KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
They already have a pc port, don't they?

Are the remasters supposed to top it? Or simply match it, by cleaning up the visuals and fov?
I believe they're supposed to match it, but I'm hoping its more then that.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 12:19 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Just got me and my pawn to max level, now all thats left is to deck my pawn out in some amazing gear.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 04:07 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

We have a release date: October 3rd.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 02:52 AM
Jmanghan

Comparison video:

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 03:46 AM
Jmanghan

Comparison Video #2:

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 10:42 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gotta be honest, looks less like a remaster and more like a port.. Nothing there says "Must own new experience"..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 11:17 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Gotta be honest, looks less like a remaster and more like a port.. Nothing there says "Must own new experience"..
Agree 110%.

But I think this is the last sales test before they finally move on to Dragon's Dogma 2.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2017 04:05 PM
Gehenna
Sorgo

Just started replaying on PC. Yet again.

Yeah, I agree with that. I think it's yet another probe to see how it can do on the console market. They said they'd seriously consider a sequel if DDDA performed well sales-wise on PC and it was their fastest selling PC title of all-time.

What I think? I think DD2 is already in development but this is to see if they should release in NA/EU markets as opposed to Japan exclusively (like with DDO).

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 10:12 PM
Gehenna is currently offline Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I also think its because Skyrim was just brought back to PS4, and they're bringing DDDA back because of that. I enjoyed this game MUCH more then Skyrim, even if Skyrim is more "polished", it wasn't NEARLY as fun.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 11:05 PM
Jmanghan

In an ideal world, I believe we would get: The original title screen music, the Berserk armor and weapons back, being able to place as many portcrystals as we want, and being able to purchase them during our first playthrough. All mixed with the changes that were added to the PC version. You wanna make a remaster? Add those things to the game, it would further increase the replayability and make the game much better.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 11:10 PM
Gehenna
Sorgo

Originally posted by Jmanghan
I also think its because Skyrim was just brought back to PS4, and they're bringing DDDA back because of that. I enjoyed this game MUCH more then Skyrim, even if Skyrim is more "polished", it wasn't NEARLY as fun.

Yep, me too. Thought it was much more interesting. The soundtrack was better, the combat was better, the story was better, etc.

I mean, it's a smaller world but I loved it much more. Even the general mythos captivated me much more than Skyrim. Don't get me wrong, I still love Skyrim. It's a classic, for me and likely many others. I just think DDDA is tragically underlooked, underplayed, and underrated.

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2017 12:34 AM
Gehenna is currently offline Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

3 days, ya'll.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 03:04 PM
Jmanghan

Game's been released, however I didn't get my pre-order bonus, which is stupid.

Anyway, what do you guys think so far? As good as the PC version or no?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 05:35 PM
Jmanghan

Game's been released, however I didn't get my pre-order bonus, which is stupid.

Anyway, what do you guys think so far? As good as the PC version or no?
Update: Apparently there IS no preorder bonus.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 02:22 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Update: Apparently there IS no preorder bonus.

laughing

Laziest port this gen, it sounds like.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 02:55 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

laughing

Laziest port this gen, it sounds like.
Yup... But buying it means we may get a sequel, or better, Dragon's Dogma online in the west.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 06:33 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's the only reason I'm hoping it sells.

Guardian Heroes was promised a sequel if it sold well, and that was a much much better port with loads of extras, online and everything.

That was around 2008, and still no sequel, so guess it didn't sell well (I doubt best sellers drop down to a buck 35)

Last edited by cdtm on Oct 9th, 2017 at 09:07 PM

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 09:04 PM
Jmanghan

That's the only reason I'm hoping it sells.

Guardian Heroes was promised a sequel if it sold well, and that was a much much better port with loads of extras, online and everything.

That was around 2008, and still no sequel, so guess it didn't sell well (I doubt best sellers drop down to a buck 35)
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is the fastest-selling Capcom PC title of all time, according to Capcom.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 09:50 AM
Gehenna
Sorgo

How is everyone doing with their new playthroughs? I just "opened" Everfall up. Grinding a bit for BBI. Went Assassin for most of the game, gonna switch to MK.

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 02:51 AM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by The Lost
How is everyone doing with their new playthroughs? I just "opened" Everfall up. Grinding a bit for BBI. Went Assassin for most of the game, gonna switch to MK.
I lost motivation to keep playing when I found out there was no save transferring.

It's bad enough that it isn't 60FPS and there's no new content, when they hyped this game up like no one's business.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 08:11 PM