KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Obi-Wan should've trained Luke wayyy earlier

Obi-Wan should've trained Luke wayyy earlier
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

Please play the game... wink

Old Post Jan 21st, 2016 07:55 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

(please log in to view the image)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 21st, 2016 09:32 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Lol, irony much? You realize this is exactly what you did when you ignored/dodged my initial question(which entirely defeated your line of 'logic'), right?

Again:

But yeah, keep trying to move goalposts with your faux-intellectual banter. I'm still not going to play that game. smile

Still waiting on a response. You're not being very fun.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2016 09:49 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

PS. I don't like your games.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2016 10:05 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

PS. I don't like your games.
Play them.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2016 10:20 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 08:53 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well in the new canon it seems Ben talked to Owen about training Luke as a boy, but Owen simply told him where to go. Which makes sense.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2016 10:45 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

OB1 said something along those lines in ANH. Except with the PT the whole 'damn idealistic crusade' doesn't make any sense anymore.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2016 01:34 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well in the new canon it seems Ben talked to Owen about training Luke as a boy, but Owen simply told him where to go. Which makes sense.
thumb up
http://i.imgur.com/T7xzJRv.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wqv15Wi.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YdlARkY.jpg

New canon also depicts Owen as an absolute prick.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2016 03:44 PM
queeq
Chaos

So did the old canon. wink

Old Post Jan 24th, 2016 04:37 PM
sweersa

Originally posted by queeq
We were discussing the concept of training Jedi from a very early age (like two) and that Lucas changed his mind about the best age to be trained between OT and PT.

And then you say: the PT proves that training them from kids works great! I mean, that is really weird.

Seeing how almost all of the Jedi were wiped out due to events that unfolded during the PT, perhaps their methods were not so good. big grin

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 12:49 AM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

thumb up
http://i.imgur.com/T7xzJRv.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wqv15Wi.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YdlARkY.jpg

New canon also depicts Owen as an absolute prick.

So protecting your family from potentially going down a path which destroyed said family of the child's, is being a prick?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 01:55 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by sweersa
Seeing how almost all of the Jedi were wiped out due to events that unfolded during the PT, perhaps their methods were not so good. big grin

laughing

Good point!

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 08:01 AM
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Originally posted by Zenwolf
So protecting your family from potentially going down a path which destroyed said family of the child's, is being a prick?

Yeah except that Owen is too close-minded to understand it all.

If Luke didn't train to be a Jedi, he would've eventually been discovered by Vader or the Empire as his Force powers would've manifested sooner or later. Without the proper training, he wouldn't know how to control them and would probably accidentally draw attention to himself. Fact is, Owen was being selfish and just didn't want Luke to grow and be different to him and more like his father aka a Jedi Knight and also selfish because he knew Luke could definitely help the Rebel Alliance stop the Empire with his Jedi powers but he'd rather Luke remained a petty farmer in a world with little future for him.

So, yeah, he's a prick.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 08:30 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ I don't know if Owen knew that Luke was basically the Chosen One who could save the Galaxy. He just seems to know that Luke was a potential Jedi like his Father.

Regarding Luke training much earlier, Sam Witwer gives his opinion on it on Collider Jedi Council this week, saying they(Luke and Leia) couldn't be trained at a young age, because they were too powerful and the Sith would sense that. So the Jedi were waiting for them to grow up, be old enough and competent enough to defend themselves, and then to be trained as quickly as possible.

Makes sense tbh.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2016 11:00 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ I don't know if Owen knew that Luke was basically the Chosen One who could save the Galaxy. He just seems to know that Luke was a potential Jedi like his Father.

Regarding Luke training much earlier, Sam Witwer gives his opinion on it on Collider Jedi Council this week, saying they(Luke and Leia) couldn't be trained at a young age, because they were too powerful and the Sith would sense that. So the Jedi were waiting for them to grow up, be old enough and competent enough to defend themselves, and then to be trained as quickly as possible.

Makes sense tbh.

Yeah I mean he didn't know Luke would be an all powerful Jedi, but he certainly knew he could help the Rebellion a lot and could potentially be a powerful Jedi and have a much brighter future than just farm in Tatooine tbh.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2016 03:10 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Coulda, woulda, shoulda...

Old Post Jun 7th, 2016 09:08 AM