KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » How old is the Earth?

How old is the earth?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
6,000 years (as stated in the Bible) 5 14.29%
4.5 billion years (as stated in science) 30 85.71%
Total: 35 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

How old is the Earth?
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by meep-meep
The Earth is so old she took her drivers' test on a dinosaur.

20 seconds later the dinosaur was murdered and eaten by cavemen.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2015 05:53 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by Surtur
20 seconds later the dinosaur was murdered and eaten by cavemen.
His name was 'Starsie'.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 24th, 2015 05:59 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
meep-meep
What are you angry about?

Starsie so old he got his bible signed by Jesus.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2015 06:12 PM
meep-meep is currently offline Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

100 reasons why evolution is stupid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga33t0NI6Fk

The speaker in that video is an extremely smart guy who has studied both science and religion. If you're not interested in hearing him talk about the Bible then just fast forward to about the 2:00 mark in video. He starts giving many scientific common sense reasons why macro-evolution is stupid. He starts by breaking down the six different types of evolution:

1. Cosmic evolution
2. chemical evolution
3. Stellar and planetary evolution
4. organic evolution
5. macro-evolution
6. micro-evolution

...then he destroys one-by-one the arguments for each one and explains why all of them (besides the last one)doesn't make any sense whatsoever. For the most part, he uses SCIENCE to destroy the arguments for each one. As for the last one, micro-evolution, he acknowledges that there's plenty of proof for that (as do I) but then goes on to explain why the name "micro-evolution" is not a good description of what actually takes place. Adaptation is a much better term to use for number 6.

As he points out in the video, Darwinian evolution-that is, the first 5 types above are nothing more than a religion since it is based on assumptions/beliefs and no proof whatsoever. It's a highly educational video and very entertaining as well. Highly recommended.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Dec 24th, 2015 at 06:25 PM

Old Post Dec 24th, 2015 06:14 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

What a shame. You called me a childish name so now I have to put you on ignore. How unfortunate. sad

Have a Merry Christmas, you asswipe. smile

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Dec 24th, 2015 at 06:21 PM

Old Post Dec 24th, 2015 06:15 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Star428

The speaker in that video is an extremely smart guy who has studied both science and religion. If you're not interested in hearing him talk about the Bible then just fast forward to about the 2:00 mark in video. He starts giving many scientific common sense reasons why macro-evolution is stupid. He starts by breaking down the six different types of evolution:

1. Cosmic evolution
2. chemical evolution
4. organic evolution
5. macro-evolution
6. micro-evolution

...then he destroys one-by-one the arguments for each one and explains why all of them (besides the last one)doesn't make any sense whatsoever. For the most part, he uses SCIENCE to destroy the arguments for each one. As for the last one, micro-evolution, he acknowledges that there's plenty of proof for that (as do I) but then goes on to explain why the name "micro-evolution" is not a good description of what actually takes place. Adaptation is a much better term to use for number 6.

As he points out in the video, Darwinian evolution-that is, the first 5 types above are nothing more than a religion since it is based on assumptions/beliefs and no proof whatsoever. It's a highly educational video and very entertaining as well. Highly recommended.

Made a slight mistake above where I said adaptation is a better term for number six. I meant to say that either adaptation or variation is a better term.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2015 06:36 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Star just gave you the best present ever meep.

I also still indeed hope bluewaterrider is full of wonder over all of Star's recent posts...I sure as shit know I am wondering about them myself.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2015 06:38 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

1. Cosmic evolution
2. chemical evolution
4. organic evolution
5. macro-evolution
6. micro-evolution

I wish someone could give me 100 reasons why you are so stupid.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2015 06:52 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
meep-meep
What are you angry about?

Star just gave you the best present ever meep.

I also still indeed hope bluewaterrider is full of wonder over all of Star's recent posts...I sure as shit know I am wondering about them myself.

All it took was a few yo mama jokes. No harm was intended. Just trying to spread some juvenile humor. meh. No foxes.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2015 06:52 PM
meep-meep is currently offline Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Let's ask the oldest being on earth, one that has witnessed all the events some billion years ago. BADABING!

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Dec 24th, 2015 06:57 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Badabing almost sounds like "big bang". Coincidence?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2015 07:54 PM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Every species on earth evolved from the raptor.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2015 08:20 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 24th, 2015 09:48 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Made a slight mistake above where I said adaptation is a better term for number six. I meant to say that either adaptation or variation is a better term.

You don't really need all of that. They can't prove abiogenesis in the origin of life theory. Too many gaps missing for them to successfully reproduce it in a controlled experiment and have it become visble enough to eventually make a life form. We have no clue what the exact conditions were like at that time that made life possible. In that point, there is not much for them to argue against intelligent design.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2015 09:58 PM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I love how Star thinks a "really smart guy" would be talking about how evolution is stupid.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2015 10:14 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
We have no clue what the exact conditions were like at that time that made life possible. In that point, there is not much for them to argue against intelligent design.

There is literally no actual evidence for intelligent design. That is all that needs to be said to "argue against" it. There is not a shred of concrete evidence of this.

The fact we have no clue about what certain conditions were like actually doesn't lend any credibility to intelligent design. This is a mistake I constantly see religious people making. They think the fact we don't have an explanation for something(yet) somehow equates to intelligent design. The other problem is intelligent design in itself doesn't come anywhere close to proving the existence of the biblical God. So it is strange when I see religious people using the phrase when I know deep down they don't believe in intelligent design they believe in the prick from the bible. They just try to science it up a bit because they wrongly assume it lends some kind of credibility to the entire thing.

Intelligent design could mean that whatever created us was a gay pink skinned alien named Bob. I wonder if Star would accept that though? Since he couldn't prove the entity behind intelligent design wasn't such a being.

It's also fascinating how Star can hone in on the people claiming evolution isn't a thing and say they "destroy" the arguments of it, but ALL the people of science who destroy arguments saying evolution isn't a thing? Not a peep about them, those people won't be addressed at all.

I mean I could provide videos of people who believe in evolution utterly dismantling religious people who do not. In an actual debates no less.

Last edited by Surtur on Dec 24th, 2015 at 10:31 PM

Old Post Dec 24th, 2015 10:17 PM
quanchi112
Disney

There is literally no actual evidence for intelligent design. That is all that needs to be said to "argue against" it. There is not a shred of concrete evidence of this.

The fact we have no clue about what certain conditions were like actually doesn't lend any credibility to intelligent design. This is a mistake I constantly see religious people making. They think the fact we don't have an explanation for something(yet) somehow equates to intelligent design. The other problem is intelligent design in itself doesn't come anywhere close to proving the existence of the biblical God. So it is strange when I see religious people using the phrase when I know deep down they don't believe in intelligent design they believe in the prick from the bible. They just try to science it up a bit because they wrongly assume it lends some kind of credibility to the entire thing.

Intelligent design could mean that whatever created us was a gay pink skinned alien named Bob. I wonder if Star would accept that though? Since he couldn't prove the entity behind intelligent design wasn't such a being.

It's also fascinating how Star can hone in on the people claiming evolution isn't a thing and say they "destroy" the arguments of it, but ALL the people of science who destroy arguments saying evolution isn't a thing? Not a peep about them, those people won't be addressed at all.

I mean I could provide videos of people who believe in evolution utterly dismantling religious people who do not. In an actual debates no less.
thumb up

Old Post Dec 24th, 2015 10:34 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
You don't really need all of that. They can't prove abiogenesis in the origin of life theory. Too many gaps missing for them to successfully reproduce it in a controlled experiment and have it become visble enough to eventually make a life form. We have no clue what the exact conditions were like at that time that made life possible. In that point, there is not much for them to argue against intelligent design.

Oh, I agree but just wanted to show that there's a lot more than just that one point you're referring to that proves evolution is nothing more than a religion. The speaker in that video exposes at least a hundred holes in evolutionary so-called "theory".

Old Post Dec 24th, 2015 10:47 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I like how Starsie keeps saying evolution is stupid and false but he also says it's a religion because of it...?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2015 11:11 PM
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Can you please calm down. I know we believe differently, but I don't hold anything against you. Don"t get ip in arms over what is said on here. It is just a discussion board.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2015 01:38 AM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote