KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Who is Snoke?

Who is Snoke?
Started by: Darth Abonis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Don Draper
Old Fashioned

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
I thought the existence of Mortis and The Ones in TCW showed us that both sides(light and dark) are needed to maintain proper balance on a universal level..? /shrug
I don't recall this being stated in the shows though. It was implied, sure, but implications can be interpreted differently.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2016 03:41 PM
Click here to Send Don Draper a Private Message Find more posts by Don Draper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Apparently Serkis has already said Snoke's not Plagueis:

http://comicbook.com/2016/01/06/and...darth-plagueis/
Nah all Serkis has said is that he's a new character in the universe, but was around during the events of prior movies/is aware of them.

Granted Plagueis is not is technically not a new character in the Star Wars universe (though he's never appeared in Canon) I don't believe Serkis has flat out said the theory is wrong.

Wouldn't be the first time someone's played coy like this either. *shrug*

Old Post Jan 6th, 2016 04:14 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Don Draper
I don't recall this being stated in the shows though. It was implied, sure, but implications can be interpreted differently.

The Father: "A family in balance. The light and the dark. Day with night. Destruction embraced by creation. [...] Too much dark or light would be the undoing of life as you understand it."
-TCW: S03E15

The Father: "As the balance of [Mortis] crumbles, so shall war escalate in your galaxy. As my Son has descended into the dark side, so have the Sith gained strength."
-TCW: S03E16

As for the scale in which The Family operates...
The Father: "You cannot imagine what pain it is to have such love for your children, and realize that they could tear the very fabric of our universe."

The Father: "Do not underestimate my Son. He will seek your ship to escape our isolation, and sow terror through the universe."
-TCW: S03E17

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 6th, 2016 at 04:30 PM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2016 04:19 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Don Draper
Old Fashioned

Ah so the the son and daughter's powers were directly linked to the jedi and sith of the galaxy? interesting. i forgot about that.

i stand corrected. thumb up

Old Post Jan 6th, 2016 04:26 PM
Click here to Send Don Draper a Private Message Find more posts by Don Draper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Mortis was a nexus point --a terminus of sorts-- for the entirety of the force...
Kenobi: "What is this place [Mortis]..?"
Qui-Gon(Ghost): "Unlike any other, it is a conduit through which the entire force of the universe flows."

And The Ones served as universal anchorites for the dark and light sides of the force respectively...
The Father: "My children and I can manipulate the force like no other. Therefore, it was necessary to withdraw from the temporal world and live here as anchorites."

That's why it was so important to keep BOTH sides balanced on Mortis. If the Son(dark) or Daughter(light) gained too much power/influence/control, it skewed the force-flow of the entire material universe. That's why the Sith became more powerful after the Son went full-evil and inadvertently killed the Daughter--the scales on Mortis tipped heavily in favor of the dark side, and the Sith were amped as a result. This was extremely dangerous because, as The Father said, "too much dark or light would be the undoing of life as you understand it."

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 6th, 2016 at 04:55 PM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2016 04:45 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Nah all Serkis has said is that he's a new character in the universe, but was around during the events of prior movies/is aware of them.

"during the course of the interview they say they were told by him that there is no connection between the two."

Not given Serkis's direct quote on the matter though.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2016 06:26 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

A flat out lie is more stupid than not revealing the truth. So I believe Serkis. Smoke is a noob.

Last edited by queeq on Jan 7th, 2016 at 09:35 AM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2016 09:10 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Darth Thor
"during the course of the interview they say they were told by him that there is no connection between the two."

Not given Serkis's direct quote on the matter though.
Yeah I imagine that is just the spin they are putting on it, I can find no record of him mentioning Plagueis anywhere aside from EW's claim.

Last edited by Beniboybling on Jan 7th, 2016 at 09:31 AM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2016 09:28 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

He did say Snoke is a 'new' character. That 'Snoke is just Snoke'.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2016 09:35 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Yeah, but its the implication Plagueis was mentioned that I doubt.

Now how much that is a red herring though remains to be seen. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.

Last edited by Beniboybling on Jan 7th, 2016 at 12:21 PM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2016 12:18 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Yeah I imagine that is just the spin they are putting on it, I can find no record of him mentioning Plagueis anywhere aside from EW's claim.

It seems you're right.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2016 01:41 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Nah...

Old Post Jan 7th, 2016 03:05 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Saw something stupid today.....

http://movieweb.com/star-wars-force...ke-darth-vader/

I blame the Internet for this....

Old Post Jan 8th, 2016 05:15 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

It's even worse than the Kylo is Luke nonsense.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2016 05:21 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Originally posted by ares834
It's even worse than the Kylo is Luke nonsense.

Glad you feel that way.....

Last edited by JediRobin23 on Jan 8th, 2016 at 06:50 AM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2016 06:47 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Silly SW fans going ape sh!t on new characters. They can't handle all this confusion with new characters. At least everyone in the PT was connected to something we knew. All the new Jedi had at least Yoda to guide them, the clones... wow, they are all little Boba Fetts... phew...

Old Post Jan 8th, 2016 09:16 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by JediRobin23
Saw something stupid today.....

http://movieweb.com/star-wars-force...ke-darth-vader/

I blame the Internet for this....
Two characters share superficial physical characteristics. They must be the same person! Think about it, have we even seen Vader and Snoke in the same room before? Vader never said he couldn't fake his moral redemption and then come back as a malevolent ghost.

That author clearly had a deadline to meet.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2016 09:03 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

The SW universe is too small to handle new characters!!! AAAAHHHHH... they must all be related!!!

Old Post Jan 8th, 2016 09:08 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Luckily that will never happen, because only light Force ghosts exist in canon, and this joke won't haunt anyone by being true.

Last edited by FreshestSlice on Jan 9th, 2016 at 01:09 AM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2016 01:07 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by queeq
laughing out loud

The SW universe is too small to handle new characters!!! AAAAHHHHH... they must all be related!!!

poe and finn are actually half brothers, sons of lando. omg please be true. i need for all the characters to have contrived origins. admiral ackbar is jar jar's uncle. tarkin is rey's uncle. bb-8 was made by boba fett from parts he stole from c-3p0 in bespin. more. i need more. *compulsively scratching self* c'mon baby just another taster.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2016 01:25 AM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote