoyed the scene itself. I thought it was well shot and acted all around. The moment Han thinks he is getting through to his son. Then you see the last remnants of the sun dry up as darkness overtakes Ben's face. I thought it was great symbolic imagery for what was about to happen. And the look on Han's face when Kylo runs him through.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 03:25 PM
Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

it was a bit too obvious to me what was about to transpire, which kinda took away from the tension. maybe it was the whole scene with a bridge over the bottomless chasm, sans-railings, that laid it on a tad thick.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 04:24 PM
Angelalex242

Well...what I want to see out of eps 8 and 9 is a restored Jedi Order, preferably with Luke teaching not only Raye but a bunch of others. For Luke's story to end any kind of well, he's gotta have a new Order going before he dies. Not that it's any sure thing, of course. If something happens to Mark Hamil, that's all she wrote.

Still, I read an essay from a guy who noted what I noted.

Basically, from ROTJ, it's ALL downhill for the original cast. Luke tries and fails miserably to rebuild the jedi. Han and Leia have a kid who turns evil and break up over it. The big 3 are all living lonely, painful lives. And for Han, it will never get better. His story is over. Then again, he's not a Skywalker, so...

Last edited by Angelalex242 on Dec 29th, 2015 at 04:42 PM

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 04:38 PM
Click here to Send Angelalex242 a Private Message Find more posts by Angelalex242 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
it was a bit too obvious to me what was about to transpire, which kinda took away from the tension. maybe it was the whole scene with a bridge over the bottomless chasm, sans-railings, that laid it on a tad thick.

Well, I liked it a lot because of the shots leading up to it. You can see when Han decides to walk out and call Ben, you see that he realises this is an all or nothing shot. That's what makes this scene so great to me. It's the build up... I thought it was tragic. And endearing.

Mind you, this is exactly what Luke did in ROTJ. He went up to Vader to save him and he'd either die doing so or be successful. Han does the same thing here. In the end SW is mainly about love and family. Not about concepts, not about spaceships etc. So to me, this is a mirroring moment from what Luke did. Except... this is a major character change of Han... And therefore: great!

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 07:07 PM
dadudemon

You're getting increasingly speculative there. No Imperial ship was seen to escape as is and the Rebels seemed to have total control of the area. They could have blown away every ship leaving. After all, blowing up the Death Star with the Emperor on it was actually the Rebel's plan. "Bye bye, Mr. Emperor" goes Wedge. Story over.

They;d won the war. That was it. The Emperor didn't have a plan beyond 'win the battle'- there was nothing in particular for Luke to stop. It wouldn't have taken much to give some shenanigans for Luke to shut down, but there was nothing there.

I thought the Emperor's whole strategy with the Battle of Endor was to crush the Rebellion with an "armed and fully operational" Death Star? Meaning, he lured them into a honey pot death trap. It was supposed to seem like the Rebels caught the Empire off guard with their new Death Star but the Emperor had a surprise for the rebels.

It was almost a crushing defeat of the Rebels, actually. They lost some capital ships. If it wasn't for the absurd luck the Millennium Falcon always seems to have (that is a recurring trope for that ship and it is continuing into the ST (sequel trilogy), as well).

The Emperor's character "development" (really, his "static character") was that his arrogance and overconfidence was his undoing. He planned to turn Luke to the Dark Side to replace his cyborg apprentice. He planned to defeat the majority of the rebels at the Battle of Endor. He did not anticipate that Luke would resist the Dark Side. He did not anticipate the absurd luck of the Millennium Falcon. Both of those elements were things he did not foresee. And that was the direct cause of his downfall and the Empire's downfall.

Also, the Emperor reveals that Vader would never leave the Dark Side. Also, the Emperor reveals that it was his plans for the Rebels to discover the secret plans about the shield generator: it was a trap to lure them. Admiral Akbar correctly recognized the Emperor's plan: it's a trap.

Also, Luke wasn't there to stop the Emperor, directly. He was there to try and bring Vader back to the light side (and, indirectly, overthrow the Emperor).

So, yeah, I strongly disagree with your statement about the Emperor's plans. The movie makes it quite obvious what the Emperor's plans are. And his plans are multilayered and complex. His plans should have succeeded. But the damn rebel scum had luck on their side.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 07:13 PM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

You know what would be great? He does some of the smaller projects he's always talked about, and then goes back to do a Star Wars film.

Probably won't happen due to the politics of it though.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 10:45 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by dadudemon
I thought the Emperor's whole strategy with the Battle of Endor was to crush the Rebellion with an "armed and fully operational" Death Star? Meaning, he lured them into a honey pot death trap. It was supposed to seem like the Rebels caught the Empire off guard with their new Death Star but the Emperor had a surprise for the rebels.

It was almost a crushing defeat of the Rebels, actually. They lost some capital ships. If it wasn't for the absurd luck the Millennium Falcon always seems to have (that is a recurring trope for that ship and it is continuing into the ST (sequel trilogy), as well).

The Emperor's character "development" (really, his "static character") was that his arrogance and overconfidence was his undoing. He planned to turn Luke to the Dark Side to replace his cyborg apprentice. He planned to defeat the majority of the rebels at the Battle of Endor. He did not anticipate that Luke would resist the Dark Side. He did not anticipate the absurd luck of the Millennium Falcon. Both of those elements were things he did not foresee. And that was the direct cause of his downfall and the Empire's downfall.

Also, the Emperor reveals that Vader would never leave the Dark Side. Also, the Emperor reveals that it was his plans for the Rebels to discover the secret plans about the shield generator: it was a trap to lure them. Admiral Akbar correctly recognized the Emperor's plan: it's a trap.

Also, Luke wasn't there to stop the Emperor, directly. He was there to try and bring Vader back to the light side (and, indirectly, overthrow the Emperor).

So, yeah, I strongly disagree with your statement about the Emperor's plans. The movie makes it quite obvious what the Emperor's plans are. And his plans are multilayered and complex. His plans should have succeeded. But the damn rebel scum had luck on their side.

Sorry, but that all completely misses the point of what the discussion was about. You'll have to go back and check again I am afraid in order to understand what was being discussed- you will see I even specifically noted his plan to use the Death Star. This is to do with what difference Luke being on the Death Star made to the final outcome of the Battle. Everything you just said there simply confirms the difference was zero, because the Emperor wasn't actually doing anything other than watching- as I say, the plan is 'win the battle', which fails irrelevant of Luke. This isn't about pre-laid plans, it is about relevant activity at that moment.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 10:50 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well, there is the theory that Palpy was so pre-occupied with the Luke-Vader thing that he kinda lost his attention for the battle. And that is why they lost. The two great commanders of the Empire (i.e. Vader and Palpy) busy with other stuff.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2015 09:17 AM