KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » THE FORCE AWAKENS - discussion with SPOILERS!!!

THE FORCE AWAKENS - discussion with SPOILERS!!!
Started by: queeq

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

Oh I agree. Luke would have been better off to stay.

But then, we don't know what happened. Maybe Kylo ran off with Snoke and they started a hunt for him. Maybe to protect his family (Leia, Han, the Resistance) he fled to someplace no one could find him.

I suspect this something that probably will be made clear.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 04:19 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

The force awakens???

Why did they call the movie that?

I mean, why for such an extravagant term when the force was stronger in the other episodes....

Last edited by JediRobin23 on Dec 19th, 2015 at 10:10 PM

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 10:07 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JediRobin23
The force awakens???

I mean, why for such an extravagant term when the force was stronger in the other episodes....

The Force awakens inside Rey.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 10:18 PM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Originally posted by NewLanceWindu
Finns meat saber awakens inside Rey.
fixed

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 10:31 PM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by JediRobin23
The force awakens???

unfortunately we have to wait until ep8 to know for sure what it means. snoke mentions an awakening to kylo. i can only take it to mean 1-the force has somehow become more amplified throughout the galaxy, 2-the living force is affecting the galaxy in some way, or 3-luke using the force in some powerful way for the first time since kylo's turn.

though for #3 im accustomed to it being referred to simply as a 'disturbance', so im betting 1 and/or 2.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 10:45 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

Originally posted by Raptor22
fixed

No, that's Episode XXX.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2015 11:31 PM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by NewLanceWindu
The Force awakens inside Rey.

I'd like to awaken my force inside of Rey.

I'll let myself out.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 01:21 AM
Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just got back from the theater...I want two hours of my life back.

I honestly didn't think Disney would milk the ANH & RotJ cows again.

What is the obsession with the progressively larger lasers blowing up planets; I mean cmon, be original already.

Plot was super dry

I must give props for amazing graphics & animation

Kylo Ren's lightsaber still pisses me off. Also, what's with the raging crap when he doesn't get what he wants? Makes the sith look super immature. Ren is one joke of a sith; was this really the best they could do? 7th sister outclasses him. He seems to have a high potential in the force though.

Poor Han; of all the characters...

Did I mention POOR, over dramatized acting?

I don't really have much to say atm. Disney disappointed with this one.

Force Awakens outclasses TPM and AotC but not RotS and originals.

*sigh*

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 05:06 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

And the cute jokes didn't need to be in there but I'll let it slide since it's Disney.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 05:24 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

quote:
What is the obsession with the progressively larger lasers blowing up planets; I mean cmon, be original already.

Yeah, c'mon Lucas! You already pulled that shit in ANH, why is there another Death Star in Jedi?! According to this, Lucas himself was unoriginal from the beginning.

quote:
Kylo Ren's lightsaber still pisses me off.

It worked great. They even showed how he can use the crossguards to his advantage while the main blade was locked in combat. IE, stabbing Finn's shoulder.

quote:
Also, what's with the raging crap when he doesn't get what he wants? Makes the sith look super immature. Ren is one joke of a sith; was this really the best they could do?

The raging was great. He's not in control of his temper. Honestly, this is how Anakin should have been portrayed in Ep II and III. You do not want to f*ck with this psycho.

Ren is NOT Sith. He's not even fully trained yet, as said by Snoke himself.

quote:
Poor Han; of all the characters...

Harrison wanted Han to die in ESB, he got the death he wanted. This action will reverberate through the rest of this trilogy. A son murdering his own father in cold blood. There is no redemption from that. Kylo is going to grow from here on out.

quote:
Did I mention POOR, over dramatized acting?

Now I believe you didn't even see the movie. Even some of the harshest critics out there have nothing but praise for the wonderful acting from the cast. So much better than the crap in the PT.

quote:
And the cute jokes didn't need to be in there but I'll let it slide since it's Disney.

Star Wars has always had small cutesy jokes littered throughout. At least it's not the fart/poop jokes we got in TPM.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 06:05 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Anakin's emotional outbursts were actually pretty scary in the context of the film, IMO. Butchering all of those Sand People to avenge his mother definitely gave the psycho, unstable vibe, but I also found him struggling to contain his darker feelings pretty interesting and his struggle to be the perfect Jedi he was striving to be. Even though it (obviously) wasn't executed the best way, I think the general concept of what George was going for was pretty solid. Better than Anakin just spazing out on computer consoles with his lightsaber whenever he got angry, at least.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 06:26 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gambler
Galaxy's most wanted

Yeah, c'mon Lucas! You already pulled that shit in ANH, why is there another Death Star in Jedi?! According to this, Lucas himself was unoriginal from the beginning.

You're not taking on the Original Trilogy, are you? He wasn't being unoriginal. That actually made sense. Nobody has ever complained about DS 2. ROTJ had an original story besides the Death Star 2.

Also, did you see the size of Starkiller base/planet? This is one of those instances, where bigger simply doesn't work. Face it, it was a form of rehash. After so many years it is the best those fanboys could come up with? Is Hollywood or sci-fi world in dire need of good writers?

Despite these setbacks the movie was executed rather well. I liked Rey's story, but the main story got a bit boring towards the end (felt like deja vu). Even ROTJ had a task force of rebels attacking the imperial base on Endor. This had just Han, Chewbacca and a rookie ex-stormtrooper. The resistance was poorly depicted, they attacked Starkiller base with a handful of X-wings and actually destroyed the whole planet? There were signs of plot holes and they raised questions, of course. The technical part of the movie was good. If only those beautiful dogfights had a better story to back them up. The battle of Maz Kanata's castle and actually that whole location felt unnecessary. Maybe Luke's importance in all this will be explained, because now I don't see how an aging Jedi master can fit into all this, unless there's more to his abilities, Snoke (stupid name) and the Force in general.

Last edited by Gambler on Dec 20th, 2015 at 11:21 AM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 11:13 AM
Click here to Send Gambler a Private Message Find more posts by Gambler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gambler
Galaxy's most wanted

And they killed Han Solo. The most disappointing thing about it was that it felt like a casual death. I didn't buy father-son relation. It felt forced. They picked a wrong actor to play Kylo Ren, and Kylo Ren himself is a weak antagonist.

I think Han Solo deserved a better demise. In a space battle?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 12:26 PM
Click here to Send Gambler a Private Message Find more posts by Gambler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I'm sorry, but the only thing that would make logical sense from now one is bigger, hopefully less flawed, death stars and death planets and death solar systems. Because there's just no reason why any dark sider would ever be like, "You know what...I don't want a super weapon".

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 04:13 PM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Darksiders will always favor power which is what makes them greater than the Jedi IMO. First Order looks to be a badder force than the imperial forces portrayal wise one film in.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 04:24 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by |King Joker|
Anakin's emotional outbursts were actually pretty scary in the context of the film, IMO. Butchering all of those Sand People to avenge his mother definitely gave the psycho, unstable vibe, but I also found him struggling to contain his darker feelings pretty interesting and his struggle to be the perfect Jedi he was striving to be. Even though it (obviously) wasn't executed the best way, I think the general concept of what George was going for was pretty solid. Better than Anakin just spazing out on computer consoles with his lightsaber whenever he got angry, at least.

Yeah I get what you're saying; destroying your own equipment isn't exactly helping your cause. They could've had him channel his anger more productively.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 05:37 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Gambler
And they killed Han Solo. The most disappointing thing about it was that it felt like a casual death. I didn't buy father-son relation. It felt forced. They picked a wrong actor to play Kylo Ren, and Kylo Ren himself is a weak antagonist.

Disagree, Ham had to die so Rey could se it

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 07:26 PM
Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gambler
Galaxy's most wanted

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Disagree, Ham had to die so Rey could se it

Except for the job he offered here, they had no other emotional connection. There was no time to establish it. His death did not mean that much to her.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 08:27 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Kurk
Yeah I get what you're saying; destroying your own equipment isn't exactly helping your cause. They could've had him channel his anger more productively.

you're suggesting he should have thrown a raging tantrum in a more rational way?
how? by choosing instead to detroy a medical lab like vader?
since when do sith/darkside jedi care about hardware or think clearly when in a rage?
i thought that's what the darkside seduction is all about.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Dec 20th, 2015 at 08:35 PM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 08:32 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Gambler

I don't get the casual death thing. Other have mentioned it. The power of the scene is actually before Han steps out and calls Ben. You see him wondering if he should do something and you see it's his last desperate act as a father to do something. So getting killed came as a surprise to him. But it was probably something Kylo had wanted to do for a long time. Hardly anything casual about it, if you ask me.

And Kylo has got more depth than Vader had in ANH. Kylo is an immature person with a lot of power. That makes him interesting, makes him dangerous and unpredictable. I wanna see more of him. So unlike PT Anakin who was always angry and blamed other people. PT Anakin was not immature, he was mentally disturbed as we see him AOTC and ROTS. Someone who's got a few wires loose in the upstairs server room.

Nope, Kylo is way more interesting than PT Anakin.

Last edited by queeq on Dec 20th, 2015 at 08:38 PM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 08:36 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote