KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Top Ten Canon Favorite Star Wars characters

Top Ten Canon Favorite Star Wars characters
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cs_zoltan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
By his actions and role he played in the Skywalker legacy. Not because of his heritage or natural force potential.

My point exactly. Being important doesn't mean you'll be shitting on Luke.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2016 01:25 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Calm down. It's just a hunch that she may have similar or superior potential, based on her own feats and that statement of Trevorrow, which suggests her importance is linked to her heritage and force potential, unlike Kenobi.

And by the time she gets to her full potential, Luke will probably be a Force Ghost anyway, so she'll never be "shitting on Luke."

Old Post Jan 15th, 2016 02:11 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Meh, she doesn't need to be the most powerful Force user in mythos to be important.

And frankly more powerful than Palpy and Luke is overkill, I don't think they'll risk making her a Mary Sue.

I'm expecting to her to be a bit more powerful than Kylo Ren.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2016 03:13 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Oh she doesn't Need to be, but if they're both (Ren and Rey) Skywalkers, then I don't see why they couldn't eventually become Luke level. Unless it's a case of their non force parent is diluting the Skywalker potential in them.

For that matter we don't even know how powerful Luke is yet, but the reasonable assumption would be > Yoda/Sidious.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2016 03:34 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Calm down.

Eh? I'm totally calm.

Originally posted by Beniboybling
I don't think they'll risk making her a Mary Sue.

Too late.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2016 03:50 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Oh she doesn't Need to be, but if they're both (Ren and Rey) Skywalkers, then I don't see why they couldn't eventually become Luke level. Unless it's a case of their non force parent is diluting the Skywalker potential in them.

For that matter we don't even know how powerful Luke is yet, but the reasonable assumption would be > Yoda/Sidious.
They could but they don't necessarily have to, and I don't think it would help the plot in anyway.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2016 05:40 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Beniboybling
They could but they don't necessarily have to, and I don't think it would help the plot in anyway.

Yeah I suppose it's ultimately irrelevant to the plot given the chances are Luke won't be around by the end of this trilogy anyway. So she could be the most powerful force user in the Galaxy without being as powerful as Prime Luke, Prime Yoda or Prime Palpatine.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2016 05:43 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Well it's more the fact that the title is just unnecessary, Anakin wasn't the most powerful Force user in the PT, and Luke wasn't the most powerful Force user in the OT. Because as the protagonists they by definition must be challenged, if Rey becomes Luke-tier that isn't going to be possible.

She might reach that level, but the moment she does the moment she stops being the protag imo. We certainly won't see it in this trilogy.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2016 05:50 PM
Darth Thor

That's why I was only referring to her full potential. And even stated it could take her 2 trilogies to reach that potential (assuming she does, given that you rightly pointed out how Anakin didn't.)

Old Post Jan 15th, 2016 06:21 PM
quanchi112
Disney

I think Rey might end up being the most powerful force user in the entire mythos tbh (minus the Ones).

I'm not sure if she'll gain that kind of power over 1 trilogy though (remember the next trilogy will probably come shortly after this one), but it seems to be what she's destined for.

Edit- Damn just noticed this is the Troll's thread.
So you are backing down from your Luke fanboyism with just one film in no less.

laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 16th, 2016 04:28 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Vader
Boba Fett/Jango
Maul
Palpatine
Obi-Wan
Yoda

(Still havent seen TFA)

Bankai.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2016 01:58 PM
Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

1-3: Vader/Dooku/Qui-Gon
4. R2
5. Yoda
6. Mace
7. Jango
8. Obi-Wan
9. Hondo
10. Cad Bane

Old Post Jan 17th, 2016 01:54 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Well ?

Old Post Dec 25th, 2017 03:29 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by Estacado
(Still havent seen TFA)

And never do. You are so lucky I envy you.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2017 03:55 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Updated List

1. Snoke
2. Darth Maul
3. Kylo Ren
4. Palpatine
5. Darth Vader
6. Count Dooku
7. Yoda
8. General Grievous
9. Obi Wan Kenobi
10. Jango Fett

Old Post Dec 25th, 2017 03:55 AM
Rebel95

1. Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker
2. Kylo Ren
3. Luke Skywalker
4. Darth Maul
5. Boba Fett
6. Obi Wan Kenobi
7. Yoda

Those are the only ones that I really care about

Old Post Dec 25th, 2017 04:23 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

1. Dooku
2. Obi Wan
3. Sidious
4. Yoda
5. Vader

"On the edge of sanity"

Old Post Dec 25th, 2017 01:45 PM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by Trocity
Top ten is a lot. My four clear cut faves are:

Vader
Palpatine
Obi-Wan
Han

Probably in that order.

Still this + Thrawn, now that he is canon.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2017 02:19 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. Obi-Wan Kenobi
2. Yoda
3. Dooku
4. Han Solo
5. Palpatine
6. Vader
7. Kylo Ren
8. Kanan Jarrus
9. Luke Skywalker
10. Grievous

Honorary mentions: Lando, Mace, Plo, late-TCW (S4+) Ahsoka, Yularen, Kallus, Tarkin, Grand Inquisitor, Thrawn

Characters I'd see down the trash compactor: early TCW Ahsoka, early Ezra, Rey, Snoke

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Dec 25th, 2017 02:41 PM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

1. Ahsoka Tano
2. Obi-Wan Kenobi
3. Leia Organa
4. Darth Vader
5. Luke Skywalker (Original Trilogy)
6. Kylo Ren
7. Asajj Ventress
8. Sheev Palpatine
9. Han Solo
10. Yoda

Old Post Dec 25th, 2017 02:51 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote