KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » LIST YOUR DVD's AND SHARE THOUGHTS

LIST YOUR DVD's AND SHARE THOUGHTS
Started by: chico

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chico
chopper style

I'm running out of places to put all my movies. I started my collection in 2000 first movie I bought was The Matrix, and sadly I continue to buy more and more. I bought Old School and Tears of the Sun last week and this week I'll be buying Narc. Next week I'm looking foward to Intacto and Cowboy Bebop. Not sure yet on Punch Drunk Love.

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Jun 20th, 2003 04:58 AM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

im done with buying movies for a while, next movie ill buy is probably irreversible when it comes out august 5th, then ill buy two towers, alot of the dvd's im going \to be buying is television shows, (family guy, simpsons, mr show) i own too many dvd's as is, ive spent a good 2 grand on them all.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2003 09:36 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

Alot of the movies I buy I find at Blockbuster. Im sure Backfire knows (since he works there) that they sale movies after they have been rented out for awhile. Its a good way to get cheaper DVD's.

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Jun 21st, 2003 09:19 PM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rickidog

Thanks for the info Chico23, I am just going to attempt to upload mine to DVD aficionado now, don't hold your breath though it may take some time....

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2003 02:59 PM
rickidog is currently offline Click here to Send rickidog a Private Message Find more posts by rickidog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rickidog

my list

OK Chico23 here goes...

I have suceeded in putting about a quarter up so far, will update the rest in the next week smile

dvdaficionado just add /dvds.html?cat=1&id=rickidog

(sorry can't make it a link not well known enough yet!!)

thanks for this offer it's made me look at how much I have actually spent on DVDs (lets not start on videos ok) <doh> smile

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2003 04:46 PM
rickidog is currently offline Click here to Send rickidog a Private Message Find more posts by rickidog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

You sure must be a big fan of Star Trek, but the really question remains. Do you own the WHOLE Criterion collection?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2003 11:44 PM
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.h...=1&id=jp678

No laughing at me! sad Today I'm adding Man Show Season 1 to that to. wink stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 24th, 2003 06:47 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rickidog

That's the plan chico ;-)

Old Post Jun 24th, 2003 08:28 PM
chico
chopper style

Your on your way thats for sure.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2003 03:04 AM
chico
chopper style

Nice collection by the way J to the P. I would like to get that family guy season 1.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2003 03:06 AM
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

quote:
Originally posted by chico23
Nice collection by the way J to the P. I would like to get that family guy season 1.

I did just get The Man Show Season 1, Volume 1 today to, cool , your collection is SICKLY HUGE THOUGH! sick stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 25th, 2003 03:57 AM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

Well I'm sorry to report I just went out and bought seven more. I think I have a sickness. I was at wal-mart and had to get Liar Liar and Dazed and Confused they were cheap so no biggie, but I glanced at the new releases and Damned if I didn't buy some of those. They didn't have the man show sadly or I would have got that.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2003 07:58 AM
Scoundrel
Thane Zereil

I currently have 348 DVD's and still buying, I just love the format...

Old Post Jun 25th, 2003 02:01 PM
Scoundrel is currently offline Click here to Send Scoundrel a Private Message Find more posts by Scoundrel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darla
The Master's Favourite

I own the following:

Blow, Boggie Nights, Brazil, Candyman - Farewell to the Flesh, Cliffhanger, Copycat, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Eddie Izzard - Circle, Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, Face Off, Flatliners, The Matrix, Memento, Minority Report, The Man in the Iron Mask, National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon, Se7en, Shakespeare in Love, Stargate - the Movie, Total Recall, Traffic and 12 Monkeys.

This afternoon I might buy The Fugitive and In the Line of Fire, both for £5 (there's a closing down sale near where I work).

It doesn't accurately reflect my favourite filmage, as I started collecting when I lived with someone with a vast collection. I'm also fairly thrifty so I've never bought a full-price DVD, most of the one's I've bought (as opposed to being given) were less than £8.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2003 12:39 PM
Darla is currently offline Click here to Send Darla a Private Message Find more posts by Darla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

I currently own 314 dvds.........and still buying them every day.....I refuse to list them all here.......

btw......for the rest of you with big dvd collections, the smart thing to do is to buy large cd binders.........I have 2 cd binders full, each has a 208 disc capacity...........saves ALOT of room......

Old Post Jul 9th, 2003 03:34 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

yeah thats the problem with my collection I went to the store and bought this gigantic wicker chest and I have filled it and now they are overflowing. Evil do those binders scratch the dvds more than usual?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2003 06:48 PM
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

no.........not a problem........just get a good binder that has soft cottony backs to the pages.....the material on the back of my binder behind my dvds feels almost like socks that how soft they are.........mine are leather binders made by CD Project if that helps..........they cost $27 a pop but well worth it...........I wouldn't get one of the cheaper binders that just have the plastic pages........

Old Post Jul 10th, 2003 02:16 AM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

cool I'll look into that, thank for the info.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2003 04:32 AM
scifigunslinger

In my short life(I'm only 14)I've managed to collect 57 dvds.
Big Hit
The Killer
Better Tomorrow 2
Akira
Gen-X Cops
Gen-Y Cops
Vamp. D 1&2
Brotherhood of the Wolf
Evil Dead 1-3
Desperado
Guyver vol. 1 & 2
Extreme Heist
Equilibrium
Animatrix
Avenging Fist
Cowboy Bebop The Movie

just to name a few

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 06:23 PM
scifigunslinger is currently offline Click here to Send scifigunslinger a Private Message Find more posts by scifigunslinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent-Bob77
Snootchie Bootchies

I have about 330, (including x-files box sets and that as one) i have a list on excel but can't be bothered to do another one! Highlights include Thw Wicker Man in a wodden box, Evil Dead II in a tin and the ultra violent version of Robocop. Buy Family Guy, just bought the last season, number three and it is soooo funny, any season is worth getting though as they are all classic! Worst DVD i bought was Wing Commander, it was cheap and now i know why!!

Old Post Aug 4th, 2003 07:59 PM
Silent-Bob77 is currently offline Click here to Send Silent-Bob77 a Private Message Find more posts by Silent-Bob77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote