KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » THE FORCE AWAKENS - discussion with SPOILERS!!!

THE FORCE AWAKENS - discussion with SPOILERS!!!
Started by: queeq

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Good point on the Lucas touch. This movie had a lot of the anh stuff. The movie got cooler and better as it went on. However, the storyline or plot was very simple. i don't think Lucas could have made this movie better.

Remember Indiana Jones and the crystal skull....

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 09:13 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I do.

And it's a good thing he wasn't involved this time. It's fan fiction now. Let's enjoy it.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 09:13 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

It didn't have as much worldbuilding stuff as the PT, but I loved the two leads, and Kylo Ren was an interesting villain.

One thing I found odd- the good guy military is still, like, 95% human.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 09:17 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Good point. Leia felt his death or pain with the force.
Perhaps why she didn't cry was that she is was a force sensitive being. Yoda. "Mourn them do not, miss them do not"

Oh, Rey's flashbacks once she grabbed the lightsaber obviously means she was left on jakku to protect her from the darkside as she's rens brother, or han/leias daughter as well....

Last edited by JediRobin23 on Dec 18th, 2015 at 09:31 PM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 09:17 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gambler
Galaxy's most wanted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
he just sucks at taking part in a production without holding sway over everything. i would have preferred him stay on board for collaboration, but nowadays he completely lacks the ability to compromise in the creative process. at least as far as star wars goes.

Yes, they sort of told him to piss off. I think he still can contribute as long he's not allowed to control everything, because he's not actors' director. But he knows how it is to feel SW.

Originally posted by queeq
Oh yeah, we all remember Jar Jar. That attracted a lot of fans.

Forget Jar Jar, he wasn't really that relevant to the story, just an idiotic character Lucas created for kids and cash. He had that bad habit to add silly childish moments. I might as well call Ewoks in ROTJ, but ROTJ was still very good, near damn prefect. Despite the damn Ewoks. And Ep I-III although deficient and mediocre had that SW feel to them, somewhere. Don't forget the music! This movie didn't have any of it. ROTS had duel of fates and many more. What did this have?

This movie was still good. No green screen bullshit, cold characters or sleepy atmosphere. 1st part of the movie was especially good. But it failed at explaining the political situation in the Galaxy. A New Hope did that in couple of sentences.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 09:56 PM
Click here to Send Gambler a Private Message Find more posts by Gambler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

great film.. excellent film..

hearing kylo as Han's son wasn't a surprise but I loved hearing it... Seeing Luke at the end made me so happpy

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 11:08 PM
Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Very nice review Queeq. Certainly fair and balanced, which is much appreciated.

I haven't seen it yet. I will probably go to an early morning viewing sometime next week when I can avoid crowds. Going on opening night and feeding off the energy and hype of other people can take any movie and make it better simply because of the crowd energy. You clap and cheer at things you wouldn't otherwise do if you were watching it with only a few other people. I don't want my initial viewing to be skewed because of crowd energy.

Having said that, the positive reviews are a good sign, but hard to tell whether it's just initial hype factor or if it really was that good. Initial reactions to ROTS was that it was the second best SW movie ever made and Lucas had finally redeemed himself. That no longer seems to be the perception of it. I wonder what people will be saying about TFA in 10 years?

Oh well. Still looking forward to seeing it next week.

I like George.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 12:35 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

ok guys my full quick review (again) and opinions on the force awakens

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Ren is not the finished article, we heard he didn't finish the training etc, so it puts him equal with either Luke in Empire or Anikan in Clones. Who trashes a room like a child when things dont go his way.

anyways, as I said before, next chapter should be Skywalker full, him against the New Order?... mmm we'll see

Thank you for the movie JJ, just awesome.

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 01:06 AM
Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

more on my opinion, Rey is most likely a decent of a Jedi MASTER, no way can she conjure up those force powers so quick unless otherwise - I'm putting my money on NOT being Luke's daughter, stick my neck out on being Obi's grand daughter, you never know!

Chewbacca needs a slap or a reality check, his best friend for the past 50 odd year died but simply walked past the fallen's ex/ princess and left it to the new girl to explain all. NO WAY!
Exactly the same when Rey/she went to find Skywalker, doesn't matter he's been missing for ages, leia doesn't want to go but hey we we will send this new chick we met 6 hours ago to Luke's secret place.

Sorry for being negative, I love the movie, LOVE IT!
Roll on Skywalker in the next movie plus the new blood, they were amazing. I loved it all.

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 01:15 AM
Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

Originally posted by JediRobin23
K, Han Solo death hit me went the lightssaber went through him. It was something when ren said "I know what I have to do, but I don't know if I have the strength to do it". Saw his death coming when he said that, but was still shocking to me. Now it seems supreme leader snoke will have to complete Rens training as he needed to kill his father first. He's a puppet just like Vader was, except this time it's snoke running the strings

Now Snoke must be a sith. Wasn't much explanation of snoke in episode 7 as it's obviously setting up for episode 8.

Oh, what's with the blue lightsaber that belonged to Luke? Luke lost his blue one (originally anakins) in esb when Vader cut Luke's hand off. In episode 6 Luke had a green lightsaber. My guess is that Luke built a new one after episode 6...

Alot you said is right mate, Is Han dead? 90% of me says no but then after the bridge fall, the place blows up so Im sure he's out!

ren is.... well lets just say he is not the finished article, smashing up rooms every time he feels out of control or lost, like a child. We only see Vader do this once at the very end of ROTS.
Ren is equal to Anakin in Clones, or Luke in Empire (even tho Ren seems so much more powerful with stopping a plasma blast). As in training or not becoming a full Jedi/Warrior,

As you can tell I could go on forever with missing plots, like R2D2 being sleeping haha, WE NEED HIM.

Force Awakens, I do love it, going to see it at least 2 or 3 times more before I go back offshore. Roll on episode 8 dudes!

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 01:32 AM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Originally posted by Sith Master X
Very nice review Queeq. Certainly fair and balanced, which is much appreciated.

I haven't seen it yet. I will probably go to an early morning viewing sometime next week when I can avoid crowds. Going on opening night and feeding off the energy and hype of other people can take any movie and make it better simply because of the crowd energy. You clap and cheer at things you wouldn't otherwise do if you were watching it with only a few other people. I don't want my initial viewing to be skewed because of crowd energy.

Having said that, the positive reviews are a good sign, but hard to tell whether it's just initial hype factor or if it really was that good. Initial reactions to ROTS was that it was the second best SW movie ever made and Lucas had finally redeemed himself. That no longer seems to be the perception of it. I wonder what people will be saying about TFA in 10 years?

Oh well. Still looking forward to seeing it next week.

You haven't seen it yet, yet your in this thread?
I was glad to not have a hyped audeneince when I saw it. My overall general impression of the film, was it started off slow and it did not get me interested until mid film. It got interesting, then I stated liking things about it. The ending well.....I want to see it again to start analyzing it in depth, but overall, was pretty good.

Lots of Star Wars action, but that does not make Star Wars Star Wars. It sets up for episode 8....

Last edited by JediRobin23 on Dec 19th, 2015 at 02:33 AM

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 02:31 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Discos
ok guys my full quick review (again) and opinions on the force awakens

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Ren is not the finished article, we heard he didn't finish the training etc, so it puts him equal with either Luke in Empire or Anikan in Clones. Who trashes a room like a child when things dont go his way.

anyways, as I said before, next chapter should be Skywalker full, him against the New Order?... mmm we'll see

Thank you for the movie JJ, just awesome.

I believe ep 8 will see Luke train Rey

easily this film is in my top 5 of al time

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 03:39 AM
Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Originally posted by JediRobin23
You haven't seen it yet, yet your in this thread?
I was glad to not have a hyped audeneince when I saw it. My overall general impression of the film, was it started off slow and it did not get me interested until mid film. It got interesting, then I stated liking things about it. The ending well.....I want to see it again to start analyzing it in depth, but overall, was pretty good.

Lots of Star Wars action, but that does not make Star Wars Star Wars. It sets up for episode 8....

I'm in the thread indeed. smile I don't mind spoilers. I spoiled myself to death with ROTS and still enjoyed it. haha

I like George.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 04:36 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Originally posted by Sith Master X
I'm in the thread indeed. smile I don't mind spoilers. I spoiled myself to death with ROTS and still enjoyed it. haha

Well go see it and let yourself decide...

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 05:43 AM
Gambler
Galaxy's most wanted

Chewbacca needs a slap or a reality check, his best friend for the past 50 odd year died but simply walked past the fallen's ex/ princess and left it to the new girl to explain all. NO WAY!
[/B]

My thoughts exactly. I've heard some terrible excuses about the issue from some fans. In reality it's just terrible writing or simply poor knowledge about Han Solo/Chewie duo or SW in general. It's like they're in a hurry to kill off the old Star Wars.

Btw, didn't Luke look like he might have gone mad or, you know, gone to the dark side.

Last edited by Gambler on Dec 19th, 2015 at 11:30 AM

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 11:23 AM
Click here to Send Gambler a Private Message Find more posts by Gambler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

Hey Gambler,

the dark side? no I dont think so I just think he's a lost soul or living in exile like Obi Wan did, just enjoying his peaceful life.

I'm going to guess he'll go back and Leia will convince him what he has to do and destroy the first order.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 12:04 PM
Gambler
Galaxy's most wanted

Originally posted by Discos
Hey Gambler,

the dark side? no I dont think so I just think he's a lost soul or living in exile like Obi Wan did, just enjoying his peaceful life.

I'm going to guess he'll go back and Leia will convince him what he has to do and destroy the first order.

He didn't look like someone, who was enjoying his life. There was some sort of madness in his eyes. Mad hermit.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 01:20 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Gambler
My thoughts exactly. I've heard some terrible excuses about the issue from some fans. In reality it's just terrible writing or simply poor knowledge about Han Solo/Chewie duo or SW in general. It's like they're in a hurry to kill off the old Star Wars.

Btw, didn't Luke look like he might have gone mad or, you know, gone to the dark side.
No, he didn't look like he turned to the dark side. He looked lost and troubled.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 03:39 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well his whole Jedi training school went to sh!t and his cousin student turned to the Dark Side. Maybe Luke felt he did more harm than gold by training new student. I think that is the look he has.

Originally posted by Gambler

Forget Jar Jar, he wasn't really that relevant to the story, just an idiotic character Lucas created for kids and cash.

You forget: "Jar Jar is the key to all this." It is JarJar who gives Palpy his emergency powers... How can you say he is not relevant? Lucas made him relevant. Simply because he is in it and has a part to play in bringing the Empire into existence.

And JarJar and the Ewoks and Dex Dexter and 3PO in the robot factory swapping heads... all that IS George Lucas without any restraint from great professionals around him. People like that with something to say were around with ANH and ESB, less so with ROTJ. And non-existent in the PT. "It's so dense, every shot has so much going on."

Last edited by queeq on Dec 19th, 2015 at 04:17 PM

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 03:40 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I agree he felt like maybe he did more harm than good but avoiding this new enemy and their oppressive ways is moronic. Luke has always been such a pacifist. At least Kylo brings back some badassery to the family.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 04:08 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote