KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Aethism and Islam

Aethism and Islam
Started by: Time-Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
rat·i·fy verb sign or give formal consent to a treaty, contract, agreement, etc., making it officially valid

I do not think that word means what you think it does.

Orly?

"Slaves obey your masters," is straight from the New Testament.

I think you will find you will have a harder time "using the New Testament" then I will.

Yes that was the law of the land.

Nice try.

Also don't quote scripture at me, cause I will only destroy you more then I already do. I read the bible 3 times from to back.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 02:30 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Those passages in Deuteronomy describe the complete opposite of what Asbestos was saying. God was notvforcing Himself on anyone, but He was protecting His people from the spread of false religion.

The god of the Torah commands that if someone attempts to leave or convince others to leave the faith, that not only should he be executed, but that every person, guilty and innocent, young and old, in the entire city should be executed as well, and the entire town burned to the ground, never to be rebuilt.

The god of the Quran simply takes this one step further and commands believers to force non-believers to join the faith or die.

How is the latter somehow more egregious than the former? Both commands are completely immoral and absolutely abhorrent. I fail to see how Christians have the high ground here.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 02:36 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Yes that was the law of the land.

Nice try.

Also don't quote scripture at me, cause I will only destroy you more then I already do. I read the bible 3 times from to back.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 02:54 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 02:55 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
For some odd reason, I noticed that most atheists are pro-Islam, pro-Buddhism, pro-any-religion... except Christianity. It's like Christianity is their worst enemy. They treat Christians like they're the scum of the Earth. They always use the Crusades of the ol' Roman Catholic empires as an excuse for the CURRENT situation regarding Islamic terrorist attacks.

Past is past, people. Get over it. The Crusades are long over. It's time we accept that Radical Islam is the enemy, and has to eliminated at all costs, innocent lives be damned.

Here is the thing you don't get though. Christianity is focused on because that religion has a vastly larger effect on this country then Islam or anything else. You see Radical Islam is the enemy, but you say it as if it's the only threat. Christianity represents are different kind of problem, it's more subtle..not something physical.

As much as people might be afraid of terrorists, Christianity has far more of an effect on the everyday lives of people in this country.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 04:26 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Surtur
Here is the thing you don't get though. Christianity is focused on because that religion has a vastly larger effect on this country then Islam or anything else. You see Radical Islam is the enemy, but you say it as if it's the only threat. Christianity represents are different kind of problem, it's more subtle..not something physical.

As much as people might be afraid of terrorists, Christianity has far more of an effect on the everyday lives of people in this country.

Also, consider location- Which atheists is one hearing from? American, sometimes European atheists, mostly, right?

I.e. they are people who grew up surrounded by Christians and are often former Christians. They focus on Christianity because it's what they know.

Atheists from Indonesia, Turkey, etc. will complain about Islam more because that's what *they* know. India? Hindu- and btw, I do a group of wandering atheists in India who travel around disproving mystical feats (stuff like sticking needles in the tongue, or pulling a vehicle with hooks in the flesh without bleeding) by performing them, and then explaining the science behind them.

To paraphrase one standup comedian-
"People sometimes ask me, 'you do jokes about all these other groups, why don't you do jokes about Muslims?', and I tell them,
'I don't do jokes about Muslims because I don't know anything about Muslims and neither do you.' "

Most English speaks know, at best, a very rough sketch of what Islam is like, and even of those who know more, they often only know about one or two particular cultures. An Indonesia Muslim- biggest Muslim culture in the world- is a fairly different thing from a Pakistani Muslims from a Turkish Muslim from an Egyptian Muslim.

Plus, of course, there's often big religion debates and groups within the same countries!

Consider, say, having a Mormon, a Roman Catholic, a Quaker, and a Southern Evangelical, and talking to all of them as if they all focused on the same things and had identical beliefs. Only, not even having enough knowledge of them to know what they had in common, but having to rely on second-hand accounts, and/or work on the similarities between it and Christianity.

That's pretty much where most people are. They don't *know* Muslims, let alone the real ins-and-outs of the religion.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 05:29 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Proof?

Me.

Originally posted by Star428
LOL. No, it isn't. Muslims started that shit but I'm not surprised that you're one of those who buys into that anti-Christian propaganda bullshit that claims Christians were the instigators of that conflict.

See above.

Though, just to specify, I was referring to this:

But yes, every single liberal here is pro Islam and Anti Christianity.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 05:34 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ur pro Islam

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 06:04 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Ur pro Islam

Yes. And pro-Christianity. And pro-Buddhism, Hinduism etc.

So your point is still wrong.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 06:09 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

It certainly seems like he is while also being anti-Christian. He's not alone though. Seems like the overwhelming majority of people who post in GDF or religion forum are the same way. Of course, they're all left-leaning. Another big surprise.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 06:12 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

quote:
The United States is a Republic, not a democracy. Article 4 Section 4 of Constitution: "The United States shall guarantee to every state in this union a Republican form of government..." The Pledge of Allegiance also clearly states the U.S. is a Republic. Beware of people who try to convince u you we are a democracy. They may try to take away your inalienable rights in the name of "the greater good".
If you can't defend your rights then you don't really have any. Never give up your God-given inalienable red, white, and blue American right to bear arms.

God bless the USA. thumb up

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 10:56 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Exactly, Asbestos... Exactly. Israel too.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 11:17 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agusto Pinochet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Aethism and Islam

Is the Aethism movement using Islam to defeat Christianity through political correctness and linsky tactics.

Yes. Notice how everything atheists accuse Christians of doing muslims do 100x worse. Even liberals like Sam Harris and Bill Maher say that liberals are pro-islamic.

Clearly the reason the left backs islam is as a way to neutralize/suppress Christianity. However they will be singing a different tune when their kids start getting raped by radical muslims.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 11:21 AM
Agusto Pinochet is currently offline Click here to Send Agusto Pinochet a Private Message Find more posts by Agusto Pinochet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

I think i might convert to Islam.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 11:41 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Past is past, people. Get over it. The Crusades are long over. It's time we accept that Radical Islam is the enemy, and has to eliminated at all costs, innocent lives be damned.
So we hate radical Islam for taking innocent lives, so the solution is to destroy radical Islam at whatever cost to innocent life.

And you still consider yourself the good guy?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2015 12:08 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agusto Pinochet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Most liberals/atheists are not smart enough to see every sterotype they have about Christians applies to Muslims just 10X more extreme. Thats just a fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF8cf8fEwQU

MUST READ, NONE DARE CALL IT CONSPIRACY by Gary Allen.

http://www.whale.to/b/allen_b1.html

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2015 04:50 AM
Agusto Pinochet is currently offline Click here to Send Agusto Pinochet a Private Message Find more posts by Agusto Pinochet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agusto Pinochet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
So we hate radical Islam for taking innocent lives, so the solution is to destroy radical Islam at whatever cost to innocent life.

And you still consider yourself the good guy?

A real solution

http://conservativetribune.com/japan-shut-down-islam/

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2015 04:50 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by Agusto Pinochet
Most liberals/atheists are not smart enough to see every sterotype they have about Christians applies to Muslims just 10X more extreme. Thats just a fact.
Who are you the sock account of?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2015 04:53 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Agusto Pinochet
A real solution

http://conservativetribune.com/japan-shut-down-islam/
So banning people from immigrating because they believe in a different religion and we're afraid of them... makes you the good guy? How is that not just the lesser of two evil solutions?

"America the brave" lol

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2015 06:00 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Are you saying Japan is the bad guy, just because they do not accept Muslim immigrants?

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2015 06:29 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote