KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » THE FORCE AWAKENS - discussion with SPOILERS!!!

THE FORCE AWAKENS - discussion with SPOILERS!!!
Started by: queeq

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yeah but that's a bit weedy, and still speculative (he never seemed to have any intention of directing the battle- Piett was doing it).

Plus look at the new novel for TFA- Snoke in it saying the Empire fell because of sentiment, which allowed Vader to kill the Emperor. Well, the Emperor would have been JUST as distracted if Vader had not done that, and the Death Star still would have blown. Sentiment be damned- the Empire lost because its plan was crap.

You can tell Luke/Anakin killing the Emperor is MEANT to be this big, universe-changing moment, but the logic of that got lost on film because there is no clear grand-plot consequence for it.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 30th, 2015 at 01:52 PM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2015 09:36 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

No, I know that. Originally the plan was that the OT would end with Luke killing Vader/confronting his father.
The ST was then Luke going in search of the other (his sister - not Leia) so together they could defeat the Emperor. Lucas made a short cut that kinda didn't really work. Even though the scenes are very good. But plotwise SW kinda lost its plot...

Old Post Dec 30th, 2015 10:23 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Stark

"I *sold* them to the white slavers"

Bro he hates them lol
http://www.forbes.com/profile/george-lucas/

You're a billionaire, dude. Stop acting so bitter and enjoy life now.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 30th, 2015 at 05:50 PM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2015 05:47 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

not just bitter, but thoroughly unethical and unprofessional.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2015 06:32 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Wow The Hate is strong on these boards. It was a bad joke, that's all. The guy gave you all what you wanted by selling Star Wars, but you guys still don't leave him alone. So maybe it's not him whose bitter.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2015 06:56 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Sorry, but that all completely misses the point of what the discussion was about. You'll have to go back and check again I am afraid in order to understand what was being discussed-

I read the whole discussion before posting. Thanks, though!

If you go back and read your post I quoted, specifically the second paragraph, you'll see exactly where I disagreed with you.

"win the battle" wasn't all there was to the plan as I clearly outlined.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2015 07:03 PM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Wow The Hate is strong on these boards. It was a bad joke, that's all. The guy gave you all what you wanted by selling Star Wars, but you guys still don't leave him alone. So maybe it's not him whose bitter.
thumb up

Folks should follow George's example and let it go. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 30th, 2015 07:10 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
not just bitter, but thoroughly unethical and unprofessional.
Absolutely.

It almost had a 'child throwing a tantrum' vibe at times.

You cannot possibly watch that clip and think Lucas was joking. It's clear that he was very serious(one awkward chuckle after a terribly misspoken 'one-liner' doesn't change the overall tone of the interview.)

I'm still a huge fan of his creations, but there's no need for him to be so bitter about the new franchise. Keep it classy, George. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 30th, 2015 at 07:23 PM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2015 07:21 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

it's unprofessional and unethical to badmouth a company you just sold your intellectual property/franchise to. that's just a simple fact, regardless of whatever petty accusations you wish to make toward anyone who points it out. deal with it. or get madder and continue whining about it. neither alters the truth.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Dec 30th, 2015 at 07:50 PM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2015 07:41 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

He's clearly disillusioned with an industry that nowadays fails to produce anything particularly original and instead milks old stuff for all it's worth. But that's not the same as being bitter, he clearly no longer gives a damn, and saying he's unethical for hinting at Hollywood's poor practices is just silly. Yes it's pretty unprofessional, but then again he gave them one of the biggest movie franchises of all time, he owes them nothing.

Nor is it as if Disney and co. have been exactly that respectful to him.

Last edited by Beniboybling on Dec 30th, 2015 at 08:46 PM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2015 08:41 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

it's really simple:

if i own a burger-joint franchise, and decide to sell that franchise to you, and then proceed to make public disparaging comments about your company and/or my former franchise, you could be well within your right to sue the pants off of me. this is not an opinion, bruh.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2015 08:51 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

So Lucas has balls, your point?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2015 09:22 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Lucas can still have an opinion of the new movie. He does not have to like the new movie, even though he said he did. Not sure what the big deal is as he is clearly saying company's are all about the money as opposed to creating something from nothing. So, what's new.....

There raking in billions, so what if Lucas says he would have done it differently . That's just Lucas...

Old Post Dec 30th, 2015 10:56 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

This movie's success should prove that the $4 Billion investment they made was worth it. They will make back that $4 Billion in about 4 years.

After Episode 8, their books should be in the black.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2015 11:10 PM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Beniboybling
So Lucas has balls, your point?

TIL breach of common business ethics, and undermining the company you made a deal with, with blatant defamation, is TOTALLY BADASS! thumb up

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Dec 30th, 2015 at 11:19 PM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2015 11:16 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
breach of common business ethics
Business ethics? Sounds like an oxymoron.

But yeah, it was pretty cool. smile

Old Post Dec 30th, 2015 11:54 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xKGeHuln08A

Perhaps this is where he took his ethics course...😋

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 12:32 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by dadudemon
This movie's success should prove that the $4 Billion investment they made was worth it. They will make back that $4 Billion in about 4 years.

After Episode 8, their books should be in the black.

I think much sooner than that. Don't forget how much the merchandise rakes in.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 04:02 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

And doesn't the 4Bill include Indiana Jones rights as well? I'd say Disney got themselves a bargain with that purchase.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 04:43 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Don’t forget ILM. But yeah, it was a ridiculously good bargain for Disney. Lucas seemed to be far less concerned about how much money he got but rather who got the property. I’m sure if he wanted to put it up for “bid” he would have been able to sell it for far more.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 05:33 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote