KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Man in the High Castle

The Man in the High Castle
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

The Man in the High Castle

quote:
The story is an alternate history of the world in which the Axis powers won World War II. The United States has been partitioned into three parts: The Japanese puppet state of the Pacific States of America, which comprises the former United States west of the Rocky Mountains; a Nazi puppet state that comprises the eastern half of the former United States; and a neutral zone that acts as a buffer between the two areas, called the Rocky Mountain States.

Has anyone else given this show a go? I'm 4 episodes in, and enjoying it immensely. All the characters, hero or villain, are well done. The story is interesting and shrouded in mystery. The cinematography is beautiful too. I'd highly recommend trying it out.

PWNT

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 03:07 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I only saw the free first episode. Looked allright.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 03:58 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Almost done with the season, enjoying it overall. Show has a couple really dislikeable villains, which is a good thing.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 05:30 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

I watched it and liked it overall. Ending kind of confused me, but I think i'm making more out of it than I should be.

By Stoic

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 09:25 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Here's my theory about the ending:

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The real timeline is the timeline we know. This is a divergent timeline. There is some sort of supernatural consciousness transference going on. Tagomi (the trade minister) is able to figure out how to teleport his consciousness into the real timeline. But the Man in the high castle has been able to do more...bring actual evidence back. And there are at least 3 different timelines being messed with in this show. Because it (the video) showed Joe Blake killing Frank Frink and that never happened. But we know that could not have happened in the real timeline because Nazis' weren't occupying the US in the 60s. So there has to be a minimum of 3 timelines shown so far.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 11:15 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Finished season 1 last night. Solid show, liked the first few episodes more than the last few, but overall definitely worth watching.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2015 11:45 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Here's my theory about the ending:

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The real timeline is the timeline we know. This is a divergent timeline. There is some sort of supernatural consciousness transference going on. Tagomi (the trade minister) is able to figure out how to teleport his consciousness into the real timeline. But the Man in the high castle has been able to do more...bring actual evidence back. And there are at least 3 different timelines being messed with in this show. Because it (the video) showed Joe Blake killing Frank Frink and that never happened. But we know that could not have happened in the real timeline because Nazis' weren't occupying the US in the 60s. So there has to be a minimum of 3 timelines shown so far.

Thats an interesting take that I never thought about. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I just thought the timeline they were living in was the real timeline and the films were made up showing the population what could be if they were to actually revolt. I also thought Tagomi had seen the films and was basically just daydreaming. Your explanation makes more sense. Thanks.

By Stoic

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 12:51 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agusto Pinochet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Idk I havint started it yet but I plan on doing so soon as soon as I finish up Z-Nation. whats the general consensus here on it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF8cf8fEwQU

MUST READ, NONE DARE CALL IT CONSPIRACY by Gary Allen.

http://www.whale.to/b/allen_b1.html

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 11:31 AM
Agusto Pinochet is currently offline Click here to Send Agusto Pinochet a Private Message Find more posts by Agusto Pinochet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote