KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Author of Dark Empire: Palpatine isn't the most powerful Sith in history

Author of Dark Empire: Palpatine isn't the most powerful Sith in history
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Beniboybling
Worst Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Concession accepted.
I concede you never made an argument. thumb up

Old Post Jan 9th, 2016 07:53 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Argument? No argument is needed. It's a quote, and the quote speaks for itself. laughing out loud

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jan 9th, 2016 08:13 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Indeed, but for unspecified reasons you're incapable of accepting what it says. wink

Old Post Jan 9th, 2016 08:40 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Assuming this guy keeps up with Legends and actually has Facebook, his opinion means diddly squat.

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Indeed, but for unspecified reasons you're incapable of accepting what it says. wink

The irony is so intense that it became palpable in the physical world and wiped out an Ethopian village.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jan 9th, 2016 08:42 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Not sure what the big deal is, honestly. It was fairly obvious to me, at least, that Palpatine wasn't intended to be history's most powerful Sith at the time Dark Empire was written. That was established later on, as the expanded universe developed. The fact that Tom thinks this way isn't surprising at all.

That being said, I'm fairly certain that this is fake.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Jan 9th, 2016 at 09:05 PM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2016 09:01 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by NewGuy01
That being said, I'm fairly certain that this is fake.

reasons tbh. It certainly could be though...
After the Jack scandal with Vitiate, everything is a conspiracy!

Old Post Jan 9th, 2016 09:05 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Because it's Freedon Nadd. That guy is less credible than Revanchiste. If Tom's so easy to contact then I suggest you check with him yourself, if you really care that much.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2016 09:07 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

https://www.facebook.com/tom.veitch.writer

*shrugs* I'll message him then.

Who knows, maybe I can get a Revan > DE Palpatine quote.

(:<

Old Post Jan 9th, 2016 09:08 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Even if you could, it would do you little good. Considering your questions on the validity of both author statements and outdated material, the word of an author who hasn't worked on Star Wars in twenty years is about as useful as a broken condom. At best you could make it into a sillyband.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Jan 9th, 2016 at 09:15 PM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2016 09:12 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Oh, it certainly won't matter drastically on here or CV.

But on YT?

I'll be a godking.

And nah, I think it may have some relevance in debates.

DE Palpatine hasn't been touched since those comics, TBH.

Last edited by Jaggarath on Jan 9th, 2016 at 09:17 PM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2016 09:13 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Why must you insist on bringing further cancer and autism to the YT scrubs?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2016 09:38 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

An army of minions is pleasing to me.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2016 09:39 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

And the one who puts Palpatine an equal to Valkorion as the one trying to figure out which has the slight edge.

What exactly has sparked the whole Valk > Sheev movement?

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jan 10th, 2016 01:17 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

An army of minions is pleasing to me.

100x0=0.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2016 07:09 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Did Vader: The Ultimate Guide go the way of Legends? Because that book did say that Palps was the most powerful Sith in the galaxy's history.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 10th, 2016 06:06 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Most don't consider Valkorion to be a Sith.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2016 06:42 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Which is completely irrelevant given that this thread only pertains to Sith. Gtfo with your not-so-subtle ulterior motives, pleb.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2016 07:45 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

How is that completely irrelevant as it pertains to Galan's remark?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2016 09:11 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Which is completely irrelevant given that this thread only pertains to Sith. Gtfo with your not-so-subtle ulterior motives, pleb.

reported for insulting

Old Post Jan 10th, 2016 09:13 PM
The Merchant

I actually sent a PM to that FB account. He said this:

Tom Veitch

Why are people so obsessed with "the most powerful" -- that's something that applies to superheroes, and the Jedi and Sith weren't superheroes... Also, their powers were constantly changing and evolving, based on their changing knowledge of the Light...or of the Darkness. Cheers.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Jan 11th, 2016 12:53 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote