KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » Who will play Indy in Indiana Jones 5?

Who will play Indy in Indiana Jones 5?
Started by: C-3POTheClever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
C-3POTheClever

Who will play Indy in Indiana Jones 5?

Do we know yet?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2016 04:52 PM
C-3POTheClever is currently offline Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Keanu Reeve's will take over.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2016 11:39 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would just love for the answer to be "nobody will be playing him because they won't make a 5th film".

Old Post Mar 7th, 2016 03:40 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Chris Pratt would be the perfect person to take over if they really need to.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2016 05:45 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

He would prolly... if they're thinking a real reboot.

However... would a reboot work at all?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2016 10:37 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I dont see why not.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2016 10:40 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

And the answer is...

HARRISON FORD! eek!

Ford & Steven Spielberg are reuniting to do Indy 5!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts...rticle29246859/

Ford is spending his golden years revisiting all the old favourites.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Mar 15th, 2016 09:00 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

At least this time Spielberg won't have Lucas sticking his nose in things.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 03:49 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Indy in the 1960's - what could the story be? Vietnam, Cambodia...Woodstock?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 05:09 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Indy in the 60s? Epic!

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 08:17 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

OMG... I dunno guys. Indy as an old man... it wasn't very interesting in KOTCS... how could it be interesting now.

I mean, Han Solo was great in TFA. But he was an old man and it was about an entire new generation... This is about INDY... Another Shia? Another young gun? I dunno...

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 09:39 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I do. Old Indy rules. Liked him in the TV series, so, this works for me.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 10:08 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I hate to say this, but Harrison Ford just hasn't aged very well. There is old and then there is "looks like the only thing keeping him alive is black magic".

Plus after the last movie it's hard to imagine people would want more. I mean it was bad, it made the Star Wars prequels look like Citizen Kane.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
At least this time Spielberg won't have Lucas sticking his nose in things.

I don't think this is fair. It seems like you're trying to say what made the last film bad was Lucas. If he produced it, directed it, wrote it, etc. then I would agree. He wrote the story, but not the screenplay or anything else.

Last edited by Surtur on Mar 16th, 2016 at 10:22 PM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 10:17 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Surtur

I don't think this is fair. It seems like you're trying to say what made the last film bad was Lucas. If he produced it, directed it, wrote it, etc. then I would agree. He wrote the story, but not the screenplay or anything else.

He also produced the 4th movie too, Even rejected Frank Darabont's script which he later rewrote the final act.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 11:58 PM
riv6672

Originally posted by Surtur
I hate to say this...

I hated to read it. stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 17th, 2016 05:57 AM
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by riv6672
I do. Old Indy rules. Liked him in the TV series, so, this works for me.

Yeah, as a side character, someone introducing an episode. Even the tv series had a younger lead to do all the action. So if that is the case, the question is really: who's gonna be the real lead?

And basically that makes Indiana Jones an entirely different movie.

And I agree that Spielberg is not to be excused by Lucas. Spielberg is one of the few final cut directors in Hollywood. KOTCS is entirely his work.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2016 07:46 AM
riv6672

quote:
Yeah, as a side character, someone introducing an episode. Even the tv series had a younger lead to do all the action. So if that is the case, the question is really: who's gonna be the real lead?

To me a movie at this point is a halfway point between old(TV) and young Indy.
As to action, well, Ford is in his early 70s, so yeah, he cant do it all, but so what?
His "dad" Sean Connery was doing action movies well into the same age range (The Rock at 66, Entrapment at 69, LoEG at 73).
Not a big deal for an old actor to get through a movie on a wink and a smile and some deadpan snark (all Indy staples BTW), some creative stunt work and a good cast around them.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2016 10:23 AM
queeq
Chaos

Sean Connery didn't do any major stunt work AND he wasn't the main character in the movies you mentioned. Indiana Jones is.

Plus, the characters Connery played WERE old men. The best comparison with Connery is seeing him in James Bond in Never Say Never Again... he was quite an old Bond then and that almost worked. Imagine him playing the new Bond now (he's only a few years older than Ford). That just wouldn't work.

Someone once said after KOTCS, and I agree with this, that Indy isn't a character you'd want to SEE. Indy's a character we wanted to BE (in the 80's). In your imagination, who wants to be an old man?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2016 07:46 AM
riv6672

Well, i guess since i AM an old man (and still kick major ass), i have no problem seeing my childhood hero age. wink

Old Post Mar 18th, 2016 09:56 AM
riv6672

REALLY slow posting morning on the site for me, so, imma come back to this.

quote:
Sean Connery didn't do any major stunt work AND he wasn't the main character in the movies you mentioned...

Yes he did, and yes he was.
The stuntwork SC did in all three movies varied, but, he did it, the way i said, creatively, and with a good cast.
As for not being the main character? Sorry but thats just not true:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images? q=tbn.../> ko5j2GnsP07Q

http://m.movieposter.com/posters/ar...in/67/MPW-33593

http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/mov...277_p_v8_aa.jpg

Front and center on every poster, and more importantly, top billing.

I get it, you dont want to see an old Indy. Not going to call you an ageist, but, its gonna happen. Ford's in credible enough shape to pull it off, and if he doesnt do the lion's share of the heavy lifting, well, you're probably going to disagree, as you have with everything else i've said (even when what i said was true see above), but, its Indy's charm, personality, and self depreciating wit that make up 90% of why the character's endured for 35 years.
Hollywood slapped hats and/or leather jackets on dozens of actors in a score of movies with hundreds of stunts trying to replicate the Indy formula.
Only a handful had any success, and none to the degree of the original.
You cant bottle lightning. Even if, at this point the lightning is well past its prime.

A reboot could surely be done, and be succsesful, but it wouldnt be Indy.
Pratt, Cooper, even my man Oswalt, wouldnt be causing this discussion 35 years down the line.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2016 11:14 AM