KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Pope Francis: "Athiests can go to Heaven"

Pope Francis: "Athiests can go to Heaven"
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
Why are some of you opposed to the idea of an atheist joining you in Heaven?

It amazes me how few have read the Bible.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 04:28 AM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Jesus would be ashamed, huh? What does Jesus say about salvation? You can't choose which scriptures you like and ignore the one's you don't.

You should pretty much just laugh and ignore everything FA says Christian-related. He just loves to troll Christians in religious threads and try to get them riled-up.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Dec 29th, 2015 at 04:55 AM

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 04:46 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

It's all part of his atheist scheme to incite another Crusade to get all the Christians into the Holy Land and get them killed by his Muslim allies.

The sick f*ck.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 10:46 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Originally posted by Star428
You should pretty much just laugh and ignore everything FA says Christian-related. He just loves to troll Christians in religious threads and try to get them riled-up.

Yeah you should listen to Star, he's an expert on trolling.

Howdy!

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 02:03 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Jesus would be ashamed, huh? What does Jesus say about salvation? You can't choose which scriptures you like and ignore the one's you don't.

Jesus died for the sins of all, for he loves all good men and women. His sacrifice was to save all mankind from their sins, not just his followers. The Native Americans had to wait a thousand and a half years to hear the word of Christ, are you telling me all the good-willed people that lived and died during that wait went to hell for the crime of not knowing the word of God?

Howdy!

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 02:14 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Jesus died for the sins of all, for he loves all good men and women. His sacrifice was to save all mankind from their sins, not just his followers. The Native Americans had to wait a thousand and a half years to hear the word of Christ, are you telling me all the good-willed people that lived and died during that wait went to hell for the crime of not knowing the word of God?

All people are accountable to God whether or not they have “heard about Him.” The Bible tells us that God has clearly revealed Himself in nature (Romans 1:20) and in the hearts of people (Ecclesiastes 3:11). The problem is that the human race is sinful; we all reject this knowledge of God and rebel against Him (Romans 1:21-23). If it were not for God's grace, we would be given over to the sinful desires of our hearts, allowing us to discover how useless and miserable life is apart from Him. He does this for those who continually reject Him (Romans 1:24-32).

In reality, it is not that some people have not heard about God. Rather, the problem is that they have rejected what they have heard and what is readily seen in nature. Deuteronomy 4:29 proclaims, “But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul.” This verse teaches an important principle—everyone who truly seeks after God will find Him. If a person truly desires to know God, God will make Himself known.

The problem is “there is no one who understands, no one who seeks God” (Romans 3:11). People reject the knowledge of God that is present in nature and in their own hearts, and instead decide to worship a “god” of their own creation. It is foolish to debate the fairness of God sending someone to hell who never had the opportunity to hear the gospel of Christ. People are responsible to God for what God has already revealed to them. The Bible says that people reject this knowledge, and therefore God is just in condemning them to hell.

Instead of debating the fate of those who have never heard, we, as Christians, should be doing our best to make sure they do hear. We are called to spread the gospel throughout the nations (Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 1:8). We know people reject the knowledge of God revealed in nature, and that must motivate us to proclaim the good news of salvation through Jesus Christ. Only by accepting God’s grace through the Lord Jesus Christ can people be saved from their sins and rescued from an eternity apart from God.

If we assume that those who never hear the gospel are granted mercy from God, we will run into a terrible problem. If people who never hear the gospel are saved, it is logical that we should make sure no one ever hears the gospel. The worst thing we could do would be to share the gospel with a person and have him or her reject it. If that were to happen, he or she would be condemned. People who do not hear the gospel must be condemned, or else there is no motivation for evangelism. Why run the risk of people possibly rejecting the gospel and condemning themselves when they were previously saved because they had never heard the gospel?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 02:26 PM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Jesus also said, No man cometh to the Father but by me.

Jesus does want us to help others, but He was clear concernung the plan of salvation also.

That could be interpreted as, 'Worshipping me gets you into heaven even if you don't do what I say,' but that's hardly the only interpretation.

Another way to read it is, "Doing what *I* say will get you into heaven, will get you into heaven. Doing other than that won't."

Considering elsewhere he talked about doing this or that as getting one into heaven or not, there's a lot of support from Jesus's words for the latter. The one line does not exist in a vacuum.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2015 10:33 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mindset
My path to God is the wholesale slaughter of innocents.

In other words you take after Samson...

He loves killing. But..he loves God too so..bonus?

Be warned though anyone who watches that clip..about 60 seconds in Samson goes on a murder spree. Yes most of those people were innocent, but..he loves God so thumb up

Also holy shit Deliliah looks legitimately retarded.

Last edited by Surtur on Jan 2nd, 2016 at 11:03 PM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 10:59 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

More like a man in drag.

The Bible is f*cked up.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2016 04:06 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Yep

Attachment: 37573_685041110265_30407126_38103510_2042120_n-1.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Jan 4th, 2016 05:22 PM
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by Surtur
... Samson...

Deliliah looks legitimately retarded.

confused

I take it you did NOT actually watch the clip you posted for our viewing?

That wasn't Delilah.

Samson was betrothed to a woman, as your cartoon shows, that the Philistines murdered, along with her father, in retribution for Samson destroying the Philistines' crops with that "firefoxes" stunt.

Samson doesn't meet Delilah until about 20 years later.

The episode you presented derives from Judges 15.

------------------

3 And Samson said concerning them, Now shall I be more blameless than the Philistines, though I do them a displeasure. 4 And Samson went and caught three hundred foxes, and took firebrands, and turned tail to tail, and put a firebrand in the midst between two tails. 5 And when he had set the brands on fire, he let them go into the standing corn of the Philistines, and burnt up both the shocks, and also the standing corn, with the vineyards and olives.

6 Then the Philistines said, Who hath done this? And they answered, Samson, the son in law of the Timnite, because he had taken his wife, and given her to his companion. And the Philistines came up, and burnt her and her father with fire.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passag...mp;version=AKJV

Old Post Jan 4th, 2016 09:22 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

This thread reminds me of the episode of Family Guy where Peter's father argues with the Pope.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2016 04:22 AM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Looks like Star won't be able to put me on ignore in heaven.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 5th, 2016 03:21 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Looks like Star won't be able to put me on ignore in heaven.
laughing

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2016 03:34 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Pope Francis: "Athiests can go to Heaven"

Atheists are capable of a higher morality than Christians because Christians do right because of fear of punishment and hope of reward. Doing right because it is right is more admirable. I don't know why more people can't understand that.

Originally posted by FinalAnswer

This. Silly dogma.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 05:23 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Atheists are capable of a higher morality than Christians because Christians do right because of fear of punishment and hope of reward. Doing right because it is right is more admirable. I don't know why more people can't understand that.

Almost sounds like you're implying people shouldn't live their lives based on some kind of magical retribution that might come from a super powered being.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 05:47 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Surtur
Almost sounds like you're implying people shouldn't live their lives based on some kind of magical retribution that might come from a super powered being.

Crazy notion, isn't it?

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 05:49 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote:
“A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.”

- Albert Einstein

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 06:18 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I get my moral judgement from the commandment of love other people, and that's consistent with my observations of the world as the motivation of moral judgement.

I don't think I'm morally a shittier person than you just because I'm Christian. I know plenty of Christians that are good human beings because they believe it's the right thing to do, not because they spend their time worrying about whether or not they'll go to hell. I've meant plenty of pompous arrogant Christians, plenty of loving Christians, plenty of vitriolic self aggrandizing atheists, and plenty of atheists who are amazing human beings.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 07:35 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

This...

Attachment: guns and bibles-koran.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Mar 9th, 2017 11:33 PM