KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » WBHulk vs. Barry Allen.

WBHulk vs. Barry Allen.
Started by: lawest9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (28): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Lol...real world logic in a comic book. Hilarious.
Without real word logic then we can't debate comics or anything in existence. You can't prove that Thor is stronger than Bane or that Hulk is faster than Juggernaut without real world logic.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jan 11th, 2016 11:36 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by h1a8
Without real word logic then we can't debate comics or anything in existence. You can't prove that Thor is stronger than Bane or that Hulk is faster than Juggernaut without real world logic.

Real world logic in a comic book.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 11th, 2016 11:46 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Real world logic in a comic book.
Real world logic is basically logic. There is only one kind of logic. Think about it. How else can we prove anything in comics? What type of logic do you think we use?

Anyway, when real world logic can not be applied then we just accept it. But when real world logic can be applied to prove something then we use it.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jan 11th, 2016 11:56 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

You're hurting carver.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2016 07:03 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Flash hits him with a universe. thumb up

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 12th, 2016 07:06 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Magnon
I guess you should first prove that WBH was emitting lethal amounts of radiation, if we start to require proofs.

lethal? well, guess that's never explicitly stated, but it looks pretty damn lethal to me:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...55555-17713.jpg

sue has them in forcefields to prevent them from....what? having bad hair days?

and again here (there are several other examples that clearly show the amount of pure energy and radiation the hulk gives off when he gets to this level of anger), they can't even look at him, let alone approach him and attack him here--and recall--he's not even AT full world breaker yet:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...96477-26850.jpg

as far as barry going intangible and phasing out organs of something--i'd shudder to think of hulk's healing factor at this level and wasn't there a time vision was trapped intangible inside hulk? something about his body being too powerful to get out of? IF that's true, this hulk makes THAT 'powerful' hulk look like a pre-schooler, and i could only imagine what trying to phase inside him would do to barry. could it work? maybe. i'd say it would be very unlikely and far less than that in an actual comic.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2016 06:11 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

You can't have carver, he's my special friend.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2016 06:20 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

His radiation has also melt bullets.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 12th, 2016 06:24 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
You can't have carver, he's my special friend.

pfft. think that ship sailed brah.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2016 06:37 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Leo, me and you will always be on the same boat, bru.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2016 06:44 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by leonidas
lethal? well, guess that's never explicitly stated, but it looks pretty damn lethal to me:

and again here (there are several other examples that clearly show the amount of pure energy and radiation the hulk gives off when he gets to this level of anger), they can't even look at him, let alone approach him and attack him here--and recall--he's not even AT full world breaker yet:

as far as barry going intangible and phasing out organs of something--i'd shudder to think of hulk's healing factor at this level and wasn't there a time vision was trapped intangible inside hulk? something about his body being too powerful to get out of? IF that's true, this hulk makes THAT 'powerful' hulk look like a pre-schooler, and i could only imagine what trying to phase inside him would do to barry. could it work? maybe. i'd say it would be very unlikely and far less than that in an actual comic.
Nice proofs. thumb up

Now explain why the entire city didn't die of radiation poisoning.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 12th, 2016 06:58 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magnon

Originally posted by leonidas

I think you are being dishonest. Where are these Sue's supposed force fields in that scan? I hope you don't refer to the pressure waves coming out of the Hulk. And where's this supposed lethality? The heroes were being pushed back, that's it; no one died. And why bring Vision into this? His phasing is based on a totally different mechanism than that of Flash, and it isn't backed up by the Speed Force. Irrelevant.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2016 06:59 PM
Magnon is currently offline Click here to Send Magnon a Private Message Find more posts by Magnon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

pressure waves? never saw them as that, always saw them as forcefields. you can even see reed pushing against one.......

even if you have a problem with that, carv's scan shows the effects of his body's radiation on BULLETS no less--and again, that is a SEVERELY lesser hulk.

and vision's phasing isn't intrinsically different at all. he willfully decreases his density by separating the atoms in his body. flash increases the atomic energy in his body, thereby forcing space between his atoms and allowing them to pass through solid material. different starting mechanisms, identical results. both remain 'physical' to an extent, unlike, say, martian manhunter who shunts matter away, or a ghost who has no 'matter'.

@galan: i always wondered the same thing... embarrasment comic book physics? i know i'm forgetting an instance where the radiation coming off him had impacts on someone directly. can't recall for the life of me where though.... i know in the exiles, hulk's free-flowing radiation prevented blink's power working on him, and was killing mimic....

i'd look harder but...i don't care all that much about this topic. laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 12th, 2016 07:15 PM
DarkSaint85

I saw them as shockwaves - the circles are curved the wrong way to be forcefields.

As for the radiation, I seem to recall that's why the Gamma Squad were so mad at him.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2016 07:50 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

they look like domes to me i guess you guys could be right. regardless, more than enough proof (and like i said, there is a lot more) that hulk emits radiation--at times high level. in worldbreaker? gotta think the rads would be off the charts...

Old Post Jan 12th, 2016 08:10 PM
DarkSaint85

I think your lust for carver is off the charts.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2016 08:11 PM
SSJGGogeta

^ I'd agree with that.

Anyway, I saw someone say that the Speed Force protects Flash from radiation. Which is true. If it didn't, he wouldn't be able to move at the speeds he does, without the nuclear fission from friction completely evaporating him. Plus, I might be remembering this wrong, but didn't he run into the sun and survive or something like that?

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2016 08:17 PM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

The city was evacuated, so there was no humans to feel the radiation.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2016 11:13 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
^ I'd agree with that.

Anyway, I saw someone say that the Speed Force protects Flash from radiation. Which is true. If it didn't, he wouldn't be able to move at the speeds he does, without the nuclear fission from friction completely evaporating him. Plus, I might be remembering this wrong, but didn't he run into the sun and survive or something like that?

ran into the sun? not that i know of....at least not post crisis. if that happened, i'd love to see it. how would he even get there? and i absolutely don't think he's immune to radiation. at all. friction isn't radiation, so i'm not sure where that's coming from. his aura keeps him from being lit on fire as he passes through the air. that's....a far cry from being immune to radiation. iirc he had a run in at some point with the atomic skull or someone like that and he was certainly not immune to whoever's powers they were. dr polaris is certainly affected him and he controls EM radiation. or is barry now only immune to hulk-type radiation for the purposes of this thread? of course he withered away in the classic anti-monitor scene as well, though that may be viewed as being a bit different.

anyway, i've literally no clue where this notion that flash is immune to radiation is coming from. i know flash....pretty well, and i've NEVER seen any indication that he is immune to radiation. i await on panel confirmation of said immunity. if none is forthcoming, the entire idea should be dropped as ridiculous misinformation.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2016 01:44 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ Aside from the Speed Force shielding him from the 'cons' of moving FTL, Flash's suit is also frictionless. Ergo, no self-evaporation when he runs. thumb up

The city was evacuated, so there was no humans to feel the radiation.
Yes, but it takes decadeS(at a minimum) for high-levels of radiation to dissipate to safe levels. Look at Chernobyl, ffs.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 13th, 2016 at 05:52 AM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2016 05:43 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote