KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Shannara Chronicles

The Shannara Chronicles
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

The Shannara Chronicles

Anybody watch this? I never read the books, even though I am a huge fantasy fan (just wasn't crazy about Terry Brooks' writing style, though I think he's a great world-builder). Watched the first two episodes and quite enjoyed it. Thought it might be aimed at too young an audience but while the target audience is clearly in the 18 - 25 range (as you would expect from MTV) I didn't find myself bored.

Decent acting (some well-known names), decent action, decent story-telling and obviously a lot of money spent on camera work, sets and costumes. Will definitely watch a few more episodes.

And of course - Manu Bennett!

http://nerdist.com/shannara-chronic...ere-review-mtv/

"The long, long, long wait to see Terry Brooks’ words come to life is over.

MTV has finally figured out a way to adapt the legendary author’s best selling Shannara book series into a TV show after its years-long stint in film development purgatory—this is great news, since The Shannara Chronicles is a story that is meant to be told over the course of 10 hours rather than crammed into two-and-a-half.

The epic adventure for good to triumph over evil, the large cast of main and supporting characters who each bring something unique to the story, the sweeping history of all the wars that shaped the world we know into the post-apocalyptic future landscape populated with fantasy creatures … if this was made into a movie, most of the meat that makes the Shannara series so juicy would get left on the kitchen floor."

Attachment: mtv-teases-upcoming-fantasy-series-the-shannara-chronicles-it-looks-freaking-amazing-503275.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2016 08:07 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Haven't, thanks for the info. Looks questionable from the trailer I just saw, but will watch the first one. If anything, my daughter might be into it.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 7th, 2016 05:41 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I have the first ep on the dvr.. will watch satruday after the football games

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 7th, 2016 08:58 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I loved this series, discovered it on netflix. Anyone else?

Old Post Jun 12th, 2019 10:22 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

It's quite good, I've watched seasons 1 & 2. At times it feels like you're watching either Xena, Hercules or Legend Of The Seeker but the good bits are really good. Kind of weird to see the little girl from Pan's Labyrinth all growed up and attractive but it's a good kind of weird I suppose. I've not read any of the books but from what a friend told me the events in season 1 are from the second book so the events of book 1 are either missed out completely or will be revisited in flashbacks at some point.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jun 13th, 2019 02:20 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Unfortunately they won't be revealed cuz the show was cancelled back in like 2017. Pissed me off lol.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2019 05:03 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Poppy the girl in season 1 is fit as ****.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2019 09:27 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah but she becomes a tree. The druids daughter was also hot though.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2019 10:34 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Annoying when shows with hot women get cancelled.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jun 14th, 2019 12:19 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote